Welcome to Gaia! ::

...because true love sees no colors.

User Image

This is a thread for people who have been in, are in, or see no problem with interracial relationships. It is also a thread for people like me who are products of interracial relationships. It may not be as big of problem as it has been in the past, but many interracial relationships face many of the same challenges today as many did in the past. This thread is meant for people to discuss their different experiences involved with being in an interracial relationship or being a product of an interracial relationship. Feel free to share your stories! We'd love to hear them!

User Image

Here are the rules:
-This is not a thread for ignorant people to rant about how we are wrong. If I see any of this you will immediately be blocked and reported.
-Please respect other people's views on things. You are allowed to disagree on things, but please be courteous about it.
-Even if you are not a product of one or not in an interracial relationship you are still welcome to discuss your views here or give us support.
-Lastly, this thread exists, and it exists for those who are seeking advice and those who wish to share their stories pertaining to being biracial or their own interracial relationships OR their experience with interracial couples. "True Love Sees no Color" means exactly that, but some may be surrounded by influences such as families and peers that suggest otherwise. Now that this is clear, please don't make posts questioning this thread's existence. If you are not here to seek support, share advice, or share a story please refrain from posting.
...new rules may be added as I see fit. I just can't think of anymore right now.

Moderators:
Ame Sol
MortuusATA
XxCagedScreamxX

Announcements!
I've added a "hot topic" section to the front page. Check the front page often for a new discussion topic!
NOTICE:
Metheshrew
Hi everyone!

I am deeply apologetic about my absence. Sadly, life is getting in the way of me keeping up with my own thread. From this point, I will be doing my best to make appearences. I like to discuss happy relationships and give advice to those who are having problems to the best of my ability, and I truly miss being here regularly. Hopefully things will start to look up within a few months or weeks and I can continue to contribute to the discussion.

<3 Metheshrew

FAQ

I'm not currently in an interracial relationship, nor have I ever been. May I participate in the discussion?

As long as you support our cause, you are more than welcome to participate in the discussion.

We're not living in the 1950's anymore. Is this really a problem that needs support?

We still live in a world full of racism. Even though we live in a different era where interracial couples are more accepted, there are still people strongly against it. Sometimes people may live in an area where dating outside of one's ethnicity is looked down upon and they are subject to stares and ridicule. Sadly, sometimes this ridicule can come from a person's own family. In short, this is still an issue with many people.

I'm [insert ethnicity here] and my partner is of mixed/biracial [same ethnicity and other ethnicity]. Does that still count as interracial?

Of course it does! Sometimes people don't look at it this way because people tend to be visual. For example, if you are African American and are dating someone of both African and Asian decent, people may look at you and figure that it's not really interracial since you both may have a dark complexion. There are, however, many angles to look at this. For one thing, your partner's parents are interracial. In order for your partner to be of both Asian and African ethnicity, one of their parents must be of Asian heritage and the other must be of African heritage, right? Another way to look at it would be to see and experience a culture's tradition that is not your own. Dating interracially gives us a chance to experience another culture's traditions that you otherwise may have never been able to do. Would this experience be present if you were not interracial? Possibly not. Get it? wink

Awesome stuff my wonderful boyfriend finds:
http://www.cnn.com/2010/LIVING/06/04/pew.interracial.marriage/index.html
http://www.lovingday.org/legal-map
http://www.encyclopedia.com/topic/Interracial_Marriage.aspx

Famous Biracial People

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image

Hot Topics (New!):
(PM me with a hot topic, and you may see it posted here for a new discussion)

Metheshrew
It's not as uncommon to see a black man dating a white woman as it is to see a black woman dating a white guy. At least that's how it is for me. I've had friends and acquiantences that have told me of some experiences in which they were out with their partner and recieved negativity from black men. Now, these black men do not represent the majority since most black men are smarter than this, but apparently it does happen. One aquiantence of mine said he was married to a black model in the 1970's and the majority of the insults they recieved were from black men, and they would say stupid s**t like "she's with her slave master." The most ironice part was that these men were known to have a thing for and date white women.

Why, with these particular individuals, do you believe this double standard exists?

Greedy Cat

Nowadays, people are caring less and less about it.

5,700 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
I know how you feel, im Black, my dad doesn't approve of me dating a white guy

And i LOVE WHITE GUYS! you know?! how is that a problem? But w/e hes gonna have to deal with it, and my half white babies

Big Duck

I really don't know why people have a problem with it.
I'm half black half white too.
Guilty Pride

And i LOVE WHITE GUYS! you know?! how is that a problem? But w/e hes gonna have to deal with it, and my half white babies

lol I'm currently in love with a white guy myself. He's so adorable!
No I wouldn't participate in a biracial relationship support thread.

I think the majority of Americans don't give a flying flip about race.....
Mixed kids are cute, they get the best of both worlds.
Dusty Diamonds
No I wouldn't participate in a biracial relationship support thread.

I think the majority of Americans don't give a flying flip about race.....
Mixed kids are cute, they get the best of both worlds.

Thanks for your input. ^^

The majority of Americans don't, but the few that do still have the power to really tick me off.

5,700 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
Metheshrew
Guilty Pride

Ahh, don't you just love white men? Like really, this may be racist, But i prefer a white guy, over a black guy, i find them more attractive, with healthier minds
And, i will date a black guy, If hes Cute, Smart, doesn't dress like he came out of a hip hop music video, speaks proper english ( i hate slang, or Ebonics ), has goals in life, besides get rich or die trying heart

My Baby has to meet the requirements

O.G. Entrepreneur

yeah! i totally support. i'm in one myself, and my parents love him (he's white)
Guilty Pride
Metheshrew
Guilty Pride

Ahh, don't you just love white men? Like really, this may be racist, But i prefer a white guy, over a black guy, i find them more attractive, with healthier minds
And, i will date a black guy, If hes Cute, Smart, doesn't dress like he came out of a hip hop music video, speaks proper english ( i hate slang, or Ebonics ), has goals in life, besides get rich or die trying heart

Yeah, I know what you mean. I got ticked off one time, because a black guy who was dressed like a hip-hop wannabe tried to hit on me one time saying, "How's it going beautiful? Light brown almost white." That really ticked me off. If you're going to give me a compliment, don't call me "almost" anything. I don't care what ethnicity someone is, I find it unattractive when a guy of any race tries to have some sort of hip hop swagger.
uiijo
yeah! i totally support. i'm in one myself, and my parents love him (he's white)

I'm so glad your parents love him! (Not everyone is so lucky to have parents that accept interracial relationships).

...and your sig...
I used to have a crush on Cobain...even though he's dead. crying
I wouldn't mind dating a man of African decent, as a matter of fact, the Biracial guy [Caucasian and African American mixture] that I've been talking with for awhile and getting to know better is probably one of the sweetest guys I've ever met, I'd venture to say.

The only people that may need some warming up to the idea would be my grandparents. It was hard enough to get them through my being gay, much less gay and in an interracial relationship. Plus, living in the Bible Belt [Northeast Texas/Southwest Arkansas] only makes things more difficult.

But I would totally go out with him, the ol' teddy bear.

@ Metheshrew I hate that swagga' thing, too... I just chuckle and keep going. There's nothing like a gay guy trying to pull that off while complementing my "sweet white azz"... rolleyes

5,700 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
Metheshrew
Guilty Pride
Metheshrew
Guilty Pride

Yeah, I know what you mean. I got ticked off one time, because a black guy who was dressed like a hip-hop wannabe tried to hit on me one time saying, "How's it going beautiful? Light brown almost white." That really ticked me off. If you're going to give me a compliment, don't call me "almost" anything. I don't care what ethnicity someone is, I find it unattractive when a guy of any race tries to have some sort of hip hop swagger.

Oh my Goodness! you are JUST like ME! im So not into that hip-hop thing, don't get me wrong, its nice on T.V, its okay to listen to the music, but people DRESSING LIKE THAT, its over the top, why can't a guy be, simple? and Yeah Hip Hop swagger, so isnt cool in my book, we must be friends ( No homo )
And, i can't stand slang, or people who CURSE IN EVERY single SENTENCE they say!

Dapper Gawker

I have three mulatto cousins, a friend who's Caucasian-Asian (lol), a mulatto friend, etc. None of them ever dealt with being hated on for being biracial. I think hate on interracial relationships doesn't exist where I live.
User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces