Welcome to Gaia! ::

Call Me Apple
Metheshrew
Call Me Apple
I approve of this :'D

Yay!

Haha, sorry. Most Support threads in the LD I think are utterly stupid.
But this is actually a good idea :3

Im white, my husband is white, but that was just how it happened.
If he was any other race, I'd still of married him.

There is a mixed couple down the road, the husband is Latino & the wife is white. Some kids in the neighborhood (older than the biracial child) taught the kid to say "Hi I'm Mulatto" I was...horrified D:

That is terrible. How did the parents handle it?
Ame Sol
Metheshrew
Ame Sol
Metheshrew
Ame Sol
I am black, and my boyfriend is mixed with white and Cuban. My parents love him, and they already had a feeling that I would date outside of my race. Haha. We do get some looks of disgust though. Mostly from black people. But, its whatever.

Yeah...it varies with my family. Sometimes we get looks of disgust from whites, and other times we get looks of disgust from blacks. I think my family always had a feeling that I wouldn't feel limited to who I can date as well. ^^

I think I get more crap about his age more than his race. But, you really can't help who you love, in my opinion. It is pretty uncommon for a black girl be dating a white guy (techinally, he is mixed) in my town. Oh god, at the beach, we got all sorts of looks.

I know what you mean. I see more black guys going out with white women then I see white guys going out with black women...but I have seen a good amount of white men with black women. ^^

I bet you did! But I'm sure you guys looked cute together. I always sigh when I see a happy couple at the beach lol.

I know, it is so cute. Has your family approved of dating outside of your race?

Yep! I can pretty much date who I want as long as the guy is a good person that they approve of. They haven't met the guy I'm in love with now...though I wouldn't really consider it dating outside of my race since I'm half white and he is white lol.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

Metheshrew

The parents of the mean kids probably got a HUGE kick out of it.
I'm unsure how the biracial parents feel...Im unsure if they even know yet. Their child loves the nickname because hes in like Kindgergarten and doesnt know the social connotation it has D:
Call Me Apple
Metheshrew

The parents of the mean kids probably got a HUGE kick out of it.
I'm unsure how the biracial parents feel...Im unsure if they even know yet. Their child loves the nickname because hes in like Kindgergarten and doesnt know the social connotation it has D:

I absolutely hate it when parents encourage that kind of behavior. It's just so sad, and it just allows for more negativity to be spread. sad

Sparkly Shapeshifter

Metheshrew

I absolutely hate it when parents encourage that kind of behavior. It's just so sad, and it just allows for more negativity to be spread. sad

I know how you feel. Ignorance breeds ignorance sad
Next time I hear or see those kids say something like that again, I'm definatley taking action against those little bastards :/

And reporting their behaviour to the Super.
Call Me Apple
Metheshrew

I know how you feel. Ignorance breeds ignorance sad
Next time I hear or see those kids say something like that again, I'm definatley taking action against those little bastards :/

And reporting their behaviour to the Super.

Good for you! I would do the same. I can't believe the teachers would let the children get away with that either. Do they know about it?

Sparkly Shapeshifter

Metheshrew

Good for you! I would do the same. I can't believe the teachers would let the children get away with that either. Do they know about it?

Oh this all happens in my neighborhood :O
I spend a lot of time outside and they're not good at hiding the bad things they do.
Metheshrew
Rude_ppl
its a purity thing, white to whites
latino with latino
BLACKS WITH BLACKS....which is most often the only one hat ever comes up.

yea yea i know everyone probably has a little bit of something in them thats not what we expect but to some ppl it doesnt matter. keep to your own color. i have black friends i have mixed friends.... i will not have sex with a black or mixed person. but at the same time i end up a hypocrite because ide totally screw the brains out of an Asian.

guess its that deep down racism of mine that is retained in everyone. yes everyone, dont argue... everyone is a little bit racist

Ummm...no....
I think deep down everyone is a little bit biased, but not racist.
Not being attracted to a black or a mixed woman is not racist. You can't choose who you are and are not attracted to. You can't say everyone is a little bit racist, because then you are calling people like me racist...and that would be inaccurate. Why? People like me (as in people with the same mindset) has never felt that my ethnicity was superior to other people. That is what a racist is. Someone who believes their race is superior and that all other races are scum.

so your totaly compfortable walking thru an all black neighborhood at 2am on a saturday night all alone no phone no protection.... as apposed to an all white neighborhood same situation.
Call Me Apple
Metheshrew

Oh this all happens in my neighborhood :O
I spend a lot of time outside and they're not good at hiding the bad things they do.

That is so sad, and I can relate. I remember having a friend when I was little and not being able to play with her anymore...because her father though that I was Hispanic (judging by my skintone, I guess), but when he found out that I was half black and half white he told her that she couldn't be friends with me anymore. I believe that had mostly to do with the side of town we were on. Not everyone was prejudice, but it was also not uncommon to run into one. I also remember a little boy telling me, "Did you know that black people don't love anyone?" That wasn't so bad, though, because a lot of my little friends came to my defense and said, "That's not true! Her daddy loves her mommy!" lol
Rude_ppl
Metheshrew
Rude_ppl
its a purity thing, white to whites
latino with latino
BLACKS WITH BLACKS....which is most often the only one hat ever comes up.

yea yea i know everyone probably has a little bit of something in them thats not what we expect but to some ppl it doesnt matter. keep to your own color. i have black friends i have mixed friends.... i will not have sex with a black or mixed person. but at the same time i end up a hypocrite because ide totally screw the brains out of an Asian.

guess its that deep down racism of mine that is retained in everyone. yes everyone, dont argue... everyone is a little bit racist

Ummm...no....
Not being attracted to a black or a mixed woman is not racist. You can't choose who you are and are not attracted to. You can't say everyone is a little bit racist, because then you are calling people like me racist...and that would be inaccurate. Why? People like me (as in people with the same mindset) has never felt that my ethnicity was superior to other people. That is what a racist is. Someone who believes their race is superior and that all other races are scum.

so your totaly compfortable walking thru an all black neighborhood at 2am on a saturday night all alone no phone no protection.... as apposed to an all white neighborhood same situation.

I don't see why that would be a problem.
My father comes from New Road Louisiana which is pretty much all black, and we have visited there many times without a problem. My mother comes from Gettysburg PA...and we get a lot of stares from people seeing as how it is a small old fashioned town, but we were just fine.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

Metheshrew

Ummm...no....

I dont feel I'm racist either, but biased MAYBE.
Russians scare me, I dont even have to know them, but once I hear Russian I'm like "Oh s**t."
Call Me Apple
Metheshrew

Ummm...no....

I dont feel I'm racist either, but biased MAYBE.
Russians scare me, I dont even have to know them, but once I hear Russian I'm like "Oh s**t."

I blame television LOL jk...

Bashful Genius

I tend to date everyone, except those of my own race. xp
fuzic
I tend to date everyone, except those of my own race. xp

I have had one somewhat non official relationship with a black guy when I was fourteen (I wasn't allowed to date yet, so it was never official), and the rest since then have been white guys.
I've updated the first page. Why don't you guys take a look?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff