Welcome to Gaia! ::

Traumatized_Penguin_Doll
My parents HATE interracial dating, and go as far as to say it's "disgusting". I've been told that if I marry (or get knocked up by a guy) that isn't white, I'll be disowned. I'm very ashamed my parents act that way, and I certainly don't, I just wish they'd get over it. I however, have no problem with interracial couples.

If it makes you feel any better, my mom doesn't think gays should marry. I think it's wrong to think that way...but she's still my mom.

Obsessive Werewolf

Metheshrew
KyOMG
I go to a small, private Christian school. I am biracial (half black half white) and in my ninth grade year I was brought to tears by teachers (the BIBLE teacher) telling me that my parents are in the wrong and sinning. Over the years I have been called a mutt, filthy half n*****, and much more. Last year was particularly bad, because it was an election year, and being biracial with democrat parents in a mostly white, republican school, it was torture. I'm surprised I've made it this far (it's my senior year) and I'm going to have the biggest smirk on my face when I get my diploma and say what I've wanted to say to them my whole life. I wouldn't mind it so much if they kept their opinions to themselves, but most the time they'll say things just because I'm there, to try to get a reaction out of me.

Please tell me you guys reported that teacher. That is just wrong.

My mom and dad gave him a nice talk. He wasn't the one that called me a mutt or anything, just told me my parents were sinners :l

Unfortunately he's still teaching, and he still hates my guts. I try to be nice to him though, to show who's the better person. The rest of the teachers let me get tore down by my classmates, but whenever I try to defend myself, they tell me to be quiet...
jeez I hate my school
xD
KyOMG
Metheshrew
KyOMG
I go to a small, private Christian school. I am biracial (half black half white) and in my ninth grade year I was brought to tears by teachers (the BIBLE teacher) telling me that my parents are in the wrong and sinning. Over the years I have been called a mutt, filthy half n*****, and much more. Last year was particularly bad, because it was an election year, and being biracial with democrat parents in a mostly white, republican school, it was torture. I'm surprised I've made it this far (it's my senior year) and I'm going to have the biggest smirk on my face when I get my diploma and say what I've wanted to say to them my whole life. I wouldn't mind it so much if they kept their opinions to themselves, but most the time they'll say things just because I'm there, to try to get a reaction out of me.

My mom and dad gave him a nice talk. He wasn't the one that called me a mutt or anything, just told me my parents were sinners :l

Unfortunately he's still teaching, and he still hates my guts. I try to be nice to him though, to show who's the better person. The rest of the teachers let me get tore down by my classmates, but whenever I try to defend myself, they tell me to be quiet...
jeez I hate my school
xD

Man...I thought I had it bad in my town. That just sucks. I hope one day your family can move far away from that place. ^^
As the new president is Bi-racial and won by popularity vote, seems as though its not as big of a deal as it once was for "bi-racial" children to be accepted by the public. They are all human, regardless

Obsessive Werewolf

Metheshrew
KyOMG
Metheshrew
KyOMG

jeez I hate my school
xD

Man...I thought I had it bad in my town. That just sucks. I hope one day your family can move far away from that place. ^^

Well, I'm about to go off to college, and my parents are going to retire in a few years and move, we're all very excited.

Man, I've heard some stories about my parents when they were dating back in the day. They had a gun pulled on them, had to run from the police (who were trying to beat them), had "secret meeting places" and everything. It's really cool. xD

Dapper Lunatic

I don't know...
Nobody really gives me s**t for mine except my parents.
I don't have a problem with it.

I think most hybrid babies (or whatever you wanna call 'em) end up prettier than "full" raced people.

At least my opinion.
No one's ever had a problem with my choice of partner, interracial or not.

13,450 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Winter Guardian 250
have you seen Jill Scotts view on black men and white women.

http://s2smagazine.com/node/2686
Metheshrew
Why is it when someone dates outside of their race, there are at least a number of people who will find a problem with it? I hate it when I hear someone say, "You should think about the children...they'll never be accepted fully by either race." That really ticks me off, because I am half black and half white and I never really ever had a problem making friends.

BTW...I'm thinking of starting an interracial relationship support thread. Please tell me if you would participate in it.

I don't think its a big deal at all but unfortunately there are some very racist and un-accepting people out there. My brother is mixed, you can't tell he's white at all, and he currently lives in a place where there aren't many people who aren't white and those people are quite racist. He has had a ton of trouble in school, it's terrible. I hate to see that happen to him and be too far away to do anything about it.
Im sure there are a lot of people out there with stories to share on this subject, i would go for it and make the thread.
Though people are starting to care less and less about it, there's always going to be a**-holes who have a problem about it.

Anywho. My parents are totally fine with interracial dating--I only have one aunt that has a fit over it, but then again I could really care less about her opinion. =P
I don't care about other couples. I just personally don't want a mixed baby.

750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
My mum don't care what race I date so long as they dress halfway decent and don't act completely retarded.

Lonely Phantom

11,500 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Invisibility 100
I haven't really dabbled in the dating scene so I can't say what my parents would think, but as long as the person respects me for who I am and makes me laugh and we have similar hobbies (the guy I have a bit of a crush on isn't that great looking so I can't say anything about looks. XD He is cute in an awkward way though) than I am fine.

Though where I grew up there were about...three black people. I only kinda knew one, the other I didn't talk to at all, and the third was bi-racial but she was a really nice girl who looked really pretty.

6,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
Chemhound
I wouldn't mind dating a man of African decent, as a matter of fact, the Biracial guy [Caucasian and African American mixture] that I've been talking with for awhile and getting to know better is probably one of the sweetest guys I've ever met, I'd venture to say.

The only people that may need some warming up to the idea would be my grandparents. It was hard enough to get them through my being gay, much less gay and in an interracial relationship. Plus, living in the Bible Belt [Northeast Texas/Southwest Arkansas] only makes things more difficult.

But I would totally go out with him, the ol' teddy bear.

@ Metheshrew I hate that swagga' thing, too... I just chuckle and keep going. There's nothing like a gay guy trying to pull that off while complementing my "sweet white azz"... rolleyes

aww cute 4laugh

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces