Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

should i tell dad how i feel? (answer after reading first post)

yes 0.47368421052632 47.4% [ 9 ]
no 0.052631578947368 5.3% [ 1 ]
unsure 0.47368421052632 47.4% [ 9 ]
Total Votes:[ 19 ]

1,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
THE BELOW IS MY JOURNAL ENTRY. I'VE DECIDED TO SHARE IT SO THAT I CAN GET FEEDBACK AND ADVICE. IF YOU HAVE ANY SIGNIFICANT ADVICE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PM ME. THANX

hey...

in a way this is a farewell letter. i won't be on gaia for a while. it's not because i don't want to be. but because i'm grounded and therefore am not allowed to be on the internet except for schoolwork. i screwed up. i've been trying to do better with my homework but i screwed up, and now i'm paying the price. i wish dad would try to understand what i'm going through rather than seeing everything through his o-so-perfect eyes. but i can't do anything about the way he sees me. i probably never will be able to do anything about that. no matter how hard i try if i slip up a little dad makes it ten times worse and sends the whole thing crashing down on me. i wish i could tell dad how i feel. but thank god laura doesn't read my journal or she'd probably give it to him. he never let's me tell him how i feel, always interupting with his "i'm the parent so i know everything and i'm always right" attitude. in a way he is in a bigger hole than me because he is so narrow minded. i cried a lot, it's that time of month so of course i'm especially emotional. God is a sadist. speaking of god let me list some of dad's terms, u be the judge of the rational and the irational:
1. no more recreational reading (one of the only things that keeps me sane)
2. no more internet (technically writing my goodbye letter is infringement on this)
3. no tv (he didn't really specify for how long but the other two apply in his ruling)
4. i must go to church this sunday and the vesper service that night (because nothing says i love god like being forced to attend mass)
5. if i don't finish my homework by tomorrow at 2pm then no friends fri. night (understandable given the situation)

aside from number 4 (which i think he just decided to throw in there because he's the lawmaker and since i'm in trouble i have to do whatever he says, because like i said earlier nothing says i love god like being forced to go to mass) i think it's pretty reasonable
i just wish he'd try to understand what i'm going through more. he can't pull bull like "i've tried, but i just can't understand you" because if i say that i'm TRYING he'll say that THAT'S bull and that i'm not trying HARD enough. my mental breakdowns and panic attacks beg to differ but there's the gist of it.

ironically i'm still allowed to go with dad and laura on spring break to florida and the bahamas. he threatened to cancel the trip altogether and while i wouldn't like that i told him when he started planning that all i wanted was to spend time with him. i didn't care if we were on the beach or on the couch. i just wanted to hang with my dad. i should probably take care of the assignments that got me into this giant steaming mound of s**t now before i take on the task of cleaning my room. i'd like it to stop smelling by the time spring break is over.

will life go on?

ema

1,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
the point of this was so that i could get feed back
i need people to post too
not just vote
Well, considering that he IS your parent, you should respect what he says. I'm not saying take it up the butt, but sorta go with the flow, he might let you off early if you do good. There is nothing wrong with telling him how you feel, how else is he suppsed to know how you feel about the matter? Use logic to at least give your views some validity, but above all, get those scores up, that way he wont have any reason to ground you.

1,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
InsaneExoduster
Well, considering that he IS your parent, you should respect what he says. I'm not saying take it up the butt, but sorta go with the flow, he might let you off early if you do good. There is nothing wrong with telling him how you feel, how else is he suppsed to know how you feel about the matter? Use logic to at least give your views some validity, but above all, get those scores up, that way he wont have any reason to ground you.

thanx
i don't know if i mentioned though that dad doesn't really listen to what i have to say a lot of the time. we'll see how it goes
I didn't read it but take it to Life Issues.
OK FIRST OF ALL, GO TO YOUR DAD AND TELL HIM HES PUSHING WAY HARD. NOW FROM WHAT I SEE IF YOU TELL HIM THAT HE JUST MIGHT SAY "IM NOT PUSHING YOU HARD ENOUGH". YOU MIGHT AGREE WITH ME ON THAT ONE.
EXPLAIN TO HIM, LIKE YOU EXPLAINED IT ON GAIA.
EXPLAIN HES PUTTIN TO MUCH PRESSURE ON YOU.
ITS THAT TIME OF MONTH......
AND YOUR REALLY TRYING THAT HARD IN SKOOL (TRY TO FIGHT HIM ON THIS ONE).
AND YOUR BREAKDOWNS AND SUCH.
AND LAST THING TELL HIM THAT HE DOESNT UNDERSTAND YOU. NO PARENT UNDERSTANDS THERE KID UNLESS THEY ACTUALLY TALK ABOUT WHATS WRONG.

HOPE THIS TURNS OUT OK 4 YOU..........
Monkey_Kings_Daughter

thanx
i don't know if i mentioned though that dad doesn't really listen to what i have to say a lot of the time. we'll see how it goes

As long as you don't sound too whiny, or start throwing a fit, and you approach the subject in a completely rational manner, he should have no reason to deny you the right to be heard.

Goodluck though... sweatdrop

Anxious Shapeshifter

Take this to the Life Issues forum, you'll get way more responses there.

1,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
InsaneExoduster
Monkey_Kings_Daughter

thanx

As long as you don't sound too whiny, or start throwing a fit, and you approach the subject in a completely rational manner, he should have no reason to deny you the right to be heard.

Goodluck though... sweatdrop

my lil sis is definently more the whiny one
i've always tried to keep a cool head on my shoulders when it comes to talking with my dad. it was mom that i had the screaming matches with. we never got along rolleyes

1,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
i didn't see this life issues forum
i'll go check it out
but i've already started a thread here so i'll just maintain this one

Mystical Prophet

6,100 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Millionaire 200
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
Your dad shouldn't force you to go to church. You should be going cause you love church, not cause Dad says so. Sounds like your dad is a tight-a** dictator type. sad
Kaylesha_Blackheart
Your dad shouldn't force you to go to church. You should be going cause you love church, not cause Dad says so. Sounds like your dad is a tight-a** dictator type. sad

YEAH AND JUST TELL HIM HOW DO U FEEL COUSE FOR THAT ARE THE PARENTS NO? xp

1,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
i guess that's the most that i'm getting out of this post thread
if u have any other comments i urge you to pm me
i have enough issues that i need all the help i can get
thanks for your time

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items