Welcome to Gaia! ::

A friend of mine was showing interest in me, so when his best friend asked me how I felt about him, I told him i was interested as well.
And of course, the best friend told him that I liked him (which I didnt think was a big deal at the time, even though I didnt feel like I REALLY liked him that way)?

i guess I just liked the feeling of being desired and liked more than my friend, so I didnt really think it through and agreed to go on a date with him and everything in a couple weeks (he bought tickets to an event)

But now, I'm regretting it because the guy that I've actually liked for a while asked me out.
And I couldnt give him a response because I have this date with this other guy.

I'm set on rejecting the friend, but I dont know how to say it....
He keeps making flirty comments and I dont respond, but in his mind, our feelings are mutual...

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200
cat Iady
A friend of mine was showing interest in me, so when his best friend asked me how I felt about him, I told him i was interested as well.
And of course, the best friend told him that I liked him (which I didnt think was a big deal at the time, even though I didnt feel like I REALLY liked him that way)?

i guess I just liked the feeling of being desired and liked more than my friend, so I didnt really think it through and agreed to go on a date with him and everything in a couple weeks (he bought tickets to an event)

But now, I'm regretting it because the guy that I've actually liked for a while asked me out.
And I couldnt give him a response because I have this date with this other guy.

I'm set on rejecting the friend, but I dont know how to say it....
He keeps making flirty comments and I dont respond, but in his mind, our feelings are mutual...

you shouldn't regret it. you were honest about how you feel, and were enjoying the experiences life sent your way. and it isn't as though you are obligated to give of yourself to anyone. just make the choice you feel like making. be true to yourself. do what you want to do.
As long as nothing is official, you can date whoever you wish. The point of dating is spending time with people before choosing the person you are going to have a relationship with. Take the time to get to know both of them, and then decide on who you want to be with.
I agree with the person above about dating both. When it's just starting out it's okay to date multiple people and keep your options open. If you 'lose a friend' over that, maybe he wasn't much of a friend anyways.

Invisible Gekko

9,450 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Open relationship time.

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200
Mechromancer4Life
Open relationship time.

well, only as long as everyone involved is ok with it. it seems really inconsiderate to just assume that's teh answer. and I'm actually Poly and in an open relationship right now.

Kawaii Sentai

User Image
User ImageUser Image

Break up with dude 1, go out with dude 2

User ImageUser Image
If you are just going on a date with this guy it doesn't mean he is your boyfriend. It seems like people don't date anymore they just automatically say we are boyfriend and girlfriend.

Go out with both of them.

Divorced Datemate

4,625 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Partygoer 500
Going out on a date with one guy didn't mean you can't date other guys. It's not like you committed your self to only him.
Have you cake and eat it too. There is nothing wrong with seeing both.
Pink Plaid
Going out on a date with one guy didn't mean you can't date other guys. It's not like you committed your self to only him.
Your "friend" is going to feel pretty resentful at this point, if you pursue the other fellow.

Which you should, if you really want him & don't really want the "friend". Who the ******** waits forever to ask through a mutual friend if there's interest or not, though? Then plans on a "date" that's freaking weeks away? A passive coward, that's who.

Go for what you want OP, don't be wishy-washy. And let this be a lesson to the "friend" to do the same thing, 'eh? Taking too long & being a passive wimp won't win him - or anyone - any prizes.

Dainty Doll

I'd say it's okay to go on both dates- after all, what is a first date for if not testing the water and seeing how you are on a 1-1? It's not like it's a serious commitment.
You never know, you might end up really enjoying your date with the first guy, and find out the guy you've liked for a while isn't all that fun after all. Or they both could be a dud, and leave you feeling like you're not that interested in either by the end of the date, and that's okay too.

Just don't lead either guy on more than is necessary if you don't reciprocate his feelings.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff