Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Prophet

Honestly, I'd be more interested in keeping most of it to support my life and such. I would definitely donate some of it to people and organizations who I felt deserved it (like my local LGBT center), but I'd probably use most of it for myself and my family. I would pay for my mother's surgery. I'd pay off my father's house. I'd probably give a lot of money to family members so they can afford their stuffs. Buy a large home (or have one built). I'd buy equipment and supplies for the multiple arts I want to do. I'd take on classes / mentorships in subjects of interest. Yes. I would absolutely use the money more for myself and my friends and family. Sorry?

Questionable Prophet

11,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Invisibility 100
I would buy a house for myself and my boyfriend, and one for my parents, and one for my boyfriend's mom. And pay off all of our cars. And I would quit working and finish school. I'm not sure why, but I would xd

And then I would get married, have kids, and work part time, and my boyfriend (I suppose husband, then) would stay home with the kids (because we talked about that, and that's something he'd enjoy, if he could do it).

And I'd keep the rest of the money in the bank. ******** charities. Sorry. Maybe I'd find out how investing works, maybe not. Ten million is a lot. I could live off of ten million.

Generous Poster

Donate money? Haha. ******** unlikely. Okay, maybe a couple hundred thousand to a couple of different charities.

I'd pay off all our loans, buy my best friends cars, buy a house, take care of our family back in Bangladesh.

Work towards a Ph.D, and open up a clinic. One day of the week, I'd see patients for free. Maybe, depending on how realistic/feasible it is. That would be my way of giving back to the world.

Kirai Nenshou's Fangirl

Star

13,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • Divine Donator 100
  • Noble Shade 100
I'd donate it to an animal shelter. And helps some close family pay off debts and put some aside for future children and their college funds. It's find other ways to use it. And maybe invest in something.

Adorable Fisher

I think I would only need a certain amount of money to complete what I want to do in life, then I would donate the rest to pro-LGBT and HIV/AIDS charities like the Trevor Project, Housing Works, and the True Colors Fund. I think I'm like the OP where I wouldn't necessarily need a giant house to be happy. And really, helping my fellow LGBT fight for life would make me the happiest of all, because without my LGBT friends supporting me I wouldn't be here either. I have to give back. I know my future husband would agree, knowing him (the man lives for charities).

I think there are good people out there who would donate a lot of their money. Just look at Bill Gates?

Tipsy Dabbler

Would pay off my car, finish my schooling, change my wardrobe, live in a apartment, and have no idea what I would do with the rest.

Familiar Informer

6,300 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Profitable 100
I'll use half of it to help others but I wouldn't donate because alot of organizations just give them hand outs not much that's useful in a long run.I'll use it to open up schools or vocational programs. I'll only need around 4 million ( 60 k x 60 years X/ If I dont work that is ) I'll have 1 million in my account for extra stuff/travel.

If I get a job I'll put the 4m in savings as well

Wealthy Hoarder

Hell no. I'll put a lot of it in a trust (or some other fund) for retirement. Also make sure I can buy a house or land.

Give some to my parents.

Splurge 5 k for myself.

Maybe a new car...

Other than that no one else will get it.

10% to the church.

Other than that no, I won it. Why should I give it away?

The first person at my door bagging for it (and swing for it) would be my sister in law. So...I would keep it to myself.
Money can't buy the most important things, but it sure can buy some pretty sweet distractions. I'd like to travel, there are a few things out there I'd like to see before I die.

There's nothing in particular that I want that's even that expensive; I think just having the pressure taken off, & not having to worry about money would be great all by itself.
I would purchase GaiaOnline, AND THEN SHUT IT DOWN!!!

Zphal's Wife

Shy Conversationalist

I am married with 3 children. I would definitely use it for my family. And then if I had any left over (10 million actually isn't much) I would give it to other friends and family members that needed it.

Invisible Humorist

Would you really not do much with millions of dollars FOR YOURSELF? Why or why not?

I'd buy my own place, a car, and probably invest the rest...i wouldn't know what to do with all that money.

And travel too.

Do you think people are lying when they say that? Why?
Most people yeah...it's hard to believe them when they've never actually had the money

Squama's Compadre

Leaf

Real talk, I've been having this kind of fantasy of winning the lottery for years. lol Maybe since I was eight years old or something.

But here's the thing with money like that. It's not consistent. There's another kind of lotto here in Canada which allows you to win about 5 thousand dollars per week for the rest of your life, apparently. Which means about 20,000 dollars per month. It doesn't sound like much, but that's 20 grand that you never have to work for except maybe call some people and sign some papers for personal verification that, yes, you are indeed still alive. And you keep getting that insta-pay over and over and over again.

In my daydreams, though, instead of 5 thousand it's 50 thousand a week. emotion_awesome

All the same, though.
    I'd probably move out of the house so fast and furnish whatever apartment that I chose to live in.
    I know that I'd do the things that I've always wanted to but never did: like sky diving or bungee jumping.
    I'd break off pieces for my family, of course, but outside of that? Anything that so happens to pop into my mind. Travel. Shopping. Anything.

Conservative Citizen

I don't think people are lying when they say what their intentions are, but let's face it. That's intentions. The reality is, when you're looking at a bank statement and it says, "Hello, you have so much money you can stare at a wall for the next 50 years of your life and never have to do anything for yourself ever, ever again," those intentions, kind of dissipate. You find yourself saying, "Well, I'll do this for this person. Oh, I'm going to buy that and this that and the other and I'll still have x---amount of money left." But after a few years, that takes a toll.

So, intentions = good. But reality? It's probably not realistic.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff