Welcome to Gaia! ::

Im a member of a Mens only organization. It's the Knights of Columbus. It's a catholic fraternity that's churchwide instead of collegewide.There are councils in come colleges.

They exist but I know what you are saying. It seems like it's ok to let women have women only groups but nowadays if any new Men's only groups come around there is a cry of sexism from the hardcore feminist groups.

I personally believe sexism exists a whole lot more nowadays against men and the then thing we don't see it. Yes there is still plenty of sexism against women and we see that because media coverage and people take more time to recognize that kind of sexism.

I personally believe to end sexism we need to battle it on both sides because in my opinion, I feel like it's becoming a better thing to be a woman than it is to be a guy minus all the crap women deal with, women are slowly being treated a lot better than guys are.

I saw a picture that illustrates that. It showed a girl and it said "I have boobs, give me everything for free." And the bottom image was a guy and it said. "I have a p***s, blame everything on me."

I think I expressed my opinion on this. Now you guys are probably going to tell me how stupid and wrong I am.

Timid Seeker

The people who go to Men's and Women's clubs may be sexist, but the idea of having a safe same-gender space is actually a really good one. I have no idea what these clubs do, but I'm willing to believe that they have some form of group mentorship internally and externally meet with other organizations (where women's club members may also participate) and intermingle or affiliate that way.

The only real problem with these kinds of organizations is that there may not be much diversity. Whether it's diversity in culture or opinion, it hinders the group from continuing to grow or be effective at the point where it becomes homogeneous. If all the senior members are the "same" in the sense of lifestyle / background / stage of life and they provide the majority of the group's insight or direction, even if the group members themselves are diverse, it is overall bad for the group.

Fashionable Shopper

I'm apart of women gamers of eve in eve online. It's a chat room for women in eve to retreat to. The majority of the players are male so it's nice to have a place to talk to other women.
langland07
Im a member of a Mens only organization. It's the Knights of Columbus. It's a catholic fraternity that's churchwide instead of collegewide.There are councils in come colleges.

They exist but I know what you are saying. It seems like it's ok to let women have women only groups but nowadays if any new Men's only groups come around there is a cry of sexism from the hardcore feminist groups.

I personally believe sexism exists a whole lot more nowadays against men and the then thing we don't see it. Yes there is still plenty of sexism against women and we see that because media coverage and people take more time to recognize that kind of sexism.

I personally believe to end sexism we need to battle it on both sides because in my opinion, I feel like it's becoming a better thing to be a woman than it is to be a guy minus all the crap women deal with, women are slowly being treated a lot better than guys are.

I saw a picture that illustrates that. It showed a girl and it said "I have boobs, give me everything for free." And the bottom image was a guy and it said. "I have a p***s, blame everything on me."

I think I expressed my opinion on this. Now you guys are probably going to tell me how stupid and wrong I am.

how detached from reality are you
Stacie LaVelle
I'm just wondering why is it considered Sexist if a Man wants to have a men's only club or establishment or a support group but its perfectly ok for women to have their own. When a woman wants to join a men's only club, society likes to pressure the Men's only club or establishment to conform and change to become gender neutral. However if a MAN wants to join a Women's only Club, that man would be lucky if he doesn't become a registered sex offender.

Why is it sexist if a Man wants to have their own personal space, but if a woman wants one its perfectly ok.

For the record, I am a WOMAN, but if we are striving for equality, why cant men have their own personal spaces and support groups?
Is it racist to have a white's only club or support group?
Henrika
Stacie LaVelle
I'm just wondering why is it considered Sexist if a Man wants to have a men's only club or establishment or a support group but its perfectly ok for women to have their own. When a woman wants to join a men's only club, society likes to pressure the Men's only club or establishment to conform and change to become gender neutral. However if a MAN wants to join a Women's only Club, that man would be lucky if he doesn't become a registered sex offender.

Why is it sexist if a Man wants to have their own personal space, but if a woman wants one its perfectly ok.

For the record, I am a WOMAN, but if we are striving for equality, why cant men have their own personal spaces and support groups?
Is it racist to have a white's only club or support group?
Is it sexist to have a fraternity? No.
Is it sexist to have a sorority? No.
Is it racist to have an ethnicity? No.

Invisible Humorist

Raven Winter
s**t, it still bugs me that you've almost got my last name.

there's a person here who almost has my last name
her username is thelusa

Timid Combatant

13,690 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
GhostlyMark
Raven Winter

her username is thelusa

It's weird, right?

Invisible Humorist

Raven Winter
GhostlyMark
Raven Winter

her username is thelusa

It's weird, right?

i find it weird cause my last name is ******** weird as s**t
your last name seems like a french one

Timid Combatant

13,690 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
GhostlyMark
Raven Winter
GhostlyMark
Raven Winter

her username is thelusa

It's weird, right?

Yeah, it's French. I imagine you can relate to the fact that nobody can agree on how to pronounce it, though.

Invisible Humorist

Raven Winter
GhostlyMark
Raven Winter
GhostlyMark
Raven Winter

her username is thelusa

It's weird, right?

Yeah, it's French. I imagine you can relate to the fact that nobody can agree on how to pronounce it, though.

v.v yes

cause of my last name i was nicknamed Mark TheLlama

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas