Welcome to Gaia! ::

Liberal Dabbler

I'm not preachy. To each, his own.

7,150 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
Who cares if we wanna eat meat? Ive seen HUNDREDS of slaughter house videos. I know that its pretty bad. But I still like meat, and will continue doing so. So Im not too happy when some hipster hippie Vegan nazi tries to force me to belive that my lifestyle is wrong. :/
Thisistotallyridiculous
ChemicaI Warfare
Thisistotallyridiculous
I get more annoyed by omnivores who always assume, no matter how polite a vegan is, that the vegan is judging them and being preachy when all theyre doing is presenting facts.

They automatically go into defense mode because it makes them question their lifestyle.

Belief in myths allows the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. - John F. Kennedy

And when someone dispels those myths, of course they get angry because it makes them uncomfortable.

They shove information down peoples throats without any concent.

Sometimes information needs to be shoved down peoples throats. Honestly people need to know the information and its depressing how ungrateful people are when someone takes the time and effort to present the information to them.

Since when did everyone hate information? Since it was UNCOMFORTABLE. Simply psychology that drives all omnivores arguments. Ugh.

You would think eating meat was a religion.

Caring Vet

21,250 Points
  • Pet Lover 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
I'm vegetarian and also hate preachy vegans and vegetarians. Bonus hate for those preachy vegans and vegetarians who support PETA.

KTCKv2's Husband

Interesting Citizen

CestTiffany
Are they really preachy or are you just defensive about your own beliefs that their lifestyle seems to challenge?
I don't even tell people I am a vegetarian. It only comes up when food is involved, and I tell them that I do not eat meat. Trust me, it's the easiest and fastest way to alienate yourself.

I think preachy people don't know the reasoning behind things, only stateing the facts. Or at least that's what I've come across.

And food wise, yes, it is a very quick way for you to become alienated. "Do you want some ham?" "No thanks." "How about some egg salad?" "No thanks, I don't eat eggs." "Why not? Are you allergic?" "No, I just choose to not eat them."
CestTiffany
Are they really preachy or are you just defensive about your own beliefs that their lifestyle seems to challenge?
I don't even tell people I am a vegetarian. It only comes up when food is involved, and I tell them that I do not eat meat. Trust me, it's the easiest and fastest way to alienate yourself.

Well said. Even when I'm not 'shoving information down peoples throats', I get mocked for my diet from people who don't even know me. A lady at my work gave some of my vegan brownies to a little girl that came in, and her father said something to the effect of 'you know there's a place for all God's creatures, right next to the mash potatoes and gravy'.

Of course I laughed and brushed it off, but I've heard that 'joke' a million times before by other omnivores who thought they were being clever. There are tons of phrases that omnivores spew around all the time at vegans, but the second a vegan is slightly rude, 'OMG THEY'RE ALL SELF-RIGHTEOUS JERKS!'

KTCKv2's Husband

Interesting Citizen

Light Soprano
I'm vegetarian and also hate preachy vegans and vegetarians. Bonus hate for those preachy vegans and vegetarians who support PETA.

PETA is so retarded. They're a cult.

KTCKv2's Husband

Interesting Citizen

I Shall Grant You NoMercy
Who cares if we wanna eat meat? Ive seen HUNDREDS of slaughter house videos. I know that its pretty bad. But I still like meat, and will continue doing so. So Im not too happy when some hipster hippie Vegan nazi tries to force me to belive that my lifestyle is wrong. :/
Thisistotallyridiculous
ChemicaI Warfare
Thisistotallyridiculous
I get more annoyed by omnivores who always assume, no matter how polite a vegan is, that the vegan is judging them and being preachy when all theyre doing is presenting facts.

They automatically go into defense mode because it makes them question their lifestyle.

Belief in myths allows the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. - John F. Kennedy

And when someone dispels those myths, of course they get angry because it makes them uncomfortable.

They shove information down peoples throats without any concent.

Sometimes information needs to be shoved down peoples throats. Honestly people need to know the information and its depressing how ungrateful people are when someone takes the time and effort to present the information to them.

Since when did everyone hate information? Since it was UNCOMFORTABLE. Simply psychology that drives all omnivores arguments. Ugh.

You would think eating meat was a religion.

Haha, it's not wrong at all and it's funny that some think that it is wrong. I'm a "bad vegan" for saying so but the world is not going to become meat eater free. I mean of course I'd recommend not getting slaughter house meat but rather free ranged meat and eggs.
ChemicaI Warfare
CestTiffany

I think preachy people don't know the reasoning behind things, only stateing the facts. Or at least that's what I've come across.

And food wise, yes, it is a very quick way for you to become alienated. "Do you want some ham?" "No thanks." "How about some egg salad?" "No thanks, I don't eat eggs." "Why not? Are you allergic?" "No, I just choose to not eat them."

Please. We all started out eating meat. Every single vegetarian or vegan, unless their family raised them that way. At some point in their life, they became aware of an issue, educated themselves further, and joined the movement. To lack reason would make it impossible for them to go against the grain. To say these preachy people lack it, is just like, your opinion man.

And no. It's not like that. More like..."Want a hamburger?" "Thanks, but I don't eat meat. I appreciate the offer." "What? How do you get your protein?It's unhealthy..." etc etc.

KTCKv2's Husband

Interesting Citizen

freelance lover
I really dislike preachy vegans and vegetarians as well. I don't care if you choose to remove meat and animal products from your diet. I myself actually really like vegetarian food, and I actively try to keep two of my three meals a day meatless. If humane meat was more available and I had the money to afford it, I would buy it. But I don't, and frankly animal rights isn't an issue I'm passionate enough about to alter my lifestyle that much to accommodate. That doesn't make me a bad person, it just means there are other issues in the world that strike more of a chord with me. I'm passionate about fair trade products, but I don't throw someone's cup of coffee in their face because it's not fair trade. I get maybe they're not passionate about it, and maybe are more interested in cancer research, which I have little interest in. Everyone has different causes, and just because I don't think your cause it the most important, doesn't make me a bad person. I also hate how they just assume I'm uneducated about factory farms and the like. No, I am informed. I just don't care enough to completely remove meat from my diet.

Honestly, preachy vegans make me understand how non-Christians must feel when they meet hardcore BIble-thumpers.

I agree and maybe in the future free ranged products will become more available.
freelance lover
I really dislike preachy vegans and vegetarians as well. I don't care if you choose to remove meat and animal products from your diet. I myself actually really like vegetarian food, and I actively try to keep two of my three meals a day meatless. If humane meat was more available and I had the money to afford it, I would buy it. But I don't, and frankly animal rights isn't an issue I'm passionate enough about to alter my lifestyle that much to accommodate. That doesn't make me a bad person, it just means there are other issues in the world that strike more of a chord with me. I'm passionate about fair trade products, but I don't throw someone's cup of coffee in their face because it's not fair trade. I get maybe they're not passionate about it, and maybe are more interested in cancer research, which I have little interest in. Everyone has different causes, and just because I don't think your cause it the most important, doesn't make me a bad person. I also hate how they just assume I'm uneducated about factory farms and the like. No, I am informed. I just don't care enough to completely remove meat from my diet.

Honestly, preachy vegans make me understand how non-Christians must feel when they meet hardcore BIble-thumpers.

If factory farms had glass walls you would be passionate about it. If you actually thought about the huge sacrifices made for your food you would be passionate about it.

The line of thinking you're using is exactly the same as someone saying, "Yeah, I own thousands of slaves and I pay someone to beat them into submission regularly but I'm just not passionate about letting them go and it's not wrong of me. I'm so tired of people preaching at me."

8,800 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
Thisistotallyridiculous

Huh thought you disappeared off the face of the planet, Pets has been peacefull it has been nice... and completely PET related.

Just so you know you ARE one of those "preachy vegans" that can't stand that people wont blindly follow you and your blog and agree with you on everything. That People care more for their pets and making sure their pets or animals that should be pets aren't abused but apparently don't think twice about where their meat comes from.

But hey I forgot you also just think that those that aren't vegan but are just vegetarians are posers and give you all bad names.

smile

On topic though. It just seems like many Preachy creatures that give vegans and vegetarians a bad name aren't getting enough fiber in their system or are eating to much grass. (I know awesome Veggies.) but yeah I normally tune them out and just return with my own logic.

KTCKv2's Husband

Interesting Citizen

CestTiffany
ChemicaI Warfare
CestTiffany

Please. We all started out eating meat. Every single vegetarian or vegan, unless their family raised them that way. At some point in their life, they became aware of an issue, educated themselves further, and joined the movement. To lack reason would make it impossible for them to go against the grain. To say these preachy people lack it, is just like, your opinion man.

And no. It's not like that. More like..."Want a hamburger?" "Thanks, but I don't eat meat. I appreciate the offer." "What? How do you get your protein?It's unhealthy..." etc etc.

Hahaha, just herp a derp derp I don't judge what you eat.
ChemicaI Warfare
Light Soprano

PETA is so retarded. They're a cult.

Bull s**t. They are radical. But a cult?
I, an animals rights activist, can appreciate the good things they do and the way they bring attention to important issues. But being a human with my own brain, I can still critique their methods, such as over sexualizing (And thus exploiting) women to sell their ads. Then again, that's not an exclusive issue to just Peta's advertising, but a complicated and unrelated issue.
It's like belonging to a political party, many people do, but not all support everything the party may do.
This is not as simple as you omnivores like to think it is. If you support factory farming, you ARE torturing animals. I seriously find it hard to believe that you all genuinely don't care that you're paying people to torture animals. The reasons behind your denial are gluttony and vanity. Pure selfishness. And trying to insult vegans for caring is just a manifestation of your denial. You will do anything to not feel guilt.

KTCKv2's Husband

Interesting Citizen

Thisistotallyridiculous
freelance lover

If factory farms had glass walls you would be passionate about it. If you actually thought about the huge sacrifices made for your food you would be passionate about it.

The line of thinking you're using is exactly the same as someone saying, "Yeah, I own thousands of slaves and I pay someone to beat them into submission regularly but I'm just not passionate about letting them go and it's not wrong of me. I'm so tired of people preaching at me."

^^^ Dislike, dislike, dislike.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces