Welcome to Gaia! ::

Timid Phantom

16,650 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Fluff Healer 100
  • Fluff Rehab 200
I've always liked being alone, and right now I'm loving being alone now more than ever. I have friends at school, but I just feel like avoiding them all the time because honestly all I do is sit there and hardly keep a conversation.

AngelsDreadedFear pretty much summed up what I feel like 24/7 of the time. Not sure about one and two, those may be possible for me, but the rest is what I feel like 24/7. All the time. Anytime anywhere.
I'm an extrovert in the truest sense of the word, in that I draw my energy from other people. I do best working with people in my professional life because it helps me stay energized while working. I can also generally rally for a social event too- no matter how tired I am before and event, once I'm there I can usually go for at least a few hours. Obviously I need down time, but I'm happiest and feeling my best when I get to interact with people. I spent a year working somewhere where I didn't get to interact with very many people, and I had just moved so I didn't have any friends outside work (so I had 2 friends). I was not very happy then, and even though I enjoyed a lot of perks then, I'm much happier now that I have lots of people in my life.

Fashionable Hunter

I'm pretty extroverted.

I find it difficult to get to know introverts, and end up kind of avoiding them unless I stumble upon a good topic the first or second time.
I used to be quite the extrovert. I was loud, very friendly and in everyone's face. But now that I've matured some, I've really mellowed out.
I have a really bad habit of over thinking aspects of situations and end up just ruining the whole thing. And a friend really close friend of mine really betrayed my trust so my interest in being active with other people is very minimal right now. I just find it easier and less painful to keep to myself. You change when you learn enough to want to, or you've been hurt enough that you have to.

Snow Chil

22,350 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Distrustul Officer 50
I like people and I like going out and doing things, but

at the end of the day I'm happiest in my house doing my own thing.

Not sure if I "recharge" this way, or if I simply just get overwhelmed by too much of others' expectations. Or because I tire quickly from asthma. I can't keep up other people's pace.
I'm pretty introverted but I really like people.

Diamond Regular

I am most definitely an extrovert. I have conversations with strangers pretty much every time I go out.

My husband is a major introvert.
Major major extrovert. You wouldn't think if it if you just saw that I don't go out often. But I am. I'm a very open and very emotional person. I work through my things by putting it out in the open and taking it head on. Even if I lied to you my body shows how I'm feeling anyway. It's hard to hide how I feel.

Buggy Mage

Im introverted and I always have gotten the feeling that people resented it. I thought about it and considered that the people Ive had trouble with may have thought I was being stuck-up but that couldnt be farther from the truth.

Mostly I just give up on interacting with people If I estimate it not to be a favorable endeavor. Its a solution meant to benefit both partys really, I've always felt like.

I think I just feel safer with other introverts. A lot of times its not a bad way to choose interactions from and introverts perspective. I just cant stand that its seems to have a perceived stigma attached.

Sparkling Partygoer

27,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Jacque De Molay
Echo the Alone
There are 16 documented personality types, literally half of them are introverted and the other half extroverted. Last time I tested myself I was INFJ. It stands for Introverted iNtuitive Feeling Judging, or someone with introverted intuition and extroverted feeling. It's a painful combo in my opinion, because I'm always arguing with myself. I won't go into detail about my struggle unless you ask.
Myers Briggs is not really an accurate test, it's not scientific.

Myers Briggs is almost astrology.

There might be shady parts, I know... But it's an interesting "part" of psychology.
ISFP here.
I'm pretty introverted but not shy. I have no problem talking to people and on the rare occasion I do go to a party, I am the life of it. Otherwise I just work, gym, and take care of my doggie.

Shy Dabbler

7,350 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Eh, I'm kind of both. Like most people.

I like hanging out with, at most, two other people. Any more than that and I feel extremely uncomfortable, and I get exhausted quickly. I don't like loudness, such as parties and what not, I prefer more relaxed "hanging out" situations.

I don't like hanging out with new people, either. I prefer my really good friends and boyfriend. I also appreciate friends who can just be in my presence, while doing their own thing. (Watching a movie while I play on my computer, kind of thing.)

But I know how to act in super social situations. Like school or work. I'm not awkward at all. I can be super outgoing too, especially in classes I like.

But if I had to chose I would be alone or with my boyfriend only. So, I guess you could call that introverted.

Lavish Husband

Introvert, not a drop of extroversion.

pancake9's Husband

Intergalactic Ladykiller

12,800 Points
  • Prepared for Liftoff 50
  • Married 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
It depends on the situation sweatdrop

If I know people where I am, I'm completely, 100% extroverted - but I find it increasingly difficult to bring myself to that point where I actually want to get to know people. Most of my friends happened coincidentally; a lot of them came from my part time job, or because they lived on my floor freshmen year.

From there I would branch out and meet their friends, make new friends, etc. etc. Like I said, as long as someone is there that I am close with, I can be 100%, happy go lucky, hi nice to meet you!

But now that I'm not in those situations anymore, all I want to do is curl up in the corner of the room. I'm not really sure why - I've constantly struggled with holding onto best friends all throughout childhood and graduating college didn't help with that (mostly because it was a forced removal like, look at all these awesome people you cherished for 4 years. Okay poof, you graduated and moved back home, now they're gone).

I think it's just a process and once I finally face the idea that I'll never be going back to that magical land of friends being a 5 minute walk away from my dorm room, I'll be able to put myself out there more and try a lot harder.

Interesting Businesswoman

5,550 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Entrepreneur 150

Hi. I'm Stephanie and I'm a introvert that's like borderline anti social. I don't like being around people. I don't like talking. I don't like going out to bars or clubs. I loathe the idea of being social. I have my social needs met online. I guess I should also say I was diagnosed as having social phobia in middle school. I don't think it's that bad anymore, but I'm very anxious in public. This is my brain in all social situations: "What if I say this and they hate it? What if I talk too fast? What if I repeat myself like I always do? What if I'm limping and they see it? What if they touch my left side and I don't feel it?" I even get anxious online and play that type and delete game for a few minutes before I even hit submit. I feel better and recharge when I'm alone.
I don't think it's that important to my personality to identify what I am. I just don't like people. I've always been like this.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff