Welcome to Gaia! ::

KTCKv2's Husband

Interesting Citizen

I'm vegan but I have a strong hostility towards other vegans and vegetarians. Everyone acts like they have a stick up their a** when an animal rights topic comes up. No wonder everyone hates us, look at how preachy everyone is.

What is your opinion on preachy vegans and vegetarians?
Aw, I don't hate you. I find the preachy ones annoying as well, yes, but have no problem with your average vegetarian or vegan.
I have a very useful ability that it seems very few people have when it comes to people preaching to them.
I do this thing where I... get this... I tune them out. Yeah! I just ignore them, and then BAM, i can't hear them!
Kill them and cook them for din-dins.

Bara Doge's Queen

Omnipresent Senshi

I find them annoying as ********]

Aged Regular

WHO ******** DOESN'T.

KTCKv2's Husband

Interesting Citizen

Soffish
I have a very useful ability that it seems very few people have when it comes to people preaching to them.
I do this thing where I... get this... I tune them out. Yeah! I just ignore them, and then BAM, i can't hear them!

That sounds very niftey! But this woman in this store was just preaching to this man. I wanted to punch her in the face.

7,150 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
YEEEEES. classified_fu
You have no clue how many high horsed, stuck up, little vegan assholes Ive met online, and in real life.
A lot of vegatarins Ive met were pretty cool.
But Vegans? More then half, I just cant stand.
Therere like high struck, protesting, deranged hipster hippies. Only worse.
/rant
You seem okay though.

emotion_donotwant
ChemicaI Warfare
Soffish

That sounds very niftey! But this woman in this store was just preaching to this man. I wanted to punch her in the face.

You shoulda c**t punted her.
I dislike ALL preachy people.

KTCKv2's Husband

Interesting Citizen

I Shall Grant You NoMercy
YEEEEES. classified_fu
You have no clue how many high horsed, stuck up, little vegan assholes Ive met online, and in real life.
A lot of vegatarins Ive met were pretty cool.
But Vegans? More then half, I just cant stand.
Therere like high struck, protesting, deranged hippies. Only worse.
/rant

emotion_donotwant

FFFFFFFFFF THEY'RE RETARDED!

So so so so retarded x 9000. They think they're all high and mighty and as if they were better than anyone else.

Jesus, and they expect to change the world? Not with that attitude.

Adored Admirer

I thought you said "peachy".
I get more annoyed by omnivores who always assume, no matter how polite a vegan is, that the vegan is judging them and being preachy when all they're doing is presenting facts.

They automatically go into defense mode because it makes them question their lifestyle.

"Belief in myths allows the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought." - John F. Kennedy

And when someone dispels those myths, of course they get angry because it makes them uncomfortable.

Fact is that 'preachy' vegans are trying to do good, and all the assholes who treat them like s**t for it are just trying to condone their selfish habits.

Veganism is a stand against animal torture.

When I first went vegan and was exposed to the torture that goes on in factory farming, I wanted to share the information to EVERYONE, so we could PUT AN END to this.

I was completely shocked when people started insulting me for it. It still makes me cry. But no matter how many omnivores call me preachy or self-righteous, I'm still going to fight this. Because it's just the right thing to do. There will always be those people who want to hate you for presenting the ugly truth. It's a threat to their comfort, the way they've lived their entire lives.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

It's also a stand against the destruction of our planet and human health. But the most unforgivable thing about factory farming is how these animals are treated like objects, unfeeling machines. And because of this blind spot in our perception of reality, these animals suffer more than any other case of human abuse I've heard of. That even includes the holocaust.

When vegans 'preach', we're really BEGGING for understanding. But what happens is we're laughed at. Mocked and ignored. And so the animals continue to suffer.

KTCKv2's Husband

Interesting Citizen

Soffish
ChemicaI Warfare
Soffish

You shoulda c**t punted her.

Next time I see her I certainly will.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas