Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dear Gaia,
I have a boyfriend.
For the first time.
I'm a junior. He's a senior.

It's wonderful, but terrifying, and I'm really not liking the whole commitment thing. Neither can I ever see myself marrying him or getting serious, so is there a point? I've liked him for two years, but now that it's happened I find myself wondering whether I liked him or the idea of a boyfriend.

I don't even know what I'm asking for. Advice, maybe? General relationship advice? This is all so new to me.

DarkMoon8's Husbando

well try it out if it dosnt go anywhere hes not mister right yaknow its always worth a shot so give him a shot if i dont work you tryed

Bara Doge's Queen

Omnipresent Senshi

You're young so it's obvious you're not thinking about marrying him.
It's your first bf and of course you're not used to have company. Just let things flow the way they have to.
And... pleaase... move this to the LI.
nanak777
well try it out if it dosnt go anywhere hes not mister right yaknow its always worth a shot so give him a shot if i dont work you tryed

I guess. But it would be so easy to fall in love and know it would never go anywhere...
If you are not liking the whole commitment thing I think that's completely normal at your age. If you are 16 or so, chances are this won't be the guy you will be with forever. As far as there being "a point", I wouldn't say it's pointless, as all relationships help you grow and such. Obviously this one taught you that you don't like commitment. If you aren't feeling the relationship I wouldn't be in it, imo.

MrMephist0's Waifu

Fashionable Lunatic

That's up to you to decide. Do you want to just date him without getting serious or do you want to find someone you can get serious about? You said you didn't like commitment, though.
If you find out you don't like,
TELL HIM
Never lead him on, like some people do
Dnelle
If you are not liking the whole commitment thing I think that's completely normal at your age. If you are 16 or so, chances are this won't be the guy you will be with forever. As far as there being "a point", I wouldn't say it's pointless, as all relationships help you grow and such. Obviously this one taught you that you don't like commitment. If you aren't feeling the relationship I wouldn't be in it, imo.

Good advice, merci.
Gloriously Gay
TELL HIM

I never intended to. He's a great guy, I wouldn't hurt him if I could avoid it.
Don't take it too seriously, just go with the flow and do what makes you happy, not him. That's my only advice.

DarkMoon8's Husbando

klavada
nanak777

I guess. But it would be so easy to fall in love and know it would never go anywhere...

true but your the only one who can decide that

Beloved Sex Symbol

9,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
klavada
Gloriously Gay
TELL HIM

I never intended to. He's a great guy, I wouldn't hurt him if I could avoid it.

Then when your feelings begin to wane you don't want to tell him because it would hurt him then suddenly you're so indecisive that he finds you with some other guy.

Yep, he's a goner.
You people seem to be projecting.

Beloved Sex Symbol

9,000 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
Bad News Good Dope
You people seem to be projecting.

:'D

MrMephist0's Waifu

Fashionable Lunatic