Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm in a slightly different arrangement of relationship: I have two partners and we form a (closed/just the three of us) triad - the two of us guys are white and our girlfriend is biracial - her mother is white, her father is African American.

This isn't the first time I've been in an interracial relationship and on the off chance our triad doesn't pan out I'm sure it wouldn't be the last time either.

I'll be lurking in mostly and popping in with questions and comments as appropriate. Mostly just wanted to say I've been reading this book Don't Bring a White Boy Home - and other notions that keep black women from dating out by Karyn Langhorne Falon and have found it to be really informative and interesting.

Anyone else read it?

Tipsy Conversationalist

Hispanic male here, currently with a white woman. Have hardly ever dated hispanic women but i am attracted to them. I mostly date white or sometimes black women. Not attracted to asian women.

Anyway, im in a weird situation. Growing up my mother wanted me to be with a white woman because she idolizes them, most likely due to her own ignorant culture and perhaps the effect of white america on pop culture even when she was growing up in south america. Shes also extremely racist towards blacks, but i feel like shes toned it down a bit in her old age. We hardly ever speak anyway, and because shes pretty close to pale, she likes to think shes white, but shes nothing more than what a weeabo is in this scenario.

Regular

9,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Pshh.. my boyfriend is british and I'm black.
Who cares about race
/shrugs
This is a nice thread. Do I count?

I am

Black [mother's side] (African American, mother)
White [father's side] (French from grandfather, German from grandmother)
Belizian [father's side] (from grandmother)
Native American [mother's side] (from mother's grandfather)
Some Asian [father] (ambiguous, grandfather left before I ever asked him)

My girlfriend is

Black (mom and dad)
Basian (Barbados, mom's family)
Chinese (mom's family)
German (Dad's family, he's a german immigrant)

So we're both kinda mixed and dating haha.
Victus Lucifer
This is a nice thread. Do I count?

I am

Black [mother's side] (African American, mother)
White [father's side] (French from grandfather, German from grandmother)
Belizian [father's side] (from grandmother)
Native American [mother's side] (from mother's grandfather)
Some Asian [father] (ambiguous, grandfather left before I ever asked him)

My girlfriend is

Black (mom and dad)
Basian (Barbados, mom's family)
Chinese (mom's family)
German (Dad's family, he's a german immigrant)

So we're both kinda mixed and dating haha.

Haha, yes. You very much count. smile

5,250 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
My mom is African American and Native American (Cherokee)

My biological father was Dominican.

To be honest, I prefer white guys. But I'll date anybody of any race because love sees no color. heart

My mom is totally cool with me dating anyone outside my dominant race; mainly because she married my late stepfather (Puerto Rican) and had kids with him. And she's engaged to a white guy.

5,250 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Shnobes
I'm in a slightly different arrangement of relationship: I have two partners and we form a (closed/just the three of us) triad - the two of us guys are white and our girlfriend is biracial - her mother is white, her father is African American.

This isn't the first time I've been in an interracial relationship and on the off chance our triad doesn't pan out I'm sure it wouldn't be the last time either.

I'll be lurking in mostly and popping in with questions and comments as appropriate. Mostly just wanted to say I've been reading this book Don't Bring a White Boy Home - and other notions that keep black women from dating out by Karyn Langhorne Falon and have found it to be really informative and interesting.

Anyone else read it?

I've read that book too!
XxDeathByChocolatexX
Shnobes
I've read that book too!

What did you think of it?

5,250 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Shnobes
XxDeathByChocolatexX
Shnobes
I've read that book too!

I give it a thumbs up. Actually, my great-grandmother was closed-minded about this particular topic. So I bought her a copy and now she has a better understanding about interracial relationships. I have also read Swirling: How to Date, Mate, and Relate Mixing Race, Culture, and Creed by Christelyn D Karazin.
XxDeathByChocolatexX
Shnobes
XxDeathByChocolatexX
Shnobes
I've read that book too!

I give it a thumbs up. Actually, my great-grandmother was closed-minded about this particular topic. So I bought her a copy and now she has a better understanding about interracial relationships. I have also read Swirling: How to Date, Mate, and Relate Mixing Race, Culture, and Creed by Christelyn D Karazin.

Ooh, I'mma have to see if the library has this one. It sounds interesting! Did it turn out well with your grandmother other than her having a better understanding of interracial relationships?

5,250 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
Shnobes
XxDeathByChocolatexX
Shnobes
XxDeathByChocolatexX
Shnobes
I've read that book too!

Ooh, I'mma have to see if the library has this one. It sounds interesting! Did it turn out well with your grandmother other than her having a better understanding of interracial relationships?

Yeah, she actually speaks to me now and doesn't resent my mom or my grandmother anymore. Turns out, back in the 60s, she had a "relationship" (my great-grandmother put quotes around it) with a white man! So ironic!

Kairo hazuna's Waifu

Tiny Animal

Nazi Seraphim
Hispanic male here, currently with a white woman. Have hardly ever dated hispanic women but i am attracted to them. I mostly date white or sometimes black women. Not attracted to asian women.

Anyway, im in a weird situation. Growing up my mother wanted me to be with a white woman because she idolizes them, most likely due to her own ignorant culture and perhaps the effect of white america on pop culture even when she was growing up in south america. Shes also extremely racist towards blacks, but i feel like shes toned it down a bit in her old age. We hardly ever speak anyway, and because shes pretty close to pale, she likes to think shes white, but shes nothing more than what a weeabo is in this scenario.

It kind of makes me sad that your mother would idolize white people like that.

I know hispanic families who had their cultures completely washed out to fit into the American image and they look at minorities with disgust and wouldn't want their children to date them. Some s**t like that. It irks me and makes me really sad. I'm damn proud to be hispanic.

Wheezing Gawker

9,950 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • First step to fame 200
Not many white guys like dating black girls, in my experience. I just don't understand I always get the " you're cool and all but I don't like black girls"

4,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
My boyfriend and I are both white but we both feel the same.
He likes women of all colors and races, and I like men of all colors and races. Iv'e been attracted to them all. My boyfriend has been attracted to them all. I never did have the opportunity to date much so I never was with a guy other than white, my boyfriend was my second serious relationship. But he has. He's been with a woman of every race.
The way I see it is you love who you love.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff