Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Gekko

11,400 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Trader 100
  • Cart Raider 100
What? i was taught that the best time for a woman to have a kid is between the ages of 28-32.

Angelic Inquisitor

9,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Object of Affection 150
Whether someone is teen or adult. It's all the same reasons.

Actually it's harmful for a teen to be pregnant and the child is in harm as well because teens have to give birth early then normal 9 months. Maybe it won't effect late teens but early is for sure is taking higher risk factors then risk at 20 of being pregnant.

Dapper Poster

Well, it's not really a trend. I wouldn't be surprised if it became a trend after 16 And Pregnant or something like that. It just happens to be that young children don't know how to use protection, so the girl gets pregnant.

Dapper Poster

Very Beautiful Samira
What? i was taught that the best time for a woman to have a kid is between the ages of 28-32.

Science is always making changes....

Precious Hellraiser

12,425 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300
I think most teen pregnancies aren't intentional... I have yet to see any high school (or early college) girl say they had children on purpose... neutral

Fashionable Gekko

11,400 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Trader 100
  • Cart Raider 100
Chrisetta
Very Beautiful Samira

Science is always making changes....

Valid point and everyones health is different too

Precious Hellraiser

12,425 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300
Very Beautiful Samira

Yeah I always thought it was the other way around. That it's best for women to have children after 25 because of the way the hips and pelvis develop.

Fashionable Gekko

11,400 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Trader 100
  • Cart Raider 100
britt1110
Very Beautiful Samira

Yeah I always thought it was the other way around. That it's best for women to have children after 25 because of the way the hips and pelvis develop.
My childhood parenting book also said it was best for women to have kids between those ages because that's when the ovaries are at their peak

Greedy Millionaire

it's ridiculous. i wish more teenagers knew about contraceptives. when i became sexually active i knew getting pregnant was something i never wanted to have happen to me (i don't want kids), so i went to my parents straight away and asked they put me on birth control and get me condoms. to this day i dont have sex unless my boyfriend and i are protected. if i ever end up pregnant then the only outcome for me is an abortion.

i don't understand how teenagers can be so happy to have a child they usually end up throwing on their parents to take care of while they go off doing the same s**t they did before they got knocked up (partying, drugs, etc.)

damn kidz pls educate urselfs

Lonely Explorer

8,100 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Generous 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
I think it comes from lack of sex education.

As a mom-to-be, i spend alot of time on a pregnancy app and see a lot of parenting opinions about teens and sex. Most either don't want their "babies" to know about sex or even know how to prevent pregnancies other than abstinence and we all know how well telling a teenager NOT to do something works. They have sex anyway and don't know how to protect themselves.

Not sure if its true, but I saw a post one day about a 12 year old who got his gf pregnant (twins too). Sad thing is there was another post with asking if 12, 13, or 14 year olds should have access to condoms...Majority voted "No, they shouldnt even be having sex at that age." While true they shouldnt be having sex, they will and need to know how to protect themselves.

I also think it comes down to the image of being a parent. I've heard stories of teens actually trying to have a kid. I'm not sure why any teen would want that. Taking care of a kid is a lot of work for someone still in high school.
Apparently my mom and dad "planned" me. Im not sure how true this is, but they were still in high school and it almost made me ashamed that they would even try something like that.

Okay..i think im done..im pretty opinionated when it comes to teen pregnancy. I know when my daughter is a teen we will talk to her about safe sex. Because you can't stop them from having sex. But you can make sure they are being safe. (or at least you have a better chance trying to get them to be safe then to not have sex at all)

Generous Donator

11,900 Points
  • Cash Grabber 500
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Because they don't have safe sex
Teens aren't being properly educated about sex, the responsibilities of being a parent. How sex affects people. Or how to have safer sex.

Questionable Prophet

11,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
Mostly because they're stupid and think "oh, that won't happen to me."

And also because a lot of them are too afraid/embarrassed to get contraceptives.

And occasionally, the really stupid ones think "I can handle a baby."

And the really, really stupid ones think, "I need someone to love me, so I'm going to have a baby." I've only heard that once though, from a girl I worked with at the time. I hope that's not the majority.

Liberal Dabbler

I think it's because of either faulty/terrible sex-ed or just ignorance in general.

Fashionable Prophet

Most of the time teens get pregnant it's usually an accident due to improper knowledge on protection or risk taking and going raw.

I noticed that a lot of teenager's babies look super healthy and more attractive, but they may not grow up in the best environment.

A stable family and a mature parent is much more valuable, so I think waiting is best.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff