Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lionheart

Getting married is measuring the love. Having a baby is measuring love, financial stability, and maturity. Two different things. So that quote is false.

Liberal Dabbler

I think it depends on how recent the quote is.
Maybe when girls were shipped off to get married as soon as they hit puberty or the sole purpose for the female in the household was to have children and just to look after the house. Then, it applies. Other than that, I think not. Not at all.

Dapper Gawker

Okay. I think the quote's going over people's heads (or is worded badly). What it's supposed to mean is that marriage is like having a baby. A baby is a life-long commitment, usually is messy if one runs off, and requires lots of nurture and care.
It makes sense, I guess. Maybe "starting a family" would be a better way of putting it, though.
Serethielle
Getting married is measuring the love. Having a baby is measuring love, financial stability, and maturity. Two different things. So that quote is false.
Ideally, marriage should also have maturity and financial stability to work well, although perhaps financially to a lesser extent.

Bara Doge's Queen

Omnipresent Senshi

Wacko Quacko
Okay. I think the quote's going over people's heads (or is worded badly). What it's supposed to mean is that marriage is like having a baby. A baby is a life-long commitment, usually is messy if one runs off, and requires lots of nurture and care.

I'll go with the latter [It's worded badly].

Dapper Ladykiller

Too many young people think marriage is nothing but long playdate of love, romance, and kisses. rolleyes

Guess what? Marriage COMES with lots of responsibilities, too - whether you spawn little cherubs or not! And it's not intended for lovesick young teens who act silly together; just keeping it intact will eventually crush such immature, naive kids like that. confused

Dapper Gawker

Cuppolove
Too many young people think marriage is nothing but long playdate of love, romance, and kisses. rolleyes

Guess what? Marriage COMES with lots of responsibilities, too - whether you spawn little cherubs or not! And it's not intended for lovesick young teens who act silly together; just keeping it intact will eventually crush such immature, naive kids like that. confused

So would saying "Marriage is like having a baby. If you're not ready the responsibilities, don't get married" sound better?
Wacko Quacko
...get married."

How do you feel about this quote?

It kinda makes sense to me because I think it's better to wait till you've both been dating for a long while, have a career, both emotionally and financially stable and so on. But then there's people who never want kids (but they may be "ready" under those terms.)

makes sence

Wealthy Citizen

7,925 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Friendly 100
I'd more of
"if you're ready to have sex, you're ready to be responsible for all consequences."

7,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
That's stupid. Some people don't even want babies.

Dapper Ladykiller

Wacko Quacko
Cuppolove

So would saying "Marriage is like having a baby. If you're not ready the responsibilities, don't get married" sound better?

Perfect! neutral
I know plenty of people that live in stable families that have parents that aren't married, so I disagree with this quote
i don' t think it's true at all.
I don't think marriage and babies are really connected. They're 2 totally separate entities and have different responsibilities attached to them. I find having a baby a much bigger commitment in many areas than getting married. It would make me nervous if my partner thought getting married was a bigger deal, or equal, to having a child.

Besides, you can end a relationship. You can't really stop being a parent.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff