Major reason:

Wage 0.40909090909091 40.9% [ 9 ]
Benefits 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Convenience 0.18181818181818 18.2% [ 4 ]
Mission and Values 0.090909090909091 9.1% [ 2 ]
Other (please post) 0.31818181818182 31.8% [ 7 ]
Total Votes:[ 22 ]
1 2 3 >

What do you want most out of your job? If you are not employed, how do you filter or limit your job search? If you are not looking for a job, why?

Shameless Man-Lover

My current job (well, for two more days, seasonal job for the summer) I decided to apply for because of pure convenience. It's a job working in an RV Resort (a fancy camp ground, basically), and my family has stayed at this camp ground for years now, so I figured, why not get a job for the summer while I was going to be there anyway? I could work and play in the same place and never worry about getting to work or anything really. And, well, the pay was more then I figured I would get at other jobs at $9 bucks an hour plus a free meal every shift since I was working in the kitchen.

It was also part of the career field I'm going to school for, so experience on top of that and a nice reference was just a plus.
My boyfriend made me quit my job. It paid well, had good job security, and the atmosphere was relaxed.

Lavish Loiterer

Closer to home and decent pay without dealing with stressful things like individual sales goals.
So I could keep working full time. I quit my job for two months to move somewhere else that I. HATED because it was too hot to live. I came back and got back into a summer position there but another position in a department that I had previously worked in became available full time so I switched to that.

Dainty Doll

It's a good career move that gives me lots of big names to drop in my CV/work experience, and the money's good.
They're also flexible with work hours and aren't petty about things like dress code or turning up exactly at 9:00 on the dot; as long as I'm not late to meetings with clients, and all my work's done on time to a high standard, that's all anyone cares about.

Magical Tree

full time, regular hours (8 to 4), benefits.
also it's OVERSEAS. 4laugh
I work in a call center and is a living hell thing.
I have that job because it pays me $9.00 per hour, my schedule is really flexible with my college schedule and overall it is what keeps me moving. Without that job I probably wouldn't be studying.

Is a sacrifice I must make to achieve the bigger dream.

Friendly Shapeshifter

5,000 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
Crosslie
What do you want most out of your job? If you are not employed, how do you filter or limit your job search? If you are not looking for a job, why?

I tend not to filter my job search - sure, I am realistic about what I can/can't do, but otherwise, I've got no excuses - I can and will learn. Although I won't be *as* actively looking for a job in a week or so, I'm starting a (re)training course on Catering and Hospitality. A history degree and a graduate internship has done me ******** all for getting a job, so lets see what going a more vocational path does.

Gaian

Took my current job because my friend worked there and for the nice pay check.

Fashionable Shopper

I filter based on my location and whether or not it requires me to cook, cashier or lift heavy objects which are things I cannot do because cooking I cannot handle (especially not fast), I cannot do math fast enough to be a cashier since I have to think too hard about simple math, and I'm just too tiny to lift heavy objects like required for waiting tables.

I've been looking for a secretarial or clerical position. It's not going well.

Demonic Lunatic

With my current job, a friend got me in and the idea of working with a group of my friends seemed appealing. As it turns out, it's more drama than fun, but it is what it is. I love my job and it pays the bills, but I don't know how long I'll be staying there, with all the crazy things that go on.

Tipsy Prophet

It's my dream job (sort of). I'm working in the field I love, but the shop I'm at is...y'know, it would be perfect if it weren't for the owner and one or two of the artists. It's a relatively drama-free shop, it does real business, and the clients tip (me) well. There's only been a few days that I haven't done a piercing, and that's pretty damn good. The last shop I was at, I'd be lucky if I did one in a day. That place was horrible. Of course, I plan on leaving some day, but it's good for now. And the only reason I plan on leaving is because the extreme modifications (scarification, branding, implants, ear reconstruction, etc) scare the owner and that's the direction I want my career to go in.

Interesting Citizen

I started at Walmart in highschool to save up money and get through college. (I only went for a 2 year degree.) I'm still at Walmart for now, but I'm not actively looking for something related to my degree because my husband and I plan on moving to another state within a year, and Walmart is an easier place to transfer around in since there are so many. I make a livable wage and get fair hours, so I'm content right now.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff