Welcome to Gaia! ::

Divorced Datemate

4,625 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Partygoer 500
Chinese isn't a language.
I don't really like my boss that much, very unprofessional if you ask me and demands a lot and it's a design job. I'm saving for..well anything after graduation and I graduate in less than 8 months so it's important for me to have enough $$$ in the bank cause NY is expensive

Magical Tree

Lol! Sounds like most of Korea!!

I teach English to Korean elementary students.
It's not glamorous. I work hard. But sometimes the kids say something funny. And they're cute.

Invisible Humorist

my parents own a restaurant but they will never let me work there

Generous Poster

welcome to having a job

all the pains of working will be erased when you receive your paycheck/cash

and then the next day immediately you will recall all the horrible aspects of your job and perhaps even start to develop a apathetic attitude towards everything

i actually have a pretty good parttime job, very nice boss. i tutor kids in math and redding before you ask

Timid Combatant

13,690 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
If I had a million dollars, I'd probably be doing pretty much the same thing I'm already doing, but with even less urgency.

Questionable Sex Symbol

The shittiest boss you have and why
The club I've worked at for the past two years was bought by new owners a few months ago.
One was a gay man who used to work at the club as a bartender and the other was a straight guy who was a total douche and wanted to the dive bar into a high-end lounge.
In the short time the straight guy worked there, he had sexually harassed nearly every female employee at the club and my friends were urging me to quit.
Lucky for me, he sold out to the gay owner once it became apparent that the club's horrible location wasn't suitable for the high-end feel he wanted.

Why working for family sucks
I've never worked for family, but I have worked with family.
I worked for an optometrist at Costco and my dad was an optician in the same department.
t was actually pretty cool because we could car pool and he gave me lunch money sometimes.

What would you do with a million dollars
Pay for school. Get a nice apartment in downtown Orlando. Pay for my best friend to live with me since she's currently unemployed.
Go to New York with my sister and LA with my friends. Meet Lady Gaga. Buy a new, entirely designer wardrobe. Get some work done. And save the rest.

Are you working now? If so, what are you saving up for most recently.
Yes (though I'm taking a break for the summer) and I'm pretty much saving everything I make so I can be financially independent after school.

Fashionable Ladykiller

6,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Signature Look 250
The shittiest boss I ever had?
I'm still with my first job, but the general manager before our new (and very amazing one) came along, she was hell. She constantly degraded us and made it obvious who she hated, she made me very uncomfortable, she would yell at me a lot personally and tell me I did a horrible job or that I didn't do this, and let worse people get away with a lot more when I came to work and tried my hardest. She broke a plum on my a** once. As in she threw it and my a** just happened to look like a baseball glove.

Why working for family sucks:
Lousy pay (or great pay, rarely), you're obviously free every waking moment, and I don't know if this is personally true for everyone else, but it's hard to be yourself around family because with mine they want to assume you're the same as you were growing up. You don't change, so you're still the kid and they will try to change their selves even and over all just make it uncomfortable.

What would I do with a million dollars?
Spoil myself a bit, help out my mother, then try and save it up. I would continue working because I don't know what I would do without a job, but that would definitely be my rainy day money.

What am I saving up for?
A 2014 Chevy Spark. I want the lime green one, I did the math and by Jan 7th, I will have 3,400 saved up with enough money for a down payment, gas, insurance, and to help pay for the car. It's between 12k - 14k and I absolutely love it! It's won 3 awards, being the top safety pick, the ecological pick (85% of my soon to be car is recyclable), and the popular pick. I can connect my phone to it to play my music, and I can break check my passengers when they wanna do s**t. Oh, you wanna change the radio? Break check. You want to lean down and get something off the floor? Break check. You wanna tell me to stop break checking your a**? Break check.

Your financial aid?
********, man, I don't know anything about the economy. Maybe you're too white class?

Brazil's epic failure?
Haaaaaa.
Jimmedy
my first job, my manager used the scare tactic to get us in shape. More like boot camp honestly but afterwards when she carved us into her perfect crew she eased out. every time we had a newb though she'd chew them out, make them cry, then we were there to pat them on the head and give them a pickle spear.

good luck on your first job. soon it'll become second-nature to you.
speaking of creeps, I had a regular ask me if I was married- when I answered "No" he began to aske me.
broke him mid sentence and said "But I do have a boyfriend"

O___O dude what was that job

Bloodsucker

Solanage
Jimmedy
my first job, my manager used the scare tactic to get us in shape. More like boot camp honestly but afterwards when she carved us into her perfect crew she eased out. every time we had a newb though she'd chew them out, make them cry, then we were there to pat them on the head and give them a pickle spear.

good luck on your first job. soon it'll become second-nature to you.
speaking of creeps, I had a regular ask me if I was married- when I answered "No" he began to aske me.
broke him mid sentence and said "But I do have a boyfriend"

O___O dude what was that job

it was a movie theater. a friggen movie theater- a highschoolers job. and she took it very seriously.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff