Welcome to Gaia! ::

i only dated one white guy, the rest were of another ethicity. i prefure it that way
Jacey_is_Amazing
i only dated one white guy, the rest were of another ethicity. i prefure it that way

Me too. smile It's like everyone likes to say, to each their own.
Metheshrew
Jacey_is_Amazing

Me too. smile It's like everyone likes to say, to each their own.

yup there are very phew white guys i find hot.. like billy zane, or leonardo decaprio...
i prefure latinos or asians.
I, admittedly, prefer partners from another race. I have never, unfortunately, been in an interracial relationship or any relationship for that matter. I am mixed, but "look" African American. I have, however, lived in predominantly white city that is, well, not too kind towards blacks. For this reason, I've never really had a chance to be in relationship since the people I'm attracted to are repulsed by my race or the social stigma of dating someone of my ethnicity. A good friend of mine confided in me that they (and others in the neighborhood) see me as intimidating because I'm the stereotypical "big black guy" (in fact why one person I asked did not accept. She believes an interracial relationship would be weird). I hope this changes when I go to college in San Francisco. I think people there are more accepting
Tettsure
I, admittedly, prefer partners from another race. I have never, unfortunately, been in an interracial relationship or any relationship for that matter. I am mixed, but "look" African American. I have, however, lived in predominantly white city that is, well, not too kind towards blacks. For this reason, I've never really had a chance to be in relationship since the people I'm attracted to are repulsed by my race or the social stigma of dating someone of my ethnicity. A good friend of mine confided in me that they (and others in the neighborhood) see me as intimidating because I'm the stereotypical "big black guy" (in fact why one person I asked did not accept. She believes an interracial relationship would be weird). I hope this changes when I go to college in San Francisco. I think people there are more accepting

I can almost guarantee that they will be more accepting. I'm a Californian myself, but I'm not fortunate enough to live in an awesome place like San Francisco. I've been there enough, though, to be able to tell you that racism is not really an issue there. In fact, it would be difficult to be a racist since the place is very diverse. I think it would be difficult for you not to find yourself in an interracial relationship there.
Metheshrew
Tettsure

I can almost guarantee that they will be more accepting. I'm a Californian myself, but I'm not fortunate enough to live in an awesome place like San Francisco. I've been there enough, though, to be able to tell you that racism is not really an issue there. In fact, it would be difficult to be a racist since the place is very diverse. I think it would be difficult for you not to find yourself in an interracial relationship there.
That's very comforting to know. I eagerly await the day I leave for San Fran.
luna the last wolf
AlliteratedAiek
Oh and I have been living with my African-American girlfriend for a little more then a year now. We've had no problem with my family about it. It's been her family that's been against it...But they wanted her to date a African-American man, so I'm not really sure which is the bigger issue, my gender or my race. But you know what's actually been the biggest issue, at least regarding race? My girlfriend's racism against herself. She grew up hating herself for being dark, because she saw the other black kids in her schools and didn't want to be like them. She didn't want to be a hip hop gangsta stereotype. Sadly, those were the only black people around and so she really did grow up thinking that that was all black people were. She hung out with the few white kids in her school and continued that through college.

When she first met me, she hated her natural hair (as most black girls do, sadly), she hated her skin color (which is a very dark brown and is beautiful), and she hated even being thought of as black. She would get embarrassed if other black people talked to her...But since meeting me, she's begun to accept herself. I haven't had the chance to meet a lot of black people in my life because I come from a very small, ignorant town in Texas, but I know a lot because of my mother, who actually teaches a class on colored (as in all colors) women through history. I'm rambling a bit...Long story short, my girlfriend is now embracing her natural hair after learning how much she was harming it before, she's starting to accept that I do find her skin color to be beautiful, no matter how dark she is, and that not even black person is going to be into hip hop and the gangsta lifestyle.

It's been difficult and interesting being in a interracial relationship. I think we've both learned so much, despite knowing very little at first.

That's really sad that your girlfriend would hate herself so much for just being who she was. But I'm very glad that the relationship has helped the both of you learn and grow and helped her accept herself. It also sucks about her family, but it seems to go that way a lot, as upsetting as it is. At least your family is okay with it, it's nice to have one side that is supportive. I hope you two the best though~

thats a beautiful story. and i feel you in some ways. i love my girlfriend's hair no mater what she does to it, but i love, absolutly love, natural black girl's hair. curly and bouncy and fun to play with and soo soft to touch. but she doesn't like it liek that so she does what she want ot it, and if she's happy then im happy. (no cliche inteded, i jsut lover her and want her to be happy)

Wealthy Noob

Why is there a thread like this? It's not the 1800s where Biracial couples get hate and aren't accepted in the social norm. This is the future and Biracial couples are something normal. I don't see why there needs to be a thread about it.

Receiver

Digital Sentiments
Why is there a thread like this? It's not the 1800s where Biracial couples get hate and aren't accepted in the social norm. This is the future and Biracial couples are something normal. I don't see why there needs to be a thread about it.

Bi-racial couples get bashed all the time. It has happened to me and I have seen it happen to other people.

Ruthless Man-Lover

Tettsure

I have the exact same problem. What state do you live in?
I've been in few relationships (only two to be exact, and they were both long distance), and mostly because I'm just not attracted to the guys of my own race that approach me. Mostly because of most young black men here sadly play into the hip-hop gangsta stereotype that I despise. I feel a bit bad about not being as attracted to my own race, but still, there's not much I can do about it. I live in Louisiana, and the racism is ******** horrible. I'm mostly attracted to white and asian guys, so because I'm living here, I'm s**t out of luck.

I want to move away too, but I'm probably not going to have an opportunity.
Digital Sentiments

If it's normal where you are then that's awesome! For others, we still deal with racist and bigoted remarks from ignorant people. Also, it's just nice to know that there are others here that are supportive of you when you're constantly met with resistance. Fortunately, that hasn't been mine and my fiance's story, but we've also come across people who would stare and some that were rude enough to say hurtful things.
Son Kurichi-Kai
Digital Sentiments

If it's normal where you are then that's awesome! For others, we still deal with racist and bigoted remarks from ignorant people. Also, it's just nice to know that there are others here that are supportive of you when you're constantly met with resistance. Fortunately, that hasn't been mine and my fiance's story, but we've also come across people who would stare and some that were rude enough to say hurtful things.

Thanks for summing it up quite beautifully. smile

Wealthy Noob

Pnyuu
Digital Sentiments

Bi-racial couples get bashed all the time. It has happened to me and I have seen it happen to other people.

Where in the world do you live where Biracial couples get thrashed? I've seen all kinds of couples get thrashed, I've seen bitchy ones get thrashed, I've seen homosexual couples get bashed of course, I've seen some get thrashed 'cause people think they're just "not compatible" or "weird" but I've never heard of Biracial couples being thrashed since like 100 years ago. Honestly, if people thrash you on something like race, You shouldn't take offense. Why be offended over racist little pricks who are completely ignorant, and stuck in the past? rolleyes

Wealthy Noob

Son Kurichi-Kai
Digital Sentiments

Well, ignorant remarks from a group of obviously bigoted people is nowhere NEAR what Biracial couples has to go through back then. If I may give some humble advice, just don't pay attention to those people. I'm sure they don't mean it and they just say those things 'cause they think it's funny, going along with the social norm is all it is. Even if they do mean it, why care? At least you two can be happy together, a relationship that's a true relationship can survive through even the worst of things.

Anyways, I guess I still don't understand the whole entire thread/ biracial bashing thing, but regardless I wish everyone in this thread the best of luck.
I'd like to remind everyone about the rules on the front page just in case they would like to question this thread's existence. smile

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff