Welcome to Gaia! ::

What are the signs of teen girls being more emotionally mature than boys the same age that led to this, idk "stereotype?"

Timid Combatant

13,690 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
Every individual is different, so no.
Raven Winter
Every individual is different, so no.

Yeah, I agree. I also think girls tend to overstate how mature they are.

Muscular Kitten

Men just take more risks.
Which means they do stupid things more often.
Really doesn't have much to do with "maturity" imho.
Dippoldism
Men just take more risks.
Which means they do stupid things more often.
Really doesn't have much to do with "maturity" imho.

I think all the things people use to interpret maturity have nothing to do with maturity but either socialization or biology.
I have met very few emotionally mature females of any age.
Overall they do, but that doesn't mean that every girl will.
Miragen

How do you know they do overall? I'm skeptical about that.
Faux-Nom
I have met very few emotionally mature females of any age.

Really? Even women your mother' sage or grandmother's age? I notice a considerable maturity gap between girls my age and women in their 40s and up.
nig stole my bike again
Miragen

'' Scientists documented the ebb and flow of new neural connections, and found that some brain fibers that bridged far-flung regions of the brain tended to remain stable, while shorter connections, many of which were redundant, were edited away. And the entire reorganization seemed to occur sooner in girls’ brains than in boys’ brains.
Females also tended to have more connections across the two hemispheres of the brain. The researchers believe that the earlier reorganization in girls makes the brain work more efficiently, and therefore reach a more mature state for processing the environment. ''
It depends on the person. My sister is five years younger than me and is a whole bunch more responsible than I am.

One of my friend's gf is a needy a** b***h that gives him a shitton of headaches.
Miragen
nig stole my bike again
Miragen

'' Scientists documented the ebb and flow of new neural connections, and found that some brain fibers that bridged far-flung regions of the brain tended to remain stable, while shorter connections, many of which were redundant, were edited away. And the entire reorganization seemed to occur sooner in girls’ brains than in boys’ brains.
Females also tended to have more connections across the two hemispheres of the brain. The researchers believe that the earlier reorganization in girls makes the brain work more efficiently, and therefore reach a more mature state for processing the environment. ''

But is that necessarily emotional maturity?

Hygienic Wolf

Have you ever been to college?
The answer is no.
Valebat
Have you ever been to college?
The answer is no.

Yes I have and as I've said ITT I'm skeptical of the claim that girls emotionally mature faster.
nig stole my bike again
Miragen
nig stole my bike again
Miragen

But is that necessarily emotional maturity?

I would think so, what else?
Look at it as a computer, getting rid of useless crap means you get more room for important information.
And by not spending power on junk you can spend more on the important things, like emotions, meaning they would have better developed emotions.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff