7,150 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
Youre an idiot.
rolleyes
Snowmonkeyx
Thisistotallyridiculous
I get more annoyed by omnivores who always assume, no matter how polite a vegan is, that the vegan is judging them and being preachy when all theyre doing is presenting facts.

They automatically go into defense mode because it makes them question their lifestyle.

Belief in myths allows the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. - John F. Kennedy

And when someone dispels those myths, of course they get angry because it makes them uncomfortable.

Fact is that preachy vegans are trying to do good, and all the assholes who treat them like s**t for it are just trying to condone their selfish habits.

Veganism is a stand against animal torture.

When I first went vegan and was exposed to the torture that goes on in factory farming, I wanted to share the information to EVERYONE, so we could PUT AN END to this.

I was completely shocked when people started insulting me for it. It still makes me cry. But no matter how many omnivores call me preachy or self-righteous, Im still going to fight this. Because its just the right thing to do. There will always be those people who want to hate you for presenting the ugly truth. Its a threat to their comfort, the way theyve lived their entire lives.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Its also a stand against the destruction of our planet and human health. But the most unforgivable thing about factory farming is how these animals are treated like objects, unfeeling machines. And because of this blind spot in our perception of reality, these animals suffer more than any other case of human abuse Ive heard of. That even includes the holocaust.

When vegans preach, were really BEGGING for understanding. But what happens is were laughed at. Mocked and ignored. And so the animals continue to suffer.

This ^
Meat eaters only get pissed because they have to take a look at their own morals, and they dont like it. After all the whole meaning behind veganism/vegetarianism is to cause as little suffering as possible. Meats bad for us, the animals and the planet and all they can say is it tastes good oh yeah? good luck with all those health problems.

8,400 Points
  • Clambake 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Overstocked 200
lol Wow, there sure is a lot of whiny omnivores in here who've had their jimmies seriously rustled by having someone suggest to them they eat less meat.

It seems pretty ******** useless to get into an argument about the health benefits of vegetarianism in this forum, but ignoring that - seriously you guys? What, are you afraid those veg*ns (who, according to all the people posting here, are apparently just an amalgamation of all your stereotypes of them) are going to rise up and force you to never pick up a hamburger again?

I get that it's annoying if someone you don't even know leans over to you in a restaurant to tell you, in disgust, how unhealthy what you're eating is. It's probably even more obnoxious when you have a very militant friend who does the same, but whenever you're eating with them. (On that note, it's pretty obnoxious to be the vegetarian in a group of non-veg*ns, and having to constantly explain your choice even when you don't want to, simply because they seem very on-the-alert whenever they eat in front of you, or whenever you're in a place that serves mostly meat and you're literally just eating bread and salad.)

But you need to be able to tell the difference between "passive aggressive" behavior and those individuals just trying to spread information about something they're assuming you don't know about (seeing as you're eating meat).

Also seriously, there's not that many veg*ns and the ones that post videos online of animals being tortured in slaughterhouses/the militant ones, are the minority. Since they're a loud minority though, it's all most people NOTICE, which is a shame, but the same thing happens to Christians and other groups known for their militant sides.

(Before anyone goes trolling my post, yes, I'm a lacto-ovo vegetarian [as of my entire life, as my whole nuclear family is the same], but no I don't give a s**t if you just want to argue back that you'll never stop eating meat. When I go out to eat with my fiancée she eats meat, and exactly zero ******** are given. I'm not looking for converts in this thread, just putting out some observations.)

Sugary Cat

I don't know what's more annoying, the threads about vegans or the vegans themselves.....

KTCKv2's Husband

Interesting Citizen

fighting4peace
ChemicaI Warfare
fighting4peace
Ah a lot of people who truely believe in something and feels that it maybe the only right thing is that thing they believe. They wanna spread the "right thing" to all. People who feel that people are being ignorant and then try to acuse them of doing wrong and then say what they are doing is the only right... that is when some one is being preachy. People have all the right to speak their mind. but yelling in someones face that they are wrong is not going to change anything. You should not hate that that woman was being preachy to someone else. she felt it was right and what she was doing is helping. People do it all the time especially religious people. I do believe that it is better to be vegetarian or vegan but i will not tell some one that they are wrong because the way they were raised. But to truely get the truth out sometimes you gotta be preachy if you truely believe in something. whee

People need to learn how to make proper arguments and rebutles.

Ah true. But some people believe when you truely have a love for something and it is being hurt then they need to act out. You really should not hate them. All we need is love <3 dont hate some thing because you dont like it.

But they hate me for disliking them preaching. They need a different approach.

KTCKv2's Husband

Interesting Citizen

MiameMiame
I don't know what's more annoying, the threads about vegans or the vegans themselves.....

I think it depends on what's in the thread. I like food threads but not ones filled with people arguing.

7,850 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200
Don't care just don't shove your s**t in my face pretty much. (aimed at the preachy ones)

Demonic Phantom

I'm not bothered by the ones spreading awareness for animal abuse in factory farms. I live in a very rural area so I buy almost no meat from a store. All of my meat comes from a farm, a real farm about 15min from my home. Most of my eggs come from there too since October, prior to that I was raising chickens and ducks in my yard, they were very happy in case you were wondering.

Now my problem lies with the activists who begrudge me my lifestyle, the ones who interrupt my dinner or (as an ex friend did) post messages on my facebook wall aimed at me, because I'm not a vegan like her.

I'm making meals for a family that can't have Gluten, Fructose, Sucrose, Sorbitol, or Dairy (proteins, not lactose intolerance). This means I am trying to raise a child that can NOT eat Fruit without getting go-to-the-hospital sick. that means nothing with fruit in it, nothing made with fruit sugars, and nothing made with regular sugar because it comes from a plant. He can have very few veggies and is allergic to dairy proteins also. He only gets protein from meat and eggs. and my husband can't have Gluten. so no breads in the house either. and the dairy protein problem means that nothing, NOTHING with milk or milk by products can be used. So those 'veggie cheese' things y'all eat. He can't have, they have casein in them, it's a milk product and will make him ill.

For someone to turn around and preach to me about the benefits of removing meat and eggs from my diet makes me very angry. I deal with enough and there is enough food my son wants but can not have, to have someone give me s**t because meat is one of the maybe 15 foods my kid can eat without getting physically ill pisses me right the ******** off.

KTCKv2's Husband

Interesting Citizen

kodomokurai
I'm not bothered by the ones spreading awareness for animal abuse in factory farms. I live in a very rural area so I buy almost no meat from a store. All of my meat comes from a farm, a real farm about 15min from my home. Most of my eggs come from there too since October, prior to that I was raising chickens and ducks in my yard, they were very happy in case you were wondering.

Now my problem lies with the activists who begrudge me my lifestyle, the ones who interrupt my dinner or (as an ex friend did) post messages on my facebook wall aimed at me, because I'm not a vegan like her.

I'm making meals for a family that can't have Gluten, Fructose, Sucrose, Sorbitol, or Dairy (proteins, not lactose intolerance). This means I am trying to raise a child that can NOT eat Fruit without getting go-to-the-hospital sick. that means nothing with fruit in it, nothing made with fruit sugars, and nothing made with regular sugar because it comes from a plant. He can have very few veggies and is allergic to dairy proteins also. He only gets protein from meat and eggs. and my husband can't have Gluten. so no breads in the house either. and the dairy protein problem means that nothing, NOTHING with milk or milk by products can be used. So those 'veggie cheese' things y'all eat. He can't have, they have casein in them, it's a milk product and will make him ill.

For someone to turn around and preach to me about the benefits of removing meat and eggs from my diet makes me very angry. I deal with enough and there is enough food my son wants but can not have, to have someone give me s**t because meat is one of the maybe 15 foods my kid can eat without getting physically ill pisses me right the ******** off.

You had chickens? How neat. emotion_c8

Oof, your family members seem to be alergic to everything. D:

There are casein free cheeses I'm sure you're aware of. emotion_c8

In the case of your son though, feed him whatever he can eat, I'm perfectly fine with that. I personally am not against eating animals in general as I am to eating the ones that were not killed humanely.

7,150 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
Harmonizing Dichotomy

Were not "having our jimmies seriously rustled" becuase someone is telling us to eat less meat. Were annoyed because almost a few Vegans in this thread are trying to shove their belifs down our thorats, and throw a hissy fit and call us "selfish" when we decline.

Is that really so hard to understand? Did you even read more then two pages of this thread?
emotion_facepalm

Demonic Phantom

ChemicaI Warfare
You had chickens? How neat. emotion_c8

Oof, your family members seem to be alergic to everything. D:

There are casein free cheeses I'm sure you're aware of. emotion_c8

In the case of your son though, feed him whatever he can eat, I'm perfectly fine with that. I personally am not against eating animals in general as I am to eating the ones that were not killed humanely.

Thank You. since we're spreading awareness, here are the two foundations for my sons disease, in case you'd like to know more.
American Partnership for Eosinophilic Disorders
CURED Foundation

This disease affects just about 1 in 10,000 children, has no known cure, and the only management options are actually medications meant for other problems. It is a Rare disease as defined by the Rare Disease Organization worldwide. These are the only two foundations, children born with this disorder have only begun to live past childhood in the last 6 or 7 years.
User Image

My boyfriend's a vegetarian and feels the same way. And so do I. :]
..all the vegans and vegetarians i have met have been preachy sobs... like its great that you care about animals because so do i. but when vegans on my campus decide to throw pamphlets at me telling me that im an awful person for enjoying meat.

in my mind, if people are really concerned about treating animals humanely.. why do they have a problem with free range chickens, eggs, cattle etc?

just my opinion hopefully that wasn't offensive

King Cutie-Pie

x
            Anyone who preaches is generally annoying if you ask me.
            It doesn't matter what your belief is.

Many of my coworkers are vegan/vegetarian, but they're all pretty respectful, so I know that not all of them have superiority complexes or something.

As long as you respect that I like meat and I'm going to eat it, I'll respect you for your choice to not eat it.

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
I'm not much for preachy people in general. They all basically sound the same.

"I'm better than you. You're a horrible excuse for a living being. See how shiny my s**t is?!"

So, yeah.

KTCKv2's Husband

Interesting Citizen

xmiss kittehx
..all the vegans and vegetarians i have met have been preachy sobs... like its great that you care about animals because so do i. but when vegans on my campus decide to throw pamphlets at me telling me that im an awful person for enjoying meat.

in my mind, if people are really concerned about treating animals humanely.. why do they have a problem with free range chickens, eggs, cattle etc?

just my opinion hopefully that wasn't offensive

Certainly not offensive to me. I'm a vegan but I like that approach. The approach as to a more humane way of killing and supporting small farmers.

Would I eat meat and animal products again even if all animals were killed in a humane way? No but I still won't throw pamphlets at people.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff