Welcome to Gaia! ::

Original Gaian

10,950 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
The other day I was browsing the Internet when I stumbled onto a forum. In the forum a 20 year old woman was discussing her latest drama in loving a older woman she works with.
To me being gay/homosexual wasn't the issue.
But then she furthered her discussion and revealed that the woman she was in love with was not only married but that she was 36-8 years old (can't recall >.> )
Now to me, this is what seems odd.

So Gaia, do you think young people should be able to date old people..or not neccesarily old people but people completely out of their range of age.
Now I'm not meaning underage kid's like a 16 year old dating a 40 year old...but like the woman discussed her being 20 and the older woman being in her 30's do you find that okay?
what are your views of the fact the woman was married?
Homosexuality?
Discuss!

Diamond Regular

I think it's absolutely acceptable to be in love with another woman, who's older. However she probably shouldn't act on the feelings because the other woman is married.

Charitable Giver

There's absolutely nothing wrong with it (my parents are fourteen years apart). If they like one another they have a right as two consenting adults to date one another.

Edit: didn't see the married part >>; If she was married then she shouldn't be going after her.

Lonely Lunatic

I think that's fine. There's a line though. Like underage. But between consenting adults? I see nothing wrong

Hygienic Sex Symbol

NO IT IS ABHORRENT AND ABSOLUTELY UNCALLED FOR, HOW DARE PEOPLE DATE OTHER PEOPLE WHO HAVE LIVED LONGER, ESPECIALLY WRINKLY OLD GUYS

Of course it's okay, jesus christ

That's kind of my dream--to date an older woman and be her boy toy for the rest of my insignificant life.

Original Gaian

10,950 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
So really? I'm surprised more people are giving this topic thee okay. I woud figure the fact that its almost a 20 year difference that they would be more 'ew' about it.

For me I could care less as long as the two were happy, asides the marriage issue.
I think it's okay. They're both adults etc. There are several happily married couples that have a range of 10 years or more between them. As long as they're happy I don't see the issue.

And you can fall for people who are married. It's another thing if you act on it. I don't think it's alright to try to do anything sexual or romantic with a person you know is in a relationship.
if they are in love, why not?
I think it is completely fine.
Personally, I'm grossed out by the thought of dating someone so much older than me. I'm so specific over age, I will only date someone if they are older than me but won't go much over 5 years older.

But consenting adults have the right to date anyone they want to.

15,525 Points
  • Hive Mind 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Last year, I dated a 32 year old while I am 23, she ended up cheating on me with her sugar daddy. I broke up wih her on Christmas Eve, however I don't see an age difference as "wierd" or "odd".
My mother is engaged to my husband's best friend and they've been living together for almost 2 years. She turned 41 a few days ago and he's 27/28ish.

Sometimes she vents to me about their difficulties, but in general, they seem happy. The only thing that's really bothering her is that he's more than a little overweight and has a few health problems. She's worried that he'll die before her, which I can see happening.

Original Gaian

10,950 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
Gebrechen
My mother is engaged to my husband's best friend and they've been living together for almost 2 years. She turned 41 a few days ago and he's 27/28ish.

Sometimes she vents to me about their difficulties, but in general, they seem happy. The only thing that's really bothering her is that he's more than a little overweight and has a few health problems. She's worried that he'll die before her, which I can see happening.

Now sorry I'm going to use your mom as an example.

Now here in his post a woman who is older is dating a young man.
Does anyone feel that it could be a thing about different genders?
Is it wrong for a old man to date a young pretty girl over a old woman dating a young boy?
Or a young male dating a old male? ect?
I don't give a s**t, if everyone's legal.

The woman's cheating on her husband, if this isn't something he knows about/consented to. So whatever, that's on her conscience. Not much else to say.

5,800 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I don't see a problem with it at all. However, since the older woman is married the young lady shouldn't pursue a relationship. Unless of course the married woman is in an open marriage and then we have the issue of them being the same sex, which is a totally different discussion.

Just because somebody has lived longer than you or you've lived longer than them shouldn't mean that they're off limits. If they're in love or happy with the relationship, and they're consenting adults? They could be exactly the same age or thirty years apart and it doesn't bother me, because it's none of my business.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff