Welcome to Gaia! ::

theophobic
Metheshrew
theophobic
I'm the result of an interracial marriage (as is my mother and grandfather), so I don't really have a problem with it. It's definitely become less of an issue in the States, especially where I live but I reckon that's not the case in other parts of the world.

It's mostly a problem in towns and cities like where I live. My family gets double taked a lot in my hometown, but if we go to southern California for the weekend people don't even seem to notice. I really hate my town...but I know that some cities are ten times worse then where I live, so I'm also thankful.

I'm sorry that you have to deal with people's ignorance. I live in Northern California, in the Bay Area where the population is very diverse. What ethnicitie(s) are you, if I may ask?

I am black and white (African American and French Canadian to be more specific lol), and I have noticed that Northern California is more diverse...that's why I like going there a lot lol. I want to move to Seattle Washington one day. The atmosphere is just amazing and people there just seem more open.
theophobic
Metheshrew

I am black and white (African American and French Canadian to be more specific lol), and I have noticed that Northern California is more diverse...that's why I like going there a lot lol. I want to move to Seattle Washington one day. The atmosphere is just amazing and people there just seem more open.

Oh, that's cool. What would you want to do over there?

(I'm Mexican from my dad's side and Filipino, black, and Cherokee from my mom's side, by the way.)

Well...since I don't have much money...I would probably look into buying a studio apartment and work on my writing. I'd get a suitable job that would pay rent, and I would save a little on the side for my art supplies (I love painting)...I should probably have a plan B though. It's just my favorite cities...not to mention it's the birth place of one of my favorite genres of music...grunge rock!
theophobic
Metheshrew
theophobic
Metheshrew

Oh, that's cool. What would you want to do over there?

(I'm Mexican from my dad's side and Filipino, black, and Cherokee from my mom's side, by the way.)

Well...since I don't have much money...I would probably look into buying a studio apartment and work on my writing. I'd get a suitable job that would pay rent, and I would save a little on the side for my art supplies (I love painting)...I should probably have a plan B though. It's just my favorite cities...not to mention it's the birth place of one of my favorite genres of music...grunge rock!

Well, I wish you the best of luck once you do make it to Seattle. It does seem like an awesome city! biggrin

What type of writing do you do?

Thanks!
It varies really. Sometimes I'm working on a fantasy project, and sometimes I come up with an idea and I jot it down in the form of a poem. My poems aren't always that good, but whatever lol. At the moment, I'm working with a publisher/editor in getting a kind of ecletic piece (I call it eclectic, because I don't know what genre to put it under lol).

O.G. Ladykiller

7,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
"Hm. I personally haven't witnessed much controversy about dating outside your race among those I know. I do know it exists, though I suppose I'm fortunate to live in an area where it is accepted (at least, to my knowledge). My uncle and aunt are an interracial couple. He's white, from MA. She's black, from Belize.

I do know one friend, she's Chinese, and her parents will not let her marry someone who is not Chinese. They wouldn't tolerate it if she decided to marry an Asian boy, he'd have to be Chinese.
"
Strawberri.Pocky
"Hm. I personally haven't witnessed much controversy about dating outside your race among those I know. I do know it exists, though I suppose I'm fortunate to live in an area where it is accepted (at least, to my knowledge). My uncle and aunt are an interracial couple. He's white, from MA. She's black, from Belize.

I do know one friend, she's Chinese, and her parents will not let her marry someone who is not Chinese. They wouldn't tolerate it if she decided to marry an Asian boy, he'd have to be Chinese.
"

I had a friend whose parents were like that too. She was Indian, and her father wouldn't tolerate it if she married a man who was not Indian. In cases like that, I don't think it's racism...but rather old fashioned. I'm sure if my friend married outside of her race, he wouldn't like it at first but he would soon accept it.

EDIT: ...and he never showed any hatred towards different races.

O.G. Ladykiller

7,650 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
"Oh, I have to completely disagree. Perhaps you could clarify what is considered "old fashioned" and racist? There's degrees of racism. I completely believe if someone excludes a possible in-law from the family based on their race- it's racist. Not saying they're a KKK member, but it's racist- just not so overt. Saying that's old-fashioned is like saying it's acceptable for the elderly to go around saying the "n-word" and not allowing the LGBTQI community to not marry due to "old-fashioned values.""
Strawberri.Pocky
"Oh, I have to completely disagree. Perhaps you could clarify what is considered "old fashioned" and racist? There's degrees of racism. I completely believe if someone excludes a possible in-law from the family based on their race- it's racist. Not saying they're a KKK member, but it's racist- just not so overt. Saying that's old-fashioned is like saying it's acceptable for the elderly to go around saying the "n-word" and not allowing the LGBTQI community to not marry due to "old-fashioned values.""

No, no, no...you don't understand. I seriously DON'T think that he would exclude the possible in-law. I honestly don't. When I say old fashioned I mean he is not used to having a family member of a different race...maybe old fashioned was not the proper term. I don't think her father would like it in the beginning, but I really do believe that he would get used to it after sometime. I believe this, because he was always kind to me and my family who is VERY diverse.
Metheshrew
Guilty Pride
nekko noe momo
Guilty Pride
nekko noe momo
Guilty Pride
I know how you feel, im Black, my dad doesn't approve of me dating a white guy

And i LOVE WHITE GUYS! you know?! how is that a problem? But w/e hes gonna have to deal with it, and my half white babies

Same here. My mom was native american, puerto rican and white, and my dad is black, but he's like hella prejudice sometimes. He doesn't want me to date a white boy, but hey im doen it and i love it. my baby is hella sexy and i plan to marry him. daddy's goen to have to deal. Idk why people freak about interacial relationships. i mean like wtf totally! God created us all. We just have different colors. So itz like totally not a freaken big deal

User Image! My sexy boyfriend

Yes indeed, he is quite yummy, i wish u all the best, and i think its more of the ADULTS, who have a problem with it... since they feel like, its still the 1920's where race didnt mix.

Ty. We're actually engaged. And he is delicious isnt he? hahaha And Ik. It is mostly the adults. Im like omg! wth! my dad is forever reminding me about african history and telling me to remember Kunta Kinte and all that s**t. Im like daddy i appreciate wat they did and im sorry for wat happened back then, but these are new times and im not even from africa, so if you diss my bf again, ******** history razz

Hahahaha i so FEEL YA! and their like, why are u around white people anyway?! did u forget they used to beat us?! and its like oookay... my friends never beaten me... or you..... and the problem ... is?

He's so cute!
Yeah...I got that a lot in high school. I was actually accused of trying to be white...which didn't even make sense since I had white friends, Asian friends, Hispanic friends, AND drumroll please...BLACK friends. lol

Ik! He's super sexy lol But omg totally. my daddy is always on my a**. He's like watchu doen with these white boys, stop talking white, turn that white music down! I'm like chill daddy, you're totally buggin! Did you forget that mommy was mixed with white, huh? lol
nekko noe momo
Metheshrew
Guilty Pride
nekko noe momo
Guilty Pride

Yes indeed, he is quite yummy, i wish u all the best, and i think its more of the ADULTS, who have a problem with it... since they feel like, its still the 1920's where race didnt mix.

Ty. We're actually engaged. And he is delicious isnt he? hahaha And Ik. It is mostly the adults. Im like omg! wth! my dad is forever reminding me about african history and telling me to remember Kunta Kinte and all that s**t. Im like daddy i appreciate wat they did and im sorry for wat happened back then, but these are new times and im not even from africa, so if you diss my bf again, ******** history razz

Hahahaha i so FEEL YA! and their like, why are u around white people anyway?! did u forget they used to beat us?! and its like oookay... my friends never beaten me... or you..... and the problem ... is?

He's so cute!
Yeah...I got that a lot in high school. I was actually accused of trying to be white...which didn't even make sense since I had white friends, Asian friends, Hispanic friends, AND drumroll please...BLACK friends. lol

Ik! He's super sexy lol But omg totally. my daddy is always on my a**. He's like watchu doen with these white boys, stop talking white, turn that white music down! I'm like chill daddy, you're totally buggin! Did you forget that mommy was mixed with white, huh? lol

lol that's so funny!
Yeah, I get a lot of looks from people of all races when they hear me listening to Nirvana or Jrock...and I'm like first of all I don't have to listen to rap just because I'm blacks, second of all you guys all forgot I'm half white too lol.
Guilty Pride
nekko noe momo
Guilty Pride
nekko noe momo
Guilty Pride
I know how you feel, im Black, my dad doesn't approve of me dating a white guy

And i LOVE WHITE GUYS! you know?! how is that a problem? But w/e hes gonna have to deal with it, and my half white babies

Same here. My mom was native american, puerto rican and white, and my dad is black, but he's like hella prejudice sometimes. He doesn't want me to date a white boy, but hey im doen it and i love it. my baby is hella sexy and i plan to marry him. daddy's goen to have to deal. Idk why people freak about interacial relationships. i mean like wtf totally! God created us all. We just have different colors. So itz like totally not a freaken big deal

User Image! My sexy boyfriend

Totally! I'm like daddy no one does that anymore! And, you have white friends and you don't trip, but i a white boy and you start buggin?? For real! Plus, I have a lot of white guys that are my friends and i'll tell you one thing they sure wouldnt try to beat me. They want to use their hands for other things, but beating no. So, adults totally need to get with the program
Metheshrew
nekko noe momo
Metheshrew
Guilty Pride
nekko noe momo
Guilty Pride

He's so cute!

lol that's so funny!
Yeah, I get a lot of looks from people of all races when they hear me listening to Nirvana or Jrock...and I'm like first of all I don't have to listen to rap just because I'm blacks, second of all you guys all forgot I'm half white too lol.

Ik how that is. My daddy's like why dont you listen to normal black people music cuz i listen to Orianthi, Paramore, Katy Perry, Kelly Clarkson and Evanescence, but im like watevs daddy. You have you're musical preferences and I have mine. Frankly alot of the rap music today sucks freaken balls, like seriously. Its not how it used to be. Its hardly ever worth buying.
nekko noe momo
Metheshrew
nekko noe momo
Metheshrew
Guilty Pride

He's so cute!

lol that's so funny!

Ik how that is. My daddy's like why dont you listen to normal black people music cuz i listen to Orianthi, Paramore, Katy Perry, Kelly Clarkson and Evanescence, but im like watevs daddy. You have you're musical preferences and I have mine. Frankly alot of the rap music today sucks freaken balls, like seriously. Its not how it used to be. Its hardly ever worth buying.

I miss rap like Run DMC and Grand Master Flash. That was good rap.
I usually listen to 90's alternative, but I like a lot of today's artists as well. I've recently fallen in love with Nirvana's music...it's so brilliant. I wish Cobain hadn't killed himself...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff