Welcome to Gaia! ::

Celebrating Roisterer

Pseudo-Onkelos

Why do you think we have our ertain personallity types?

Because no one brain is the same.
every single one of me is unique.

Benevolent Smoker

A what and what now?

Sparkly Vampire

I am an introvert, but an extrovert thinker. I tend to be shy, and whenever I socialize it seems no1 hears me. So it would be nice to be an extrovert, which I think I can change.

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

Im an outgoing introvert.

Dapper Gawker

I'm an introvert.

Yes, I'm also shy.

We have certain personality types because of having different brain structures. For example, extroversion/introversion has something to do with the arousal system (the reticular activating system?). The normal base of arousal is higher in introverts than in extroverts. Most personality traits are environmental, though. I think into-extro is like half between hereditary and environmental.

No, you are what you are. You can fake it, but you're still going to feel the same effects. It's like telling an introvert to do 100 pushups if they're used to 10. I guess wording it that way, I wonder... I guess an introvert could tolerate it if they do it often. Same for an extrovert, but they'd still prefer to do what they naturally do best.

Well, I don't like being as shy as I am, but I'm not bothered by being introverted.
It seems like I can act like anyone I want,
however I want,
and I have no fear in it.
It's like I embrace every single side.
I hope I don't have like Split personality disorder or something.
i'm very much an introvert. i'm also very shy. i can't really control it, it's just natural for me but i'm not sure if it's possible change being an introvert. you can work on being shy though. i don't wish i was an extrovert at all. when you've only lived one way it's difficult to imagine another. i'm very content as i am.

Familiar Phantom

i wish i was introverted because itd make dealing with social anxiety and general anxiety and depression etc etc much much easier for me

im incredibly extroverted so i need to be around people and it kinda doesnt work when i freak out trying to talk to people lol

Adventuring Explorer

36,400 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Healer 50
I'm an introvert.

Dunno 'bout shy. I dislike crowds.

Despite not being an extrovert several people (including some teachers and my dad) suspected I had ADHD when I was a kid. I was very hyper.

As for the source of introvertedness/extrovertedness... meh, everyone's different. Mix of genetics (including hormones and stuff) and upbringing! My introversion is genetic I'm sure.

I can control it to some extent. I can be outgoing for a bit too and have fun. It just makes me tired faster than it does extroverts, and I reenergize myself through solitude.

I don't wish I was opposite.

Nice link about the upside of introversion (since it seems to be seen as less practical these days): The power of introverts

I'm INTJ :3

Familiar Phantom

Very introverted, usually not shy. We have personality types because of genetics and experiences. To some extent you can control your personality type, but mostly it's out of your control. In certain situations it would be easier to be more extroverted, but generally I'm glad to be as I am. I think most people who say "oh I wish I were an extrovert" actually are extroverts, but are forced into seclusion because they can't make friends for some reason. The only way I'd ever want to be an extrovert would be like if I were forced to work in human resources or something.

Generous Millionaire

Petrograd
I'm an introvert.

Dunno 'bout shy. I dislike crowds.

Despite not being an extrovert several people (including some teachers and my dad) suspected I had ADHD when I was a kid. I was very hyper.

As for the source of introvertedness/extrovertedness... meh, everyone's different. Mix of genetics (including hormones and stuff) and upbringing! My introversion is genetic I'm sure.

I can control it to some extent. I can be outgoing for a bit too and have fun. It just makes me tired faster than it does extroverts, and I reenergize myself through solitude.

I don't wish I was opposite.

Nice link about the upside of introversion (since it seems to be seen as less practical these days): The power of introverts

I'm INTJ :3
I know what you mean, I am super hyper at home with my dad/ sister /brothe. But when it comes to anyone else i just shut down! Thats probably why my aunts/ grandparents/cousins dont like me as much as my sister!
I'm actually reading a book about introversion right now!

Devoted Worshipper

9,850 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
Are you an introvert or extrovert?
Introvert.

Introverts are you shy aswell?
Somewhat. I can seem to be around people I do not know, but more likely I am assessing them, listening to them and decided on what and how I might converse with them better on another occasion. Studying so then I do not make a fool of myself, essentially.

Extoverts are you claimed to be adhd?

Why do you think we have our ertain personallity types?
I think we do, but it can also change over time.

Can you control whether you are introverted or extroverted?
To a degree, yes. Both me and my boyfriend are naturally introverts, yet for the hobby we have, it is neccesary to talk to complete strangers, and we can do so with relative ease and confidence.

Do you wish you had the opposite personality type?
No

Adventuring Explorer

36,400 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Healer 50
Rainbow Flavored Rim Job
I know what you mean, I am super hyper at home with my dad/ sister /brothe. But when it comes to anyone else i just shut down! Thats probably why my aunts/ grandparents/cousins dont like me as much as my sister!
I'm actually reading a book about introversion right now!
Hehe. I last longer with those who are relaxed around me. Those I gotta watch what I say around, I get tired fast xP
( Let me quick post, Gaia dammit!)

I'm an Ex-Introvert who become a extrovert and I have to say, being an introvert can really inhibit you on solving issues with other people. You need those people skills and communication skills if you want to be content with your esteem.

Beloved Treasure

5,150 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I'm an introvert, but I'm not really shy. I just prefer to hang out with people I know well. I get along pretty well with people I have just met, but it takes me a while to really consider a person my friend.

I'm not sure if it's possible to switch from one personality to the other, but I don't think you can. For me, being an introvert or extrovert depends on whether you prefer to hang out with close friends or you like to hang out with everybody. Your preference is not likely to change so dramatically.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff