Welcome to Gaia! ::

450 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Um, no, even in America, women aren't completely equal. One of the many examples: on average, women get paid 70 cents for every dollar a man makes. That thirty cents adds up. There are still obstacles we have to face, just like black people still have to face racism.
20 Shades of Crazy
Um, no, even in America, women aren't completely equal. One of the many examples: on average, women get paid 70 cents for every dollar a man makes. That thirty cents adds up. There are still obstacles we have to face, just like black people still have to face racism.

That's not sexism. Do you want communism where everyone gets paid equal regardless of the work?

The statistic you gave is not only outdated, it was never accurate because it didn't even compare women and men from the same occupation.

450 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Contagious Cure
20 Shades of Crazy

That's not sexism. Do you want communism where everyone gets paid equal regardless of the work?

The statistic you gave is not only outdated, it was never accurate because it didn't even compare women and men from the same occupation.

Maybe I didn't get the statistic exact, but I do know that even for the same job as a man, we don't get paid equally. There are other ways that men and women aren't completely equal, like there are many ways that blacks and whites still aren't equal. Denying that it contributing to it.
20 Shades of Crazy
Contagious Cure
20 Shades of Crazy

Maybe I didn't get the statistic exact, but I do know that even for the same job as a man, we don't get paid equally. There are other ways that men and women aren't completely equal, like there are many ways that blacks and whites still aren't equal. Denying that it contributing to it.

Aside from audience variant jobs such as sports, name one occupation where men and women in the western world aren't paid equally when in the same department/employer. Seriously. I've done far more research into this as part of my Society and Justice unit for my Law Degree. It's a myth in the western world.
i've known it my entire life because my family is ukrainian and apparantly it is pretty common in a lot of countries.

450 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
Contagious Cure
20 Shades of Crazy
Contagious Cure
20 Shades of Crazy

Aside from audience variant jobs such as sports, name one occupation where men and women in the western world aren't paid equally when in the same department/employer. Seriously. I've done far more research into this as part of my Society and Justice unit for my Law Degree. It's a myth in the western world.

I don't know the exact jobs, but I do know that a US Census Bureau said, in 2007, that women get paid 77 cents to every dollar a man makes for the same jobs.
20 Shades of Crazy
Contagious Cure
20 Shades of Crazy
Contagious Cure
20 Shades of Crazy

I don't know the exact jobs, but I do know that a US Census Bureau said, in 2007, that women get paid 77 cents to every dollar a man makes for the same jobs.

Again, what jobs? If you don't know what jobs, the statistic is absolutely useless. The same jobs can have salary differences of 30-50k depending on the company. But within the same company, it is impossible for an employer to pay the other significantly lower or higher - because it *is* illegal and the company could be brought down with a barrage of legal suits. No boss is that idiotic.

Also for things like sports - men getting paid more is simply based on the fact that audiences tend to watch the male leagues more - and quite frankly, this is quite justified seeing as how the male leagues are 99.99% of the time more competitive. I.e. it is not discrimination, it's just based on audience levels - i.e. it's consumer based.
Okutai
It's contradicting of what women want.

"Equality! We want to be equal to men!" Sure you can be equal, but then you come and throw a Women's only day? Then give us a men's day too.

Wow, that is so weird, thats the same thing my boyfriend says sweatdrop

As for womens day, i don't mind celebrating who i am, the fact I'm a female. I really love my gender and i don't think Womens Day is so much for 'special treatment' as its just for self esteem and loving who you are, i dont think im better than men or that women are better than men.

It's just something like to say, "I am woman, hear me rawwrrr =^_^="
So if others treat it as a superiority thing, not all do :3
PiercedPixie56
Okutai
It's contradicting of what women want.

"Equality! We want to be equal to men!" Sure you can be equal, but then you come and throw a Women's only day? Then give us a men's day too.

Wow, that is so weird, thats the same thing my boyfriend says sweatdrop

As for womens day, i don't mind celebrating who i am, the fact I'm a female. I really love my gender and i don't think Womens Day is so much for 'special treatment' as its just for self esteem and loving who you are, i dont think im better than men or that women are better than men.

It's just something like to say, "I am woman, hear me rawwrrr =^_^="
So if others treat it as a superiority thing, not all do :3

The whole point is just empowerment and it is an effective method. However, for many arrogant bitches out there who have had their heads up their a** from the moment of their birth, more empowerment is the last thing they need.

Cunning Cat

17,850 Points
  • Prepared for Liftoff 50
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Lapin Patrol Chad: Victory! 50
Then Happy women's day to all you women out there. it's nice to have a hoilday to celebrate the women of the world heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff