I actually like it 0.2 20.0% [ 31 ]
Whatever. Just here for the gold. 0.16774193548387 16.8% [ 26 ]
Total Votes:[ 155 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Friendly Gaian

User Image

I've moved at least 5 times in my life.
*thinks for a moment*
Yup, 5 times. The fifth time was not in the same town. We moved after my High School graduation so it really sucked since all my friends I've known my whole life of knowing them was left behind. I don't see them much anymore now. They're about 35 minutes away from me. But I see a few on Facebook and a few at my college every once and a while.
I miss my old town though. I like this house we have, but I just wish it was back at the other town.

Thirteenth Codger

I've lived in the same house for my entire life. >_>;;
I've moved 15 or 16 times in my life.
You get used to it after a while, but it's lonely.
I've gone to ten different schools
And I've made and lost so many friends.
Well I have moved every two years for 14 years. We move city to city but the last time we didn't move very far. I HATE moving I loss too many friends!
ive moved to different states 4 times now. i always look at it as a way to start over and be whoever you want to be.. not to mention leave your bad memories behind. just look at this whole thing as a way to improve yourself and get better, newer experiences.
well ive never moved and i really dont want to but im saying that when the neighbors moved that ive known for my entire life i was devistated. im rlly sry for all u guys that have moved. its hard but i cant technically say that since i havent. it must suck from wat ive read in this forum.
Cutiebirdgal
Okay, here's the story.

I go to college somewhere. my family lived not too far from there. Then, a few months ago, they up and moved to... Champaign-Urbana Illinois. I still go to college where I used to, with my boyfriend and all my other friends, but I'm stuck in Illinois for the winter break.
Still, I am desperately lonely, looking to make friends, looking for some in-town entertainment, anything.

Now, for discussion.
This is about the fifth resting place my family has ended up in over the course of my lifetime, and every move has taken us across state lines. What kind of moves have you made? What affect did they have on you, psychologically? What changes to your lifestyle did you have to make to fit in the new house, school, or social sphere? Did you have trouble making friends? Did you make better friends in your new place?

Go for it.

I'm from Orlando, Florida and moved to Toronto, Ontario Canada. I went out and started talking to my neighbors when we bought this house but before that I was pretty lonely. I moved to a foreign country in a big city when I'm used to a small city. Plus I'm still getting used to colder winters and longer winters with snow and ice. We all do what we need to do. I had to leave most of my stuff with my kids because we didn't have the room to take everything. I'm happy I made the move but I do miss my old home and family.

Eloquent Explorer

10,250 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
ugh I've been to 6 different schools due to money issues
I miss my old friends sometimes but I wonder if all the people I used to know remember me
I feel a bit hopeless losing friends over and over again
trying to rebuild my confidence and try to get rid
of my shyness again
I've had 1 person remember me but all he wanted was my sister D:

moving is so hard cry
We haven't moved in years-
But acutally, my parents were talking about it, and I'm looking forward to it. It'll be a change of scenery, and a change of people. And maybe a change of country! ninja
I've moved from lots of places.

Washington-Texas-Iceland-Germany-Washington-California-South Carolina-Thailand.

my dad was in the Navy and I never got to make friends.
I learned a bunch of languages though,
and it was a great experiance.
but i was kinda shy around ppl i didnt know.

so now im really close with my family.
Cutiebirdgal
Okay, here's the story.

I go to college somewhere. my family lived not too far from there. Then, a few months ago, they up and moved to... Champaign-Urbana Illinois. I still go to college where I used to, with my boyfriend and all my other friends, but I'm stuck in Illinois for the winter break.
Still, I am desperately lonely, looking to make friends, looking for some in-town entertainment, anything.

Now, for discussion.
This is about the fifth resting place my family has ended up in over the course of my lifetime, and every move has taken us across state lines. What kind of moves have you made? What affect did they have on you, psychologically? What changes to your lifestyle did you have to make to fit in the new house, school, or social sphere? Did you have trouble making friends? Did you make better friends in your new place?

Go for it.

i've had to move 7 times across state lines, so i know what you mean there
i also understand what you mean about being stuck for winter break.
i came "home" to hawaii from california- everyone's still in CA! and i'm really not too cheerful about being here... if it weren't for my family i'd actually HATE it. i'm going to school out there, so all the people I miss and love (boyfriend included) are out there and i'm here and can't even get a reunion with the few friends i made in the year i lived here because they're all in school for winter and such.
my family is going to move AGAIN, too... so when we all move, breaks are going to be incredibly lonely and i'll be in EXACTLY your situation.
I like moving though- it's opportunity in several boxes... ^_^;; It does get lonely sometimes though....
I'ved moved 9 times.
i moved in 4th grade, but i ended up meeting some amazing people because of it.
I was born and raised in Ottawa, living in the same house since the age of 3. Then, when I was 18, Nick (my fiance, but was then my boyfriend of a year and a half) moved to Vernon BC with his family. Due to my objections to long distance relationships, my desire for adventure, and the love I have for him, I decided to move to Vernon, too.

The move had some very negative effects on me. Not only was it a cross-country move (which, in itself, is hard enough), but I was also 3000km away from family and friends - and I was living by myself (no roommates), and supporting myself financially for the very first time. Now, as if that wasn't bad enough... I'm a city girl, and Vernon is a small retirement town. Needless to say, I wasn't happy.

After an entire year there, without even a visit back home (missing Christmas, birthdays, etc.), I returned with Nick. I have decided that I won't ever be moving away from Ottawa ever again - this is home.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff