Welcome to Gaia! ::

4,700 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Megathread 100
I'm German, Italian and Puerto Rican and my boyfriend is a mix as well, African, Russian, Italian, Puerto Rican, Dominican, French, Native American, and he is gorgeous! For some odd reason, people assume that I'm from India. They all assume that he is just Black. The only people who look at us with confusion and/or disgust are older generations, especially those who are Indian, and I say this because I live in a town where is mainly Indians, and they give me the "look." I go to other towns and only the older generations look at us like that. I really don't see a problem with interracial couples, I think it looks really cute! 3nodding
Metheshrew
nekko noe momo
Metheshrew
nekko noe momo
Metheshrew
Guilty Pride

Hahahaha i so FEEL YA! and their like, why are u around white people anyway?! did u forget they used to beat us?! and its like oookay... my friends never beaten me... or you..... and the problem ... is?

He's so cute!
Yeah...I got that a lot in high school. I was actually accused of trying to be white...which didn't even make sense since I had white friends, Asian friends, Hispanic friends, AND drumroll please...BLACK friends. lol

Ik! He's super sexy lol But omg totally. my daddy is always on my a**. He's like watchu doen with these white boys, stop talking white, turn that white music down! I'm like chill daddy, you're totally buggin! Did you forget that mommy was mixed with white, huh? lol

lol that's so funny!
Yeah, I get a lot of looks from people of all races when they hear me listening to Nirvana or Jrock...and I'm like first of all I don't have to listen to rap just because I'm blacks, second of all you guys all forgot I'm half white too lol.

Ik how that is. My daddy's like why dont you listen to normal black people music cuz i listen to Orianthi, Paramore, Katy Perry, Kelly Clarkson and Evanescence, but im like watevs daddy. You have you're musical preferences and I have mine. Frankly alot of the rap music today sucks freaken balls, like seriously. Its not how it used to be. Its hardly ever worth buying.

I miss rap like Run DMC and Grand Master Flash. That was good rap.
I usually listen to 90's alternative, but I like a lot of today's artists as well. I've recently fallen in love with Nirvana's music...it's so brilliant. I wish Cobain hadn't killed himself...

Yeah i feel ya
I'll help with it, I'm dating a girl from South America, and I'm white, who cares,
Precious Oddity
I'm German, Italian and Puerto Rican and my boyfriend is a mix as well, African, Russian, Italian, Puerto Rican, Dominican, French, Native American, and he is gorgeous! For some odd reason, people assume that I'm from India. They all assume that he is just Black. The only people who look at us with confusion and/or disgust are older generations, especially those who are Indian, and I say this because I live in a town where is mainly Indians, and they give me the "look." I go to other towns and only the older generations look at us like that. I really don't see a problem with interracial couples, I think it looks really cute! 3nodding

I bet he is gorgeous! In my town it is mostly the older generation that has a problem with it, but sometimes the children of these people learn from them and it makes it difficult...but as I said before...there are cities much worse than mine so I am thankful.
Would anybody object if I just changed title of this thread to "Interracial relationship/biracial support thread" and made a few adjustments to it?
Alright, everyone! This is now the official Interracial Relationship/Biracial support thread!
I am black, and my boyfriend is mixed with white and Cuban. My parents love him, and they already had a feeling that I would date outside of my race. Haha. We do get some looks of disgust though. Mostly from black people. But, its whatever.
Ame Sol
I am black, and my boyfriend is mixed with white and Cuban. My parents love him, and they already had a feeling that I would date outside of my race. Haha. We do get some looks of disgust though. Mostly from black people. But, its whatever.

Yeah...it varies with my family. Sometimes we get looks of disgust from whites, and other times we get looks of disgust from blacks. I think my family always had a feeling that I wouldn't feel limited to who I can date as well. ^^
Metheshrew
Ame Sol

Yeah...it varies with my family. Sometimes we get looks of disgust from whites, and other times we get looks of disgust from blacks. I think my family always had a feeling that I wouldn't feel limited to who I can date as well. ^^

I think I get more crap about his age more than his race. But, you really can't help who you love, in my opinion. It is pretty uncommon for a black girl be dating a white guy (techinally, he is mixed) in my town. Oh god, at the beach, we got all sorts of looks.
Ame Sol
Metheshrew
Ame Sol

I think I get more crap about his age more than his race. But, you really can't help who you love, in my opinion. It is pretty uncommon for a black girl be dating a white guy (techinally, he is mixed) in my town. Oh god, at the beach, we got all sorts of looks.

I know what you mean. I see more black guys going out with white women then I see white guys going out with black women...but I have seen a good amount of white men with black women. ^^

I bet you did! But I'm sure you guys looked cute together. I always sigh when I see a happy couple at the beach lol.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

I approve of this :'D
Call Me Apple

Yay!

Sparkly Shapeshifter

Metheshrew
Call Me Apple

Yay!

Haha, sorry. Most Support threads in the LD I think are utterly stupid.
But this is actually a good idea :3

Im white, my husband is white, but that was just how it happened.
If he was any other race, I'd still of married him.

There is a mixed couple down the road, the husband is Latino & the wife is white. Some kids in the neighborhood (older than the biracial child) taught the kid to say "Hi I'm Mulatto" I was...horrified D:
Metheshrew
Ame Sol
Metheshrew
Ame Sol

I know what you mean. I see more black guys going out with white women then I see white guys going out with black women...but I have seen a good amount of white men with black women. ^^

I bet you did! But I'm sure you guys looked cute together. I always sigh when I see a happy couple at the beach lol.

I know, it is so cute. Has your family approved of dating outside of your race?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff