Yes 0.83802816901408 83.8% [ 119 ]
No 0.16197183098592 16.2% [ 23 ]
Total Votes:[ 142 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 >

4,600 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Treasure Hunter 100
well, if the US said yes, then they would receive a lot of backlash from the Christian Church (mostly). but then again, not all christians say no to it. many are just as open-minded as the rest of us.

so, WHY THE HELL ISN'T THE US SAYING IT'S FINE???

like other than the political strings attached, are there any other reasons why not? like biased pplz, maybe? gah... hate them.

gay is okay!
i dont see why the cant but why get married
Sangoisthegirl
i dont see why the cant but why get married
The same reason why strait people want to get married. Why shouldnt Gays be able to marry. Its a symbol of forever love, togetherness.

If you wanted to look at it at christens religious view, there are gay christens, and in the bible it does say that it is better to be married before you sleep with the one you love.

Another view financial wise it the benefits you get for being married.

Conservative Citizen

This argument reminds me of how our dollar bill says "In God We Trust"
But then again, you have to think about it. Just because they can't get married, doesn't mean two people of the same sex are just going to give up and leave each other. No. They're still going to be together so what's the point in making them feel miserable by taking away something so beautiful and saying "Well, if you were a boy/girl then we would've let you". It's not right. People were born the way they are. They love who they love, male or female.

This country's law states Freedom of Religion, does it not? So if we're going to let something so immensly important as how everything began, how we were created and what comes after death to be induvidually chosen, why can't we let people choose who they love? Who they want to spend the rest of their life with.

TELL ME THAT AMERICA

Written by:
Yoshimi Kurosaki

I love this girl! She just says it so well!
I don't think that religion should come into politics at all. Unluckily most of our goverement are the old timing Christians who believe if you sin you are jerked down to some imaginary land where you spend the rest of your life burning and working for 'satan' There should be a few different religions in our goverment. Elect a few people from different religions so that personal bias can be contradicted quickly.

Truely I am a Pagan and follow a more Native American view, but to me marriage is only a symbol of love and unity. Even though it is traditionally a male and female there shouldn't be laws in which ban two people that are in love from going through the same rites. What I find unfair is that then the goverment have rights to refuse constitutional rights to a pair of people of the same sex that love each other and want to live together. It sucks.
It doesn't really matter whether they're legally able to prohibit, they can make a Constitutional amendment that states only opposite sex marriages can exist, and since 95% of our population believes in some form of a god, having an argument about it on Gaia isn't going to change it.

Dapper Hunter

2,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Rode Tase
But then again, you have to think about it. Just because they can't get married, doesn't mean two people of the same sex are just going to give up and leave each other. No. They're still going to be together so what's the point in making them feel miserable by taking away something so beautiful and saying "Well, if you were a boy/girl then we would've let you". It's not right. People were born the way they are. They love who they love, male or female.

This country's law states Freedom of Religion, does it not? So if we're going to let something so immensly important as how everything began, how we were created and what comes after death to be induvidually chosen, why can't we let people choose who they love? Who they want to spend the rest of their life with.

TELL ME THAT AMERICA

Written by:
Yoshimi Kurosaki

I love this girl! She just says it so well!

Shadowy Shapeshifter

10,925 Points
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200
This is an example of an everyday loophole. The Bill of Rights and
Constitution have no reference in them saying Gay marriage is ok or not. So it's a law left to be decided by the ones in charge.

Just like some states have higher speed limits, every state is given
the right to say yes or no to gay marriage. And as you can see, there
are no gay Governers in office so the laws will be as they wish.

Melodious Loiterer

14,900 Points
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
cpd3
Is the US government legally able to prevent gay marriage?

Considering the US gov creates the laws, it is not breaking its own laws to prevent gay marriage. As there is none that says "Anyone can marry anyone lol". Rights are not laws.
I know what you are trying to get at, but you are stating it in the wrong way. And I do not disagree with your point of view, btw.
Yuki Von Helson
This is an example of an everyday loophole. The Bill of Rights and
Constitution have no reference in them saying Gay marriage is ok or not. So it's a law left to be decided by the ones in charge.

Just like some states have higher speed limits, every state is given
the right to say yes or no to gay marriage. And as you can see, there
are no gay Governers in office so the laws will be as they wish.

We need a governor (or president...that would be sweet) to come out in office, or have a gay son or daughter. That would make people see things and not just ignore it. Not that a politician would get real far without that sort of thing coming out...
You will burn, you will burn in hell, burn in hell, burn in hell for your crimes against the earth!
My aunt is getting married to a woman, I have no problem with that! I mean the only reason a girl and a guy to get married (usually) is to make a baby
To be honest the U.S government can't because in the constitution it says everyone has that right they also can't tell a married gay couple that their marriage is insignificant because marriage is a legal contract and the US government has to respect all contracts no matter what and because of that Bush is trying to Pass a law to prohibit gay marriages but he won't ever win well hopefully

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff