Welcome to Gaia! ::

I've only been single for a few months but I absolutely love living alone and doing my own thing~~
we broke up because i felt i needed to find myself*
i'm a lot more confident and productive without him

all my girlfriends have boyfriends or men that they're casually seeing
and i don't miss that at all~
the drama, the sacrifices
I feel like when I'm in a relationship, i am not really my true independent self

so I plan on being single for a while
it's not even that I can't get anyone**

anyone else love being single?
do you feel its better for (young) women to experience being single before dating? (I think so)

Kawaii Sentai

User Image
User ImageUser Image

I think for one to 'experience' being single one must be independent to begin with. Because when you live with others (As a younger person with parents and such) its not truly the single life. At least, it feels nowhere near it. I also think that it should go either way, some people cannot handle being alone and would hate the single life, while for others the opposite is true.

User ImageUser Image

Bara Doge's Queen

Omnipresent Senshi

I've been single for like, 1 and a half weeks.
I'm happy.
Yeah sure I cried a little, maybe two days after the breakup and found it strange to adjust to my life without him.

I'm still here, bitches. emotion_dealwithit

Hot Duck

Relationships aren't worth the constant disappointment

Rainbow Fatcat

I don't really remember being single. sweatdrop
But that is good to hear that you're much happier. I think it's better being single and happy then staying in a broken relationship. Having a partner does not necessarily mean you're any better off.

Do you feel its better for (young) women to experience being single before dating?
Not really sure what this means? But I think overall people should have some good self-confidence before dating.
Relationships are the most overrated s**t ever, real talk.

They have their perks (cuddling and sex are the only two IMO), but too many people use them to validate their lives and I feel like the people that do really don't have good, close, and reliable friends.

I have no idea why people dislike being single, specially at a young age. Too many people are desperate for relationships. If you can't make yourself happy, you'll never make your SO happy.

Dapper Phantom

Sounds like you had a shitty relationship.
I am in a great relationship and part of being so close to another person really helps me understand myself better. I think I value my independence even more since I'm sharing so much of my life with another person.

Alien Duck

I don't feel like I have a ton of drama or sacrifices because I'm actually in a good relationship. Whenever I see these threads about how great being single is, they're always describing the most unhealthy relationship scenario. rolleyes
The Gay Science
I don't feel like I have a ton of drama or sacrifices because I'm actually in a good relationship. Whenever I see these threads about how great being single is, they're always describing the most unhealthy relationship scenario. rolleyes

Being single is great because there is NO drama or sacrifices at all. There is a difference in "not much" drama and sacrifices and absolutely none at all.

My past relationship wasn't a bad one (I broke up with her because of the distance, even though she was the one who had the problem with the distance, not me.), but the drama was still there and it was annoying whenever it arouse (because drama is ALWAYS annoying, regardless of how frequent it is). I can understand dealing with such things when you're in it for the long run to end up married with kids and etc. However, MANY people enter relationships without that even in their heads so why even bother if you aren't going to be committed to that point? Relationships are work. A lot of work. They always have been. Anyone who disputes that has never spoken to a successful married couple in their life (doesn't help that they are hard to find to begin with in this day and age). As time progresses, the honeymoon stage loses it's spell and it's not sunshine and rainbows but rather commitment, hard work, and cooperation.

I feel everyone who enter into relationships should know this prior to entering them. Sadly, that isn't the case. People enter relationships, milk the honey moon spell for as much as they can, and the moment s**t gets real, they get skeptical and bounce. The reason being that they were never in it for the long haul anyway. They then proceed to rinse and repeat. Those people are a waste of time IMHO.

Dangerous Lunatic

14,925 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
I'm currently taken and incredibly happy with him.
When I was single, things were boring and everyday was the same old thing.
When we became a couple, my life has brighten. smile

Alien Duck

Shinobi Brown
The Gay Science

Being single is great because there is NO drama or sacrifices at all. There is a difference in "not much" drama and sacrifices and absolutely none at all.

My past relationship wasn't a bad one (I broke up with her because of the distance, even though she was the one who had the problem with the distance, not me.), but the drama was still there and it was annoying whenever it arouse (because drama is ALWAYS annoying, regardless of how frequent it is). I can understand dealing with such things when you're in it for the long run to end up married with kids and etc. However, MANY people enter relationships without that even in their heads so why even bother if you aren't going to be committed to that point? Relationships are work. A lot of work. They always have been. Anyone who disputes that has never spoken to a successful married couple in their life (doesn't help that they are hard to find to begin with in this day and age). As time progresses, the honeymoon stage loses it's spell and it's not sunshine and rainbows but rather commitment, hard work, and cooperation.

I feel everyone who enter into relationships should know this prior to entering them. Sadly, that isn't the case. People enter relationships, milk the honey moon spell for as much as they can, and the moment s**t gets real, they get skeptical and bounce. The reason being that they were never in it for the long haul anyway. They then proceed to rinse and repeat. Those people are a waste of time IMHO.

I don't really see a point in calling it a relationship if you don't plan to be in it for the long term. Not necessarily kids/marriage, because some people don't want either of those ever, but I think it's pointless to be in a relationship if you don't want it to be long term. Maybe have realistic expectation at the start that it might not actually happen, but still at least have the vague goal there. If I didn't see a long term, I wouldn't call it more than friends with benefits.

I don't really see a good relationship as "hard work", personally. There are compromises, you might bicker once in a while. Overall, it's not comparable to me with the benefits of having a deep bond with another person. I don't see the benefits of being single coming close to touching that. Even just having friends there will be minor levels of sacrifice and drama. You'd have to become a hermit to avoid it completely.

Tasty Treat

13,225 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Falling For You 25
I like being single because I don't belong to anyone. I don't have to stick to just one person. And when I feel like I'm not getting enough affection, I can flirt with somebody else. I don't have to deal with someone getting jealous. At least.. not as often.

I would like to be in a relationship.. but I haven't found anyone good enough for me. But I'm just fine being single. I just miss that love you get.

Lonely Saint

I hate it when people use * and never give the explanation. gonk
I also hate being single, but then again, relationships suck major a** most of the time, so I should be happy - which doesn't exactly make me happy, though, but at least I can take refuge in the thought that I don't need to deal with anyone else's bullshit but my own.
The Gay Science
I don't really see a point in calling it a relationship if you don't plan to be in it for the long term. Not necessarily kids/marriage, because some people don't want either of those ever, but I think it's pointless to be in a relationship if you don't want it to be long term. Maybe have realistic expectation at the start that it might not actually happen, but still at least have the vague goal there. If I didn't see a long term, I wouldn't call it more than friends with benefits.

I don't really see a good relationship as "hard work", personally. There are compromises, you might bicker once in a while. Overall, it's not comparable to me with the benefits of having a deep bond with another person. I don't see the benefits of being single coming close to touching that. Even just having friends there will be minor levels of sacrifice and drama. You'd have to become a hermit to avoid it completely.

That's because there is no point in calling it a relationship if you aren't in it for the long haul. I agree with that sentiment. My ex didn't seem to understand that concept though. So when she told me that distance was an issue which she can't handle (even though it wasn't going to be permanent) I ended it myself so I didn't have to hear her complain. Had she really cared about being in it for the long haul she wouldn't have made it such a big deal in the first place, knowing it wasn't going to be permanent (shame on me though for getting together with a girl who clearly wasn't as mentally mature as I am though, I admit).

As for the benefits of the deep bond with another person, I already have that with my best friends. The only things that are missing in my life since I broke up with my ex are the intimate cuddling and the ******** (which are good and fun but something I can do without pretty well). I have deep bonds with people because I don't undervalue friendship and neither do the people I have those deep bonds with. Unfortunately, a lot of people don't have friends who will or have stuck with them through thick and thin because a lot of people do NOT value friendship as much as they should. Hence, why so many people can be flaky and unreliable. They are too busy looking for solace in a relationship even though it can be gotten elsewhere if they valued their friends more than they do.

Friendly Genius

Beerios
Relationships aren't worth the constant disappointment

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out