Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,400 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
I'm a guy. Just wanted this understood from the start

So I've been close friends with this girl for a few years now, and after a while I began to love her. After a while, she got a boyfriend. Naturally, I was depressed for a while, but I decided to tell her anyway. I figured that things might be better if I let it be open, since the knowledge that I loved her and she loved someone else was eating away at me. I reasoned that maybe she could sympathize with me if she knew, maybe she'd try not to be so intimate around me(they had a very open relationship, and weren't shy to kiss or hug around their friends) since it hurt my heart. She didn't answer. After a while her boyfriend had to move away, and she started getting intimate with me. I was blinded in a mist of joy right then, since it seemed to me that she loved me back. I had loved two people at once before, it was a tough choice to make. Maybe she'd done the same. But I kinda got this notion that she didn't really love me. It seemed like she hadn't really loved the first guy either. The air around her is intoxicating, a kiss from her feels like an angel's feather passing through me. When I'm depressed, her very presence makes me feel like everything is going to be ok.

But I don't think she feels the same. She seems so non-chalont about it, and I often feel neglected. I almost feel that this is because I'm a shy man, I don't like to get intimate around other people. I don't have that urge to scream out my love to the world. I have nothing to prove to those people, only to her. I realize that we're just teenagers. I am very intelligent and mature. My mind is quite stable, and the hormonal urges of puberty are starting to fade. I may be ready for a serious relationship, but maybe she isn't.

So what do you think? Does she love me for who I am, or does she love me for WHAT I am? Am I a lover to her, Or am I just an able bodied male?
I dont think girls love guys because of what they are, thats just a plus. I think girls love guys because of who they are, that is if she does love you.
You seem like a really cool guy, shy guys are cute and all but I love outgoing guys but I'm really shy so whatever but It's kinda suspicious at the fact that he just moved and now she switches to you? Yea thats a problem. try talking to her about it even if you are shy you have to try!
Methinks that she might just be using you as a replacement for her now-gone boyfriend. Of course, I could very well be wrong. I only drew my conclusion from this:

She didn't respond to your confession, which likely means she was not too interested at the moment (at least not enough to leave her boyfriend)

Generally, after staying in the friend stage, the rut formed by these actions is quite hard to get out of. She simply never saw you as a romantic possibility until you confessed to her.

Of course, she's likely just as confused as you are, and she probably hasn't thought much about what her exact feelings are.

Of course, love is always a gamble, and it is entirely possible that she has had a latent sense of infatuation brooding since you first met her.

Nice descriptions of euphoria, by the way.
Epamek
Methinks that she might just be using you as a replacement for her now-gone boyfriend. Of course, I could very well be wrong. I only drew my conclusion from this:

She didn't respond to your confession, which likely means she was not too interested at the moment (at least not enough to leave her boyfriend)

Generally, after staying in the friend stage, the rut formed by these actions is impossible to get out of. She simply never saw you as a romantic possibility until you confessed to her.

Of course, she's likely just as confused as you are, and she probably hasn't thought much about what her exact feelings are.

Yep!
Honestly all girls are so different. The best way to know is to ask her point blank.
Personally, considering the kind of person I am, if a friend told me they loved me, I wouldn't get intimate unless I felt something for them too. Then again, that's just me.

6,400 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Elocutionist 200
I guess I'll wait a week or two more for something to happen that will reassure me before I confront her about it...

And thank you. I've always been really descriptive about things. But the thing is, I find it hard to express my feelings directly to anyone I feel might know me personally.

The more I know someone, the harder it is to talk to them about my feelings.

Maybe It's because I only have 3 people left that I care about, and I kinda don't want to change my image in their minds.

Wealthy Citizen

7,925 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Friendly 100
It's better if you date someone else. This whole situation might destroy the friendship sad
i dono..
hmmm sorry
I'd say give her some time to mature. I know from experience (being a girl who was chasing after my male best friend.) It is not good to focus only on her right now but find some one new to take your mind off of them, at least until they mature to your level.

She seems that she doesn't want a real relationship right now but whats a high school fling. And i know the relationship you want is a real one. You don't want to waist something beautiful just because she wants nothing serious right now.

Sum it all up XD wait until she is ready and it will be perfect... rush it and you will loose a friendship and a potential amazing relationship.
love my gaara
Epamek

Generally, after staying in the friend stage, the rut formed by these actions is impossible to get out of. She simply never saw you as a romantic possibility until you confessed to her.

Yep!

yup..

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas