Welcome to Gaia! ::

Well boys are always going to be immature regardless of age and will constantly want sex as long as they've got some libido. Plus, I wouldn't mind dating a slightly older girl just not someone as old as my mother. lol

Shameless Gawker

Hard to take you seriously when your name is "kidlets".
I was still secretly playing with dolls at 14, let alone being with BOYS! Yuck!
Buttery Biscuit Face

Oh yes because I am such a ***** at 13, right?
rofl

2,600 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
kidlets
I've come across a lot of young girls and older boys going out with each other. For instance, yesterday there was a picture on facebook of one of my friends and her boyfriend together in the picture, my friend being 14 and the boy being 17 or 18. I don't know if they're having intercourse or not, but unless her parents have a problem with it or if they're making out in front of a police station it doesn't seem like people are going to make a big deal about it because it's a very small town. I'm not saying it's okay, or condemning these types of relationships but what do you think is going on here? In the picture, they look very happy together, but I can't tell if he actually loves her or if he's using her for sex.

Of course, everyone who has seen this picture has said to me that he's just "looking for an easy piece of a**", but I don't know if that's really the case or not. I mean, she really loves him but I don't want her to get hurt.

How do you feel about age differences in relationships such as this?
Do you think he is just using her?
Let's say you were 14, would you date someone 3-4 years older than you?
Have you been involved in a relationship where your partner was older than you? If so, by how many years and how old were you at the time?

Discuss how you feel about this.

Edit: People here sure like them 14 year olds. emotion_awesome
*coughs at a relationship another one of my friends has been involved in where the guy was in his twenties*

The age difference you used as an example isn't a big deal to me. A friend of mine dated a girl 5 years younger than him, and though it was particularly weird in the first few years, as she got older, it was less disturbing. She left him and wound up with a guy more than ten years older than her. That was far more disturbing. I believe my friend did love her, but I know there was quite a bit of "trophy girlfriend" going on for him, as well. She put him through hell, and in turn, he became particularly-possessive of her. I do not excuse his behaviour however, no matter how justified his insecurities were (she cheated on him a few times).

As to your friend's relationship, it's not possible for anyone here to give you a factual answer. We can theorize that he is using her/actually loves her, but we cannot give you a solid answer. It's possible he's using her, but it is also just as likely that he does love her. If the relationship occurred (or is still in effect) with your friend at the age of eighteen, you probably wouldn't take notice of it as much. That's the thing about 3-4 year age differences; in your early teens, it seems like a big deal. Once you reach a certain age, it makes no difference. My mom and my step-dad are separated by thirteen years. In some ways, I do find it a tad weird, but I've been around it since I was six, so I've had time to adjust to things of this nature. Regardless of what anyone's opinions are however, the only opinions that matter involve the couple. Everyone on the outside can have their opinions, but without being in the same situation, they cannot truly understand the reasoning behind it.

I honestly can't say whether I would have dated someone 3-4 years older than me at the age of fourteen. I think it really would have depended on the guy.

Other than that, I have only dated people the same age as me, to a year older than me.

Shameless Gawker

kidlets
Buttery Biscuit Face

rofl

You could be actually. You'd be in a lot of trouble if you had sex with a newborn.
Buttery Biscuit Face
kidlets
Buttery Biscuit Face

rofl

You could be actually. You'd be in a lot of trouble if you had sex with a newborn.

Aw, dang. Now I know that I can't. emotion_eyebrow
do you feel about age differences in relationships such as this?
There's no right or wrong answer. It's very true that a lot of those times when young teenage girls date guys who are on their late teens it's because the guy is indeed looking for an "easy piece of a**". Teenage-young adult guys tend to be horny dogs. But I admit that sometimes people have relationships because they do like each other. My friend dated a guy who was 4 years older than her. They broke up recently from a 4 year relationship that started when she was thirteen. And I can personally tell you that they adored each other razz

you think he is just using her?
Judging by the fact that you are coming here with absolutely no experience on the subject and that this girl happens to be a friend of yours, indicating that she probably has a similar way of thinking... Yes. This kind of thing happens a lot, especially to very NAIVE girls. Plus, the fact that there are rumors going around about him "looking for an easy piece of a**" is a definite confirmation. Most of the time rumors don't just come out of nowhere.

say you were 14, would you date someone 3-4 years older than you?
I actually did date a guy who was 4 years older than me when I was 14 lol. I just found it quite thrilling, the guy definitely had much more experience than me in many areas hahah. It didn't last long though because he was going away to college.

Fashionable Shopper

User ImageIts a bad idea. I know a dude who got his life ruined from dating a younger girl. We all told him that she can get him in trouble even though they weren't doing anything sexual. She ran and told mommy when they broke up, her parents pressed charges and he got house arrest. Its a horrible plan for guys to date younger girls. It may not even always be the girl's fault. Sometimes the parents go really overboard and want to show that no one can mess with their little girl. Even afterwards he said he did nothing to her but somehow still got in trouble. Its really sad that things like that can happen.

LilPinkCandy
User ImageIts a bad idea. I know a dude who got his life ruined from dating a younger girl. We all told him that she can get him in trouble even though they weren't doing anything sexual. She ran and told mommy when they broke up, her parents pressed charges and he got house arrest. Its a horrible plan for guys to date younger girls. It may not even always be the girl's fault. Sometimes the parents go really overboard and want to show that no one can mess with their little girl. Even afterwards he said he did nothing to her but somehow still got in trouble. Its really sad that things like that can happen.

This happened to my other friend, her parents pressed charges against him and he got statutory rape. It's sad that that happens, although it really just depends on how mature the people are I think. If you get in a relationship like that you really have to be super careful. :c It's sad.

Fashionable Shopper

kidlets
LilPinkCandy

This happened to my other friend, her parents pressed charges against him and he got statutory rape. It's sad that that happens, although it really just depends on how mature the people are I think. If you get in a relationship like that you really have to be super careful. :c It's sad.

User ImageI guess she was really nice or something until he decided to break up with her. Its really hard to tell and probably best if guys who are legal don't date younger girls until they become legal or unless he knows their parents or something like that. Its difficult to tell who will do that to you unless you really know them....

2,500 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Hygienic 200
  • Member 100
it depends on age, like id find it creepy if a 13 year old was dating 16/17 year old but at the same time im 25 my bf is 29.
my friend is dating a 45 year old and shes only 24! there really isnt a right age for matching, it depends on how mature you are and if you love that person and that person loves you. at the same time the law is the law and anyone commiting a crime should be prosacuted

Shameless Grabber

14,775 Points
  • Medalist 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
It's whatevs to me. They can do whatever they want b/c I shouldn't and don't care.

I probably would have been all redface about it, since I was a fairly innocent 14 yr old, but I think I would have done it. Now, I def would have done it. Dating older women <3

Have you been involved in a relationship where your partner was older than you? If so, by how many years and how old were you at the time?
Nope, never. I had the potential to date someone who was like a yr older than me, and another who was 19 yrs older than me (was too big though of a gap, even for me...and I was friends with her daughter), but neither happened. First was irl, second was long distance. Those were my only real chances at dating someone older. Then there was the time I thought I was dating someone older (long distance)...turns out she lied to me about her age emotion_awesome

Feline Fatcat

7,300 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Generous 100
It doesn't really bother me, tbh, just as long as it isn't anything creepy.

Yes, and I have done, although he was more than four years older than me.

Yes, I have, my partner is six years older than me, we did go out once before when I was fourteen/fifteen, but due to personal reasons we had to break up, but we both thought to give it another try when I was sixteen, and we've been together ever since. (I'm 20 now btw ;] ).

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff