Welcome to Gaia! ::

I am curious to know if you are an introvert or extrovert and what makes you think so. Do you think it is a core part of ones personality, or do you think that it's all social conditioning? Why? How do you satisfy your introversion or extroversion? Are you strictly one or the other, or do you have some overlap? Do you have a hard time finding people "like you"?

Myself:

I consider myself mostly introverted. Note: introverted and antisocial don't necessarily go hand in hand. I am not anti-social, like anybody I have to fill the need to be social... But unlike an extrovert, I just find that social activity drains my energy quickly. I "recharge" by being alone. I often find that I would rather spend my friday nights relaxing with myself and cuddling with my cat (or my boyfriend) than going out. If I am with a group, I prefer relaxed activities like movies, games, or just chilling and chatting about whats going on in life.

I like going to the bar and to parties, but I can't stay too happy in that situation for as long as some people. I quickly find myself feeling this innate need to leave and be alone somewhere. Drinking does not usually help me in these situations, either. I am prone to having periods of depression and drinking too much puts me back in those states-of-mind that I don't want to be in. I am not against drinking though, I just usually only drink enough to where I am perfectly relaxed.

I think it is a core part of my personality, because I have been this way ever since I can remember and I cannot pick out any particular experiences that could have made me this way. I remember when I was practically a toddler, and I learned how to tie my shoes for the first time. I wouldn't do it in front of my parents. They kept showing me how to do it, but I wouldn't do it. I went away and hid to tie my shoes all by myself. When they saw me come out later with tied shoes, they started congratulating me and praising me and I immediately broke down and started bawling because I hated the attention SO much.

This could just be me being pessimistic, but I do feel like I have a difficult time finding other introverts. Most of my friends are extroverted, and I find them exhausting after a little while, which sounds mean, but it's just how I feel sweatdrop I also feel like most of the people I meet in my daily life are extroverted, but am I wrong???

Well, that's a bit about me. Tell me about yourself!?

Traveler

16,175 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Invisibility 100
There are 16 documented personality types, literally half of them are introverted and the other half extroverted. Last time I tested myself I was INFJ. It stands for Introverted iNtuitive Feeling Judging, or someone with introverted intuition and extroverted feeling. It's a painful combo in my opinion, because I'm always arguing with myself. I won't go into detail about my struggle unless you ask.
Echo the Alone
There are 16 documented personality types, literally half of them are introverted and the other half extroverted. Last time I tested myself I was INFJ. It stands for Introverted iNtuitive Feeling Judging, or someone with introverted intuition and extroverted feeling. It's a painful combo in my opinion, because I'm always arguing with myself. I won't go into detail about my struggle unless you ask.
Myers Briggs is not really an accurate test, it's not scientific.

Myers Briggs is almost astrology.
Echo the Alone

I can kind of understand that struggle- I think? Does that mean that you feel compelled to be social but something inside is telling you no, or making you afraid to? Or am I totally off..
Jacque De Molay
Echo the Alone
Myers Briggs is not really an accurate test, it's not scientific.

Myers Briggs is almost astrology.

surprised

really?
Almost everyone is an ambivert that may lean more one way than the other.

Omnipresent Loiterer

16,275 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
I'm a weirdly chatty introvert.

Like, I'll talk your ear off about movies, TV, video games, politics, whatever, but I almost never talk about myself. I keep that sort of thing on a strictly need-to-know basis and most people don't need to know about what makes me tick.

Anxious Prophet

Introvert aesthetic

Distinct Member

I was an introvert, then became extrovert. Now it's a either, depending on the conditions of the day.
I'm definitely more an introvert. I'm really good with one-on-one interactions. I do like to go out or go to events with a group maybe a couple times a week, but I'm less comfortable and they wear me out especially if I'm meeting a lot of new people and/or am receiving a lot of attention. I'm comfortable with leadership roles and being outspoken only in a work/school context- e.g. I'd be happy to lead a meeting at work, but not at all happy to host a party.

If I'm close to someone I can talk to them almost literally forever without stopping. If I'm not close to someone, I am silently praying for our interaction to be very brief no matter how much I like them.

I think I'm like this because of my natural tendency and because of my environment/experiences so far. I try to maintain a comfortable balance in my life. I have both introverts and extroverts as friends; I don't seek out people who are like me, only people who will accept the way I am rather than pushing me to be more like them. Sometimes I disappear into my own head, so it's good to have extroverts around me to remind me to reconnect with humanity.
A hybrid? I usually keep to myself and pretty much selectively sociable. I'd prefer a book over people any day. Although, the extrovert comes out when I'm in my natural habitat~

Amateur Human

I'm an introversion. I hate leaving my home and interacting with people. I stay in my room most of the time away from my family. I like my alone time and if I don't get it I get hostile very quickly. I hate being the center of attention. I freak out in crowds and will not go places I know that will be crowded. I used to not be this way but when you're looked at like you're a freak that shouldn't be out in public you start not wanting to go out.

Traveler

16,175 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Invisibility 100
MLEtheDancer
Echo the Alone

I can kind of understand that struggle- I think? Does that mean that you feel compelled to be social but something inside is telling you no, or making you afraid to? Or am I totally off..
I know it's nothing to put full belief into, but I can't deny that it got a large portion of who I am correct. As for your question, it goes a bit deeper than my intuition telling me no. It uses the terrible treatment at the hands of my peers in the past as reasoning for keeping away. This happens while the other part of me just wants to move on. In the end I stay away because this internal argument makes me unstable.

Timid Combatant

13,690 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
For an introvert, you're sure outgoing.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers