Welcome to Gaia! ::

...I think it really depends on the situation. if the second person is a moment of lust, then you should really stick with the first.
Or you could flip a coin to decide chances are you'll know what you want the coin to land on while it's in mid-air... If not the coin is always wise.

Witty Humorist

threesome.

Lonely Saint

QinniH
...I think it really depends on the situation. if the second person is a moment of lust, then you should really stick with the first.

I don't really think Depp or the OP were equating "love" to just sex or sexual attraction. Love goes way beyond that.

For the topic itself - the quote is a good one, but it won't apply to everyone. As a guideline I think it was aimed at the monoamorous folk, but even then it won't cover everyone - situational, I'd say. Very dependant on the individual factors.
There are some into polyamory.
Personally, I couldn't. I love that one person far too much to have a second person in mind.

Sexual attraction however, I've read studies that a person can have sexual feelings towards many partners, but still retain the same emotional attraction/connection to that one person.
Chakatai Khan
QinniH

I don't really think Depp or the OP were equating "love" to just sex or sexual attraction. Love goes way beyond that.

For the topic itself - the quote is a good one, but it won't apply to everyone. As a guideline I think it was aimed at the monoamorous folk, but even then it won't cover everyone - situational, I'd say. Very dependant on the individual factors.

but there are times where love and lust are confused or mixed. obviously the person in "love" or "lust" wouldn't see it until the "lovey dovey period" is over, but yes, something like this couldn't possibly apply to everyone or situation.
I believe one can maintain deep emotional feelings for multiple people. As long as everyone knows and is okay with it, I see no problem in polygamist relationships. Then again, I can see how issues of jealousy could arise.

Rambling aside, I still believe one can have healthy relationships with multiple people.

Lonely Saint

QinniH
Chakatai Khan
QinniH

but there are times where love and lust are confused or mixed. obviously the person in "love" or "lust" wouldn't see it until the "lovey dovey period" is over, but yes, something like this couldn't possibly apply to everyone or situation.

I'm very, very sceptic towards the idea that real love, not a crush or simple attraction, could be confused for lust, but then again, I'm pretty asexual to begin with, so I don't really understand the whole concept of "lust" in the first place, having never felt it or had any experiences of it whatsoever.

7,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
You are in the presence of Her Dorkyness!

Uh...works for me.

Bend on your knee before her amazingness!!

Draw me with Dobby and I will love you forever! (and tip to!)

Fluffy Vampire

9,750 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Alchemy Level 2 100
It usually means you should probably make a choice soon before they start going at each other's throats..

4,650 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Quote:
"If you're in with love two people at the same time, choose the second one, because if you really loved the first, you wouldn’t have fallen for the second." -Johnny Depp

I agree but disagree... because it applies only to certain situations.

For instance, if you love someone, but they do not love you back, then often times you move on to a different person, someone who may remind you of the person you loved. On the other hand, if you are in love with someone who loves you back & then you fall in love with someone else, then in my opinion, you were never completely in love in the first place.

~ Smile Always, L.
SmileAlwaysL.wordpress.com
The Charming Sadist
I agree with it.

You cannot love two people at once, because it is not only a powerful emotion, but also a decision and a commitment. If you think you love two people at once, you need to put Twilight down and grow up.

It may be a decision and commitment for you, but not for everyone else.

I love my best friend,
I love my ex,
and I love my boyfriend.
I won't get into family though, because that's different.
Of course, I love my boyfriend the most, but just because I love him doesn't mean that I immediately stop loving my ex and my best friend.

I disagree with this quote strongly.
Polyamory, man.

Dangerous Gekko

Sir Optimistic
The Charming Sadist
I agree with it.

You cannot love two people at once, because it is not only a powerful emotion, but also a decision and a commitment. If you think you love two people at once, you need to put Twilight down and grow up.

I love my best friend,
I love my ex,
and I love my boyfriend.
Of course, I love my boyfriend the most, but just because I love him doesn't mean that I immediately stop loving my ex and my best friend.

Polyamory, man.

Yeah, okay, but I'm talking about for when you get all growed up and decide to get in a real relationship. Polyamory is just slapping a fancy title on whoring around or playing the field.
The Charming Sadist
Sir Optimistic
The Charming Sadist
I agree with it.

I love my best friend,
I love my ex,
and I love my boyfriend.

Polyamory, man.

Yeah, okay, but I'm talking about for when you get all growed up and decide to get in a real relationship. Polyamory is just slapping a fancy title on whoring around or playing the field.

Are you trying to say that my relationship isn't real or that polyamorous relationships aren't real? It's hard to tell.

Maybe for some people that's what it may be, but it's definitely possible to have a truly meaningful polyamorous relationship. Just because you can have a romantic relationship with only one person at a time (which there is nothing wrong with) doesn't mean that other people can't have a romantic relationship with multiple people at a time.

Dangerous Gekko

Sir Optimistic
The Charming Sadist
Sir Optimistic
The Charming Sadist
I agree with it.

I love my best friend,
I love my ex,
and I love my boyfriend.

Polyamory, man.

Are you trying to say that my relationship isn't real or that polyamorous relationships aren't real? It's hard to tell.

Maybe for some people that's what it may be, but it's definitely possible to have a truly meaningful polyamorous relationship. Just because you can have a romantic relationship with only one person at a time (which there is nothing wrong with) doesn't mean that other people can't have a romantic relationship with multiple people at a time.

Well, of course it's possible to have a romantic relationship with more than one person at a time. After all, I suppose that "******** buddies" could fall under the definition of romantic relationships.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff