Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pink Plaid
Veggie for 10 years and I've never been preachy.

If you've never been considered 'preachy' by an omnivore then you're not passionate and you've never discussed your reasons for being veggie with anyone. Ever. That or you've run into a much higher class of people than I have. Lucky!

There are some severe issues with factory farming that need to be addressed that I don't see how any logical, somewhat feeling person could NOT be passionate about. If you're not aware of them that's understandable though.

Basically if you ever talk about factory farming, ever, you're going to be considered 'preachy'. It's the most ridiculous bullshit...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
LilPinkCandy
Thisistotallyridiculous
ChemicaI Warfare
Thisistotallyridiculous
I get more annoyed by omnivores who always assume, no matter how polite a vegan is, that the vegan is judging them and being preachy when all they're doing is presenting facts.

They automatically go into defense mode because it makes them question their lifestyle.

"Belief in myths allows the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy

And when someone dispels those myths, of course they get angry because it makes them uncomfortable.

They shove information down people's throats without any concent.

Sometimes information needs to be shoved down people's throats. Honestly people need to know the information and it's depressing how ungrateful people are when someone takes the time and effort to present the information to them.

Since when did everyone hate information? Since it was UNCOMFORTABLE. Simply psychology that drives all omnivores' arguments. Ugh.

You would think eating meat was a religion.
User ImageA lot of times what's being presented is propaganda which doesn't make it fact all of the time. Either way, no one wants something shoved down their throats.

Honestly I find eating a meatless/animal product-less diet to be revolting to my tastes. I don't like A LOT of things. I'd probably starve myself if I was forced to live a vegan lifestyle.

You should see my facebook and tell me what all is propaganda: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002853109077

Sometimes people interpret simple information sharing as 'someone shoving things down their throats' when that information just happens to discomfort the listener. It's a defense mechanism that allows people too weak to face reality to avoid it and insult the one trying to wake them up.

I know you're going to call me a preachy vegan when I post this, but really:

lol.

I'm a picky eater too. Eating animal carcass is just plain NASTY to me and I would rather die than have to eat it. Blech.

Fashionable Genius

Thisistotallyridiculous
LilPinkCandy
Thisistotallyridiculous
ChemicaI Warfare
Thisistotallyridiculous
I get more annoyed by omnivores who always assume, no matter how polite a vegan is, that the vegan is judging them and being preachy when all they're doing is presenting facts.

They automatically go into defense mode because it makes them question their lifestyle.

"Belief in myths allows the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy

And when someone dispels those myths, of course they get angry because it makes them uncomfortable.

Sometimes information needs to be shoved down people's throats. Honestly people need to know the information and it's depressing how ungrateful people are when someone takes the time and effort to present the information to them.

Since when did everyone hate information? Since it was UNCOMFORTABLE. Simply psychology that drives all omnivores' arguments. Ugh.

User ImageA lot of times what's being presented is propaganda which doesn't make it fact all of the time. Either way, no one wants something shoved down their throats.

Honestly I find eating a meatless/animal product-less diet to be revolting to my tastes. I don't like A LOT of things. I'd probably starve myself if I was forced to live a vegan lifestyle.

You should see my facebook and tell me what all is propaganda: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002853109077

Sometimes people interpret simple information sharing as 'someone shoving things down their throats' when that information just happens to discomfort the listener. It's a defense mechanism that allows people too weak to face reality to avoid it and insult the one trying to wake them up.

lol.

I'm a picky eater too. Eating animal carcass is just plain NASTY to me and I would rather die than have to eat it. Blech.

So your basically saying that anyone who doesn't agree with your lifestyle is using it as a defense mechanism to avoid reality?

Fashionable Warlord

9,500 Points
  • Inquisitor 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Beta Gaian 0

I'm practically a veggie. I get sick if I eat pork, steak, and certen chicken parts. I don't preach, and I do find others that do annoying. It's like preaching to me about religion. Like, stfu, b***h.
yum_puddi
Elizabeth of York
Thisistotallyridiculous
LilPinkCandy
Thisistotallyridiculous
ChemicaI Warfare
Thisistotallyridiculous

lol.

So your basically saying that anyone who doesn't agree with your lifestyle is using it as a defense mechanism to avoid reality?

There's a difference between someone disagreeing with my opinions (based on common sense which most people are unable to share when their views are clouded by discomfort and their tradition... just saying) and insulting me merely for presenting facts. Insulting me merely for presenting uncomfortable facts is the most common manifestation of denial.

And I'm sorry I have to correct your spelling error. In that usage, it would be 'you're'. I'm not trying to be a smart a** I just have OCD that drives me crazy if I don't correct spelling errors. If I spell a word wrong I totally lose it too so it works both ways.

Fashionable Genius

Thisistotallyridiculous
Elizabeth of York
Thisistotallyridiculous
LilPinkCandy
Thisistotallyridiculous

lol.

There's a difference between someone disagreeing with my opinions (based on common sense which most people are unable to share when their views are clouded by discomfort and their tradition... just saying) and insulting me merely for presenting facts. Insulting me merely for presenting uncomfortable facts is the most common manifestation of denial.

And I'm sorry I have to correct your spelling error. In that usage, it would be 'you're'. I'm not trying to be a smart a** I just have OCD that drives me crazy if I don't correct spelling errors. If I spell a word wrong I totally lose it too so it works both ways.

What's common sense to you isn't common sense to someone else. Also, just because someone doesn't wish to listen to you're fanatical beliefs doesn't mean it makes them uncomfortable with their lifestyle choices. Perhaps they really just don't give a ********. Personally, I am comfortable watching something get slaughtered and then eating it.
Elizabeth of York
Thisistotallyridiculous
Elizabeth of York
Thisistotallyridiculous
LilPinkCandy
Thisistotallyridiculous

lol.

What's common sense to you isn't common sense to someone else. Also, just because someone doesn't wish to listen to you're fanatical beliefs doesn't mean it makes them uncomfortable with their lifestyle choices. Perhaps they really just don't give a ********. Personally, I am comfortable watching something get slaughtered and then eating it.

How is torturing animals not fanatical?? I think you're misunderstanding what I mean by torture. I literally mean torture. I don't mean slaughter. These animals are in fact, tortured.... Their entire lives...

How is that not radical??????

Partying Prophet

Thisistotallyridiculous
Pink Plaid
Veggie for 10 years and I've never been preachy.

If you've never been considered 'preachy' by an omnivore then you're not passionate and you've never discussed your reasons for being veggie with anyone. Ever. That or you've run into a much higher class of people than I have. Lucky!

There are some severe issues with factory farming that need to be addressed that I don't see how any logical, somewhat feeling person could NOT be passionate about. If you're not aware of them that's understandable though.

Basically if you ever talk about factory farming, ever, you're going to be considered 'preachy'. It's the most ridiculous bullshit...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I dont preach about factory farming or anything. I explain I dont like the idea of eating the flesh of another creature and thats that. No one argues or thinks Im preachy.
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but those who take it to the extreme are the ones killing their credibility. Veganism and Vegetarianism should be considered a personal choice, as they are, in most cases.

When it's suggested that I change my diet from Omnivore to Vegetarian or Vegan for health reasons, I have to politely object, because when I eat plant-based foods, I get major gas issues or acid reflux. If I eat too many meats, I loose weight too fast, and will also have acid reflux. If I eat both, I get the benefits of both worlds, often without acid reflux, because there is a balance.

There is nothing to be gained from calling the consumption of meat "Animal Cruelty" because animals do not understand cruelty, unless they experience it repeatedly, and know that they are experiencing cruelty. Killing the animal you intend to eat is NOT an act of cruelty, but a means by which you are prolonging your own life.

All creatures understand that there is a balance in the universe, but humans are the only ones who see it as unfair.
Vincent Okami
Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but those who take it to the extreme are the ones killing their credibility. Veganism and Vegetarianism should be considered a personal choice, as they are, in most cases.

When it's suggested that I change my diet from Omnivore to Vegetarian or Vegan for health reasons, I have to politely object, because when I eat plant-based foods, I get major gas issues or acid reflux. If I eat too many meats, I loose weight too fast, and will also have acid reflux. If I eat both, I get the benefits of both worlds, often without acid reflux, because there is a balance.

There is nothing to be gained from calling the consumption of meat "Animal Cruelty" because animals do not understand cruelty, unless they experience it repeatedly, and know that they are experiencing cruelty. Killing the animal you intend to eat is NOT an act of cruelty, but a means by which you are prolonging your own life.

All creatures understand that there is a balance in the universe, but humans are the only ones who see it as unfair.

Animals are tortured in factory farms. I don't use that word lightly.

You should look through my facebook to see current undercover investigations and other issues surrounding factory farming: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002853109077

Or go to my blog where I summarize the issues: Factory Farming and the Impact It Has On EVERYONE
Thisistotallyridiculous
Vincent Okami

You should look through my facebook to see current undercover investigations and other issues surrounding factory farming: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002853109077

Or go to my blog where I summarize the issues: Factory Farming and the Impact It Has On EVERYONE

Could you explain a few things to me?
First: What the hell does deforestation have to do with factory farming? Saving the rainforest, and petitioning for the rights of domestic animals (as in animals within our borders) are two different things, and the last time I checked, all of the timber that is not used is burned, which produces carbon (naturally occurring element, by the way), carbon dioxide (naturally occurring chemical), and the trees are now required to be replaced with new trees when they have been cut.

Also, I don't know how old you are, but it's apparent to me that you never took sociology or studied the impact that certain words have on people. For instance, a lot of people these days HATE Obama, and putting an article on your blog from change.org about something he did doesn't make people want to read, unless they're one of his die-hard supporters.

Lastly, the blog jumps around so often that I would fail you if I asked you to write an essay, and you presented it to me.
Vincent Okami
Thisistotallyridiculous
Vincent Okami

Could you explain a few things to me?
First: What the hell does deforestation have to do with factory farming? Saving the rainforest, and petitioning for the rights of domestic animals (as in animals within our borders) are two different things, and the last time I checked, all of the timber that is not used is burned, which produces carbon (naturally occurring element, by the way), carbon dioxide (naturally occurring chemical), and the trees are now required to be replaced with new trees when they have been cut.

Also, I don't know how old you are, but it's apparent to me that you never took sociology or studied the impact that certain words have on people. For instance, a lot of people these days HATE Obama, and putting an article on your blog from change.org about something he did doesn't make people want to read, unless they're one of his die-hard supporters.

Lastly, the blog jumps around so often that I would fail you if I asked you to write an essay, and you presented it to me.

Why are you being so nit picky and asking questions you could easily figure out yourself?

Brazil is where the majority of our soy comes from. That soy takes land. What is much of Brazilian land covered in? Forests. Where does the majority of our soy go to? Livestock.

Please know I'm simplifying things but you can look more into the issues yourself if you actually care but since I get the impression you couldn't give two shits about it I'm going to go get some much needed sleep while you think of your next thing to criticize me for.

'Night.

6,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Popular Thread 100
I have a friend and he is a vegetarian to, I mean Im a red skin (native american) for goodness sake its in my culture to eat meat, so I hate when people come up to me like oh "Enjoy your cow burger!" Its like "I will"
Me not eating it wont stop them from butchering the animal. My friend even said "Im dissapointed in all of you for eating meat." I mean wouldnt you call that judging? I don't know man but it also bugs me.

Fashionable Genius

Thisistotallyridiculous
Elizabeth of York
Thisistotallyridiculous
Elizabeth of York
Thisistotallyridiculous

lol.

How is torturing animals not fanatical?? I think you're misunderstanding what I mean by torture. I literally mean torture. I don't mean slaughter. These animals are in fact, tortured.... Their entire lives...

How is that not radical??????

And I'm supposed to give two ******** about the life of a cow or any other type of livestock who's only purpose in life is to be eaten? I could care less how they were raised (just as long as they weren't ******** by some beastiality nympho, which to me is torture and wrong on so many levels). And yes, you are fanatical in the sense that you feel the need to spread the word to every single person whether they care or not and try to make them believe exactly what you believe from you're own one sided view.

Fashionable Shopper

Thisistotallyridiculous
LilPinkCandy
Thisistotallyridiculous
ChemicaI Warfare
Thisistotallyridiculous

lol.

User ImageI'm not clicking either of those. The thought of eating most veggies, meat substitutes and veggie casseroles is just plain NASTY to me. It doesn't make me wrong. I need to eat to survive and I cannot survive on what YOU think I should eat. No amount of your links or videos will change my mind. Some people aren't meant to be veggie.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games