Welcome to Gaia! ::

There is nothing wrong with that. I think people only want marriages that take place within their own race but that seems to be ignorant. I you want to marry someone from a different race then do it. If you feel comfortable with a person then okay. What are you just going to fall for one guy from one race. You can't help who you fall in love with.

Profitable Prophet

I've had a sort of on/off interest in my Indian friend, so one day I went home and asked my dad if he would approve if I dated this guy (I'm Caucasian).

He said: "I don't care, as long as his hair isn't purple."

My mom later said, "As long as he's kind and loving (etc), race doesn't matter."

Generous Giver

10,600 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Well first off, no I would not participate in your support thread because it would not really be doing anything. Second, I agree that people are being idiots when it comes to dating outside your race. People just don't see the reason behind it. But thats USA for yas.
These days people are caring less and less about it. And people who does are just close minded or racist.

/thread.

3,750 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Trader 100
because the times have changed so much i dont think that many people are really 'against' interracial dating. i think the only people who would say something about it (besides someone who might be racist) is an older person who lived through segregation
also i might participate
There's nothing wrong with it. I happen to be relationship and my boyfriend is white and I'm biracial.

3,750 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Trader 100
glassporcelain
There is nothing wrong with that. I think people only want marriages that take place within their own race but that seems to be ignorant. I you want to marry someone from a different race then do it. If you feel comfortable with a person then okay. What are you just going to fall for one guy from one race. You can't help who you fall in love with.

some people might marry within their race because they worry what their family/friends may think or because its what they are used to

Wheezing Prophet

7,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
My boyfriend's white and I am black. I'd look through your thread, though I'm not sure if I'd participate much. That might just be because I don't get on gaia much. I don't think we need much support,though I am unclear on how "okay" his family is with it. He likes to avoid the subject.

Moonlight Healer

I am currently dating somebody who is Dominican and I am white. I've been dating him for over half a year now. Luckily, my family and friends are very open minded and accepting of this. As long as he treats me with respect and dignity, nobody has a problem with it. And I can tell you we are both very happy together.

Unfortunately, it doesn't always work out that way. People who grew up in different times tend to have differently biased views on things like racism. People who follow certain religions can have beliefs that this type of thing is immoral. Any kind of person can have negative racial views. It is unfortunate, but it is real and it will never go away completely.

What is important is to surround yourself with those that are positive in your life. In the end, it is your relationship. Not your parents', not your friends', not some stranger's, yours. It is your happiness. As long as love and respect is there, I personally do not believe there is anything wrong with it. I would help fight for anybody who is having trouble with this, and I would support them.

Edit: If anyone were to mess with my interracial baby if I were to ever had one, I would pound them. scream I do not put up with racism, sexism, or any of the like. I would try my very best to make my children happy.
Lisa In The Sky
I don't have problem with it.
Love someone for who they are, not what colour they are.

I'm a New Zealand caucasian, and I'm in love with a Bangladeshi indian. We also have a little 6 month old daughter and I love her to pieces!

But my mother keeps telling me that baby Alex is going to get bullied for being part indian when she goes to school sad

(i can be a very blunt person when i feel strongly about something, so don't take this personally) your mom's a racist b***h.

ok, with that out of my system...*ahem* either don't listen to what your mom is saying about that or sit her down hand have a nice long talk to her about your feeling for this woman and her daughter. if she still doesn't get it, ******** it, don't listen to her input on the subject and do what you feel is right and what you want to do. your your own person and can't let your parents, or anyone else, run your life
redreble
glassporcelain

some people might marry within their race because they worry what their family/friends may think or because its what they are used to

I guess that can also be the case... but if you really love someone and they treat you right, does it really matter what your friends/family thinks? I know respect is number 1, but there comes a time where they have to respect you and your decisions. If your friends afterward still doesn't comply then are they really your friends?
I'm Asian and I wish to marry ijustine, the popular youtuber, and I don't think anything wrong with that.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ● ●

gσσ :: my fandom’s color coded

I'm black with mixed history but my grandma encourages me and my brother(who has a gf atm, but whatever) to date outside our race. To me, it's whoever I like, I like. I guess I have a appearance bias to Asians(lmao not just Japanese or Chinese, general continent of Asia Asians) but it really comes down to who you love deep down. If I love someone, I don't give a rat's a** about the color of their skin, where they come from, or anything else - it's all about the love, and we can learn about each other's cultures if they are different.

6,100 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Citizen 200
Sophisticated Simplicity
Nowadays, people are caring less and less about it.

That's what I thought when I read the opening post.
considering I am mixed, It is hard to date outside of my race.

I am dominantly black, and since I come from an array of mixed marriages, it isn't as big of a deal to me. To some kids at my school we look odd, and my mother tries to show me other black men but I do not really care. I love what I have. My grandparents got disowned when they were married, but they were let back in.

Acceptance happens, but it takes some time. I would join the thread out of curiosity just to see who has and who doe not and who has issues in the families etc.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff