Welcome to Gaia! ::

Wheezing Fatcat

The Willow Of Darkness
Chieftain Twilight
and dancing ensued
Chieftain Twilight
and dancing ensued

by itself, obviously it's just a dinner scene.
but with the rest of the conversation
i was taking a playful crack at the other two posters
i'll explain: the first analogy is used to refer to dating people, even tho i know toki was being literal when they said "eels" (twisting it into a joke, haha! i get it), it could easily work as a continuation of the analogy, a more specific group of people to date, and then Raven posted the picture of what i think is fish or eels being skewered (for cooking). so yeah, "darkness" and my second comment. hyuk hyuk.

sad

it doesn't make sense to me, but I really am more interested in bad puns and anecdotes. sweatdrop

ehhhh well. "there's better/plenty of fish in the sea" (which is used to mean there are more people out there to date). eels are a type of fish, but in the analogy fish represent people, so eels would represent people. then raven posted the picture of the skewered fish/eels. alone, the picture is just a fish dinner, but along with the conversation, since there was symbolism in the conversation and the picture fit the convo, the fish could be symbolical for people. i was trying to tease them that it could be taken as something darker, backing it up with "someone's being skewered in the corner! ahhh!". i don't think they realized or even intentionally meant for it to seem like that, kind of why i saw it as not serious, so i was saying that to bug them.

buuuut i don't think this is at all going well so i'm just going to drop it

............ ok.

I understand it. Would you like me to have a go at explaining?

actually
i'd like to read your view of it as well

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200
and dancing ensued
Chieftain Twilight
and dancing ensued
Chieftain Twilight
and dancing ensued
Chieftain Twilight

do we realy need to delete posts to move on?

yes.
this happens more often than not, kind of why i'm overreacting.
not having the option to come back an reread all of this helps me move towards forgetting.

:sighs heavily.: confused to be honest, I"m uncomfortable with that. probably alot more than I should be, but there it is. I don't liek erasing what I have said.

if you won't even delete my part of the convo, then we probably shouldn't talk again.

eesh, you really are extreme.

not really. you've just proven i can't trust you.

if Willow says it makes sense, then i want to know how.

I was just trying to be respectful of yuor decision to drop it. xp I don't feel comfortable deleting my posts, and you said you don't feel comfortable seeing it still around, let alone talking about it more. there is a conflict here, and I"m trying to minimize it. that;s all.

look, I"m not actively trying to upset you or offend you. and I get you being bothered that I won't delete my posts. I really do. I feel bad about that. and I know that my discomfort in deleting my posts isn't any more rational than your perceived need to erase every trace of something uncomfortable to ever move past it. we clearly both have different types of attachment problems.

but you are going so far as to think that I am being blatantly malicious. saying that yo can't trust me, accusing me of being underhanded, and suggesting that your solution would be to block me. I really have to say -- that's extreme. and you won't get very far in life that way. you have to face the fact of life someday, that actions which have unsavory consequences can't just be undone. you can't take back what you said in real life, and you can't turn back time. you can't make something not have happened.
and dancing ensued
The Willow Of Darkness
Chieftain Twilight
and dancing ensued
Chieftain Twilight
and dancing ensued

by itself, obviously it's just a dinner scene.
but with the rest of the conversation
i was taking a playful crack at the other two posters
i'll explain: the first analogy is used to refer to dating people, even tho i know toki was being literal when they said "eels" (twisting it into a joke, haha! i get it), it could easily work as a continuation of the analogy, a more specific group of people to date, and then Raven posted the picture of what i think is fish or eels being skewered (for cooking). so yeah, "darkness" and my second comment. hyuk hyuk.

sad

it doesn't make sense to me, but I really am more interested in bad puns and anecdotes. sweatdrop

ehhhh well. "there's better/plenty of fish in the sea" (which is used to mean there are more people out there to date). eels are a type of fish, but in the analogy fish represent people, so eels would represent people. then raven posted the picture of the skewered fish/eels. alone, the picture is just a fish dinner, but along with the conversation, since there was symbolism in the conversation and the picture fit the convo, the fish could be symbolical for people. i was trying to tease them that it could be taken as something darker, backing it up with "someone's being skewered in the corner! ahhh!". i don't think they realized or even intentionally meant for it to seem like that, kind of why i saw it as not serious, so i was saying that to bug them.

............ ok.

actually

(note: this was written to Twilight, hence the particular use of names and pronouns)

and dancing ensured’s explanation was confusing because they are actually making two jokes, which involve opposite ways of thinking about the image/situation .

On one level, they were just suggesting the flesh in the bottom left looked like it might have been skewered, which requires a literal interpretation of the image (i.e. at the bottom left, the skewer is poking flesh). To get this, one has to stop taking the situation in the image seriously, and imagine the skewer really is pointing out of someone’s flesh (you did not do this. You just complained the skewer was being held).

But and dancing ensured was also making comment based on the metaphors used in the discussion. To get this, one must do the opposite of take the situation literally.

“Fish in the sea” = “people to date.”

“Eels are the best”= “Eel are the best fish in the sea”= “best people to date.”

The picture was of eels being skewered. So:

“Skewered eels= “skewered dates”

“skewered dates”= cannibalism/torture/kidnapping/death

cannibalism/torture/kidnapping/death= “darkness”

But also:

“darkness”= the despair of not being able to find a date.

“Better fish in the sea”= “Don’t despair, you’ll still be able to find a date. Life could still be sunny)”

Thus, “Better fish in the sea” was made as a comment to counter “darkness (despair of not being able to find a date.)”

Yet:

“eel is tasty” and “eel is skewered”

So the same people who were saying eels were the best fish in the seas ( “Don’t despair, you’ll still be able to find a date. Life could still be sunny) are also saying: ““eel is tasty” and “eel is skewered”

Now:

“skewered dates (eels)”= cannibalism/torture/kidnapping/death

So:

“eel is tasty” and “eel is skewered”= “darkness”

Yet:

“eel is tasty” and “eel is skewered”= “Don’t despair, you’ll still be able to find a date. Life could still be sunny

Thus:

Irony or contradiction. Those saying “eel is tasty” and “eel is skewered” advocating for hope (eels are the best and you can still find one) and despair (skewed eels= cannibalism/torture/kidnapping/death) at the same time.

HA HA HA (supposedly, anyway. Your milage may vary).

Wheezing Fatcat

Chieftain Twilight
and dancing ensued
Chieftain Twilight
and dancing ensued
Chieftain Twilight

:sighs heavily.: confused to be honest, I"m uncomfortable with that. probably alot more than I should be, but there it is. I don't liek erasing what I have said.

if you won't even delete my part of the convo, then we probably shouldn't talk again.

I was just trying to be respectful of yuor decision to drop it. xp I don't feel comfortable deleting my posts, and you said you don't feel comfortable seeing it still around, let alone talking about it more. there is a conflict here, and I"m trying to minimize it. that;s all.

look, I"m not actively trying to upset you or offend you. and I get you being bothered that I won't delete my posts. I really do. I feel bad about that. and I know that my discomfort in deleting my posts isn't any more rational than your perceived need to erase every trace of something uncomfortable to ever move past it. we clearly both have different types of attachment problems.

but you are going so far as to think that I am being blatantly malicious. saying that yo can't trust me, accusing me of being underhanded, and suggesting that your solution would be to block me. I really have to say -- that's extreme. and you won't get very far in life that way. you have to face the fact of life someday, that actions which have unsavory consequences can't just be undone. you can't take back what you said in real life, and you can't turn back time. you can't make something not have happened.

i wasn't going to block you. i don't like blocking people. i'd still like to know what you think, even if i don't talk to you.

this is a public forum. i like to delete things i say that could be upsetting for me or other people, but if i'm talking to you while that happens, then what am i supposed to do? unless you delete the posts, there is not much. which is why i thought we shouldn't talk. i don't think you're being malicious, i just don't think you're going to help me out.

in real life when i say something shitty, i just apologize.

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
and dancing ensued
Chieftain Twilight
and dancing ensued
Chieftain Twilight
and dancing ensued
Chieftain Twilight

i wasn't going to block you. i don't like blocking people. i'd still like to know what you think, even if i don't talk to you.

this is a public forum. i like to delete things i say that could be upsetting for me or other people, but if i'm talking to you while that happens, then what am i supposed to do? unless you delete the posts, there is not much. which is why i thought we shouldn't talk. i don't think you're being malicious, i just don't think you're going to help me out.

I feel like we're having an awful lot of miscommunication, and I don't really know how to handle it. iii-_- I'm very confused and dizzy by all of this.

Wheezing Fatcat

The Willow Of Darkness
and dancing ensued
The Willow Of Darkness
Chieftain Twilight
and dancing ensued

............ ok.

actually

(note: this was written to Twilight, hence the particular use of names and pronouns)

and dancing ensured’s explanation was confusing because they are actually making two jokes, which involve opposite ways of thinking about the image/situation .

On one level, they were just suggesting the flesh in the bottom left looked like it might have been skewered, which requires a literal interpretation of the image (i.e. at the bottom left, the skewer is poking flesh). To get this, one has to stop taking the situation in the image seriously, and imagine the skewer really is pointing out of someone’s flesh (you did not do this. You just complained the skewer was being held).

But and dancing ensured was also making comment based on the metaphors used in the discussion. To get this, one must do the opposite of take the situation literally.

“Fish in the sea” = “people to date.”

“Eels are the best”= “Eel are the best fish in the sea”= “best people to date.”

The picture was of eels being skewered. So:

“Skewered eels= “skewered dates”

“skewered dates”= cannibalism/torture/kidnapping/death

But also:

“darkness”= the despair of not being able to find a date.

“Better fish in the sea”= “Don’t despair, you’ll still be able to find a date. Life could still be sunny)”

Thus, “Better fish in the sea” was made as a comment to counter “darkness (despair of not being able to find a date.)”

Yet:

“eel is tasty” and “eel is skewered”

So the same people who were saying eels were the best fish in the seas ( “Don’t despair, you’ll still be able to find a date. Life could still be sunny) are also saying: ““eel is tasty” and “eel is skewered”

Now:

“skewered dates (eels)”= cannibalism/torture/kidnapping/death

So:

“eel is tasty” and “eel is skewered”= “darkness”

Yet:

“eel is tasty” and “eel is skewered”= “Don’t despair, you’ll still be able to find a date. Life could still be sunny

Thus:

Irony or contradiction. Those saying “eel is tasty” and “eel is skewered” advocating for hope (eels are the best and you can still find one) and despair (skewed eels= cannibalism/torture/kidnapping/death) at the same time.

HA HA HA (supposedly, anyway. Your milage may vary).

thank you, that helps.

Wheezing Fatcat

Chieftain Twilight
and dancing ensued
Chieftain Twilight
and dancing ensued
Chieftain Twilight

I feel like we're having an awful lot of miscommunication, and I don't really know how to handle it. iii-_- I'm very confused and dizzy by all of this.

yeah, this is all very tiring. sad
i think i'm going to go do something calming.
see ya in LD
which is my way of saying sorry.

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
and dancing ensued
Chieftain Twilight
and dancing ensued
Chieftain Twilight
and dancing ensued
Chieftain Twilight

yeah, this is all very tiring. sad
i think i'm going to go do something calming.
see ya in LD
which is my way of saying sorry.

alright, Peace until then. I dealt with it by watching Star Wars themed videos on Youtube.
Tbh it sounds like you're still in elementary school
MRSBADBITCH2
Ain nobody qot time to read all that

Bloodthirsty Sex Symbol

25,025 Points
  • Monster Hunter 100
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Brandisher 100
My advice? Don't let religion define love. God didn't create people to drive them apart through petty granfalloons.

Omnipresent Gekko

Wako Smitty no Yuuku
My advice? Don't let religion define love. God didn't create people to drive them apart through petty granfalloons.

Don't worry about the religion part, I said in an earlierr post too, I'm perfectly ok with it ^_^ There are just some people that I don't want to lose as friends. But it's all cool now, the problem was solved
Tbh you're a bad b***h n ilysm
MRSBADBITCH2
YukiHinaChan
Tbh it sounds like you're still in elementary school
MRSBADBITCH2
Ain nobody qot time to read all that
Tbh you're a nobody, so i don't care about anything you have to say . Lmfao.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff