Welcome to Gaia! ::

i've gotten called anorexic by a friend, im not tho, she just thought it because she was amused at how skinny i was.
but it got me thinking about anorexics, all they need is help. You cant necessarily blame them, well, you kinda can, because they chose it. I don't think they ever mean to go that far, some probably do.
What i'm trying to say is, you shouldn't resent someone who is bulimic, or anorexic. They just need therapy, or something, to help them get past it.
You shouldn't hate them, that's wrong, it's a serious condition.
Your thread is stupid.
It's a mental disorder, its goes beyond normal judgment.
It's just how their mind works, and it's very serious.
So to call them stupid is to make it seem like they have normal judgment, which they don't because it is an illness.

And no you did not spell it correctly.
kiwix400
i've gotten called anorexic by a friend, im not tho, she just thought it because she was amused at how skinny i was.
but it got me thinking about anorexics, all they need is help. You cant necessarily blame them, well, you kinda can, because they chose it. I don't think they ever mean to go that far, some probably do.
What i'm trying to say is, you shouldn't resent someone who is bulimic, or anorexic. They just need therapy, or something, to help them get past it.
Agh, you do not simply wake up one day and think, "Ah, I think I will become anorexic."
It's only a disorder because the majority of people don't act like they do. We tend to alienize things different from the norm. But no, you really shouldn't be hating victims of anorexia, unless you yourself have the inverse weight problem, then that can be explained by senseless envy.

People should really just keep their opinions about other people's weight to themselves. As long as they're happy, then it shouldn't pose as a problem to you.

Wealthy Informer

2,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
It's ANOREXIC (ANOREXIA is the condition)

Thanks for generalising somebody with a MENTAL ILLNESS as being a STUPID HUMAN BEING. Understand why people are anorexic before you say that about them.

I sense jealousy because people who hate people with anorexia and bulimia are usually overweight or obese and they have such a slow metabolism or are lazy and cannot loose the weight at the rate that people with an eating disorder do.

Wealthy Informer

2,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
Spike511
kiwix400
Agh, you do not simply wake up one day and think, "Ah, I think I will become anorexic."
That's not what she meant, and no nobody wakes up saying that. What she meant was that she thought about them, not being anorexic herself.
Death Valkyrie
REAL MEN WANT REAL WOMEN!

Death Valkyrie
What happened to the days where a curvy woman was a symbol of status?!

And this is the problem, at least I think so. This thing where women must fit a certain ideal, curvy and voluptuous or slim and delicate, to be considered a "real woman" is what messes with people’s minds and their perception of themselves.
In the words of my lovely boyfriend: "Those are the people who need to just be institutionalized and given an IV."

It is a serious disease, and people don't always treat it as such.
We institutionalize people who cut themselves, why not those who starve themselves? It's a very serious form of self-harm and needs to be treated as such.

Being in a place which will help you cope and help your body be able to deal with having food again.

There should be no *ideal* woman. Whether she be curvy, thin, a twig, or rolls. A woman is a woman for her, not her looks.
This girl who was well known for her anorexia went up to my sister's boyfriend and was hitting on him he told her to loose a couple of pounds then call him...I know it's a horrible thing to do but I couldn't help but laugh.
Anorexics are the most boring people to talk to. Ever.

They do need help though. It's a mental health problem, and without serious help they'll just end up dying.

I think it's sad that people don't take it seriously because of the small percentage that are all "thinspiration" and claim it's a lifestyle choice.

Lady Fox

26,050 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
Why the ******** does a curvy woman equal a real woman? Last time I checked, people have different preferences. Some people might like people who are overweight and some might like people who have dark brown hair. Who gave you the right to judge woman as "real" or "fake" based solely on their body type. Here's a fact---people usually do not have a choice in their body type. A lot of it is based on genetics.

Your post implied that you know nothing about eating disorders. Go to your library, and pick up a book about it. You could google it or go to wikipedia. Eating disorders, and other related mental health issues, have nothing to do with the person's intelligence. To add, not everyone who has an eating disorder does is just to be thin. There are people who do is for control, etc. It is a serious disorder, and do not throw it away thinking it is something that stupid people do to lose weight.
SSDD = same sh*t different day mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen
Eh, I have EDNOS. (Eating Disorder Not Otherwise Specified) Meaning I don't fit any category such as anorexia or bulimia. I have traits from both of those disorders.

For example, I can, and do, go for days on end without eating anything at all. Also, if I do eat, I limit my calorie intake to 500-600 calories a day. Then of course, I have binges, which can end badly, cause I'll puke a lot of times from eating more than I can handle.

I don't try to be that way. Its a disease. People called me fat my whole life. I tried diet, I tried exercise. It didn't work. At least when I dont eat I lose weight. I know its wrong, but oh well.

I also smoke as an appetite suppressor, that way I dont feel hungry during the day cause I smoke 10 cigarettes or more a day.
This topic made me laugh. O_O
FlotownGirl
Death Valkyrie
REAL MEN WANT REAL WOMEN!

Death Valkyrie
What happened to the days where a curvy woman was a symbol of status?!

And this is the problem, at least I think so. This thing where women must fit a certain ideal, curvy and voluptuous or slim and delicate, to be considered a "real woman" is what messes with people’s minds and their perception of themselves.

Either way both feel left out, the curvy want to be skinny, the skinny curvy! It goes both ways....

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff