Welcome to Gaia! ::

LilPinkCandy
In my area you can get shot for saying that unless you are black....

However, I would say that it's not insulting if it's common to say within your circle of friends and everyone is okay with it. It would be insulting to use the word in any other setting though.

Sounds like a dwelling for the culturally enriched.

Fashionable Shopper

Vladolf Putler
LilPinkCandy
In my area you can get shot for saying that unless you are black....

However, I would say that it's not insulting if it's common to say within your circle of friends and everyone is okay with it. It would be insulting to use the word in any other setting though.

Sounds like a dwelling for the culturally enriched.

Well depending on the neighborhood. Fortunately I'm far enough away from the violence. I grew up closer to it but was still far enough away sad

Dangerous Cat

5,450 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Member 100
it IS racist, and a cuss word. But it doesn't make you racist for not knowing it was. just dont do it

Anxious Gekko

Miyaka Hana
I don't count that or the "er" version as a racial slur. People are way too sensitive about it. neutral

so do u consider anything a racial slur?

Benevolent Smoker

there be some wack a** niggas in this topic

Generous Fairy

16,800 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
darlene devonshire
Miyaka Hana
I don't count that or the "er" version as a racial slur. People are way too sensitive about it. neutral

For the most part, not really. I don't take "racial slurs" seriously.

Anxious Gekko

Miyaka Hana
darlene devonshire
Miyaka Hana

that's good.

do u have a lot of white ppl saying things about the color of ur skin & u learned to roll with it or are white ppl around u just pretty chill with u being brown/black/whatever?

Generous Fairy

16,800 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
darlene devonshire
Miyaka Hana
darlene devonshire
Miyaka Hana

that's good.

do u have a lot of white ppl saying things about the color of ur skin & u learned to roll with it or are white ppl around u just pretty chill with u being brown/black/whatever?

I don't really talk to a lot of people, I'm white but I live in Texas so there are a lot of hispanics/mexicans. I just roll with it if anything I guess lol. People just think because I'm white I'm a redneck and I'm just like you're entitled to your opinion lol, it really makes no difference to me.
Childish Intellect
Bad Quality Serena
So today I got called out on Tumblr by tagging something with the word '*****'- a common greeting my friends and other people in my area (minorities and whites included) use.

So LD, time to analyze this.

Do you think ***** is a racial slur towards black people?

Does connotation matter when using words like ***** and f*****t?

Am I racist for continuing my use of the word ***** so nonchalantly?

Are you a b***h a** *****?

So today I got on Gaia and seen such a stupendous thread about the word "n*gga" being a racial slur (although it's not the actual word "n*gger" it is still a subsequent of the word)

So LD, time to analyze this.

Do you think Cracker is a racial slur towards white people?

Does connotation matter when using words like cracker and honky?

**P.S. Crackers are things everyone eat!

- just giving a demonstration on if it was the other way around -

rofl If someone called me a cracker I would laugh my a** off because we use that as a sarcastic greeting here too.
How can it be a slur or even be racist? I hear and watch rap videos where the black skinned people who pretend to be insulted by the word call each other that and those words.
Maybe they are just stupid. IDK. If you heard me call myself "Bill" (for example) you would probably call me Bill. I call myself ****** or ***** then call me what I told you I am. Just seems common sense right.
In other words, you can't be wrong or racist if you just call people what they say they are and also,
ALSO, THE WORDS YOU CHOSE DO NOT DEFINE YOU AS PERSON.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff