Welcome to Gaia! ::

a s**t job working as a cashier in my uncle's chinese supermarket where mostly all the employees and most of the customers except for me speaks chinese and/or some other asian language

and i work ~50-55 hours a week on min wage

and creepy men flirt with me

and my aunt-in-law (also my boss) is a rude and demanding and frightening b***h boss

but it's a job i guess and i'm p lucky to have it sweatdrop
now i can save for my party and drug addictions on the upcoming school year!

discuss

- the shittiest boss you have and why
- why working for family sucks
- what would you do with a million dollars
- are you working now? if so, what are you saving up for most recently
- why my financial aid for next year plummeted even though my mum and pops made less $
- brazil's epic failure
why the ******** would you work for family
Why Juxtaposed
why the ******** would you work for family

well you see

0/17 jobs i applied for called back and cashiering opens up even more shitty but more competitive min wage jobs so yup blaugh
acoustic finish
my bosses are p cool
i delegate all my work to my coworkers and sit on the computer all day doing my manager's summer classes for him (which he's paying me mad cash for)
ain't nobody firing me

oh and i have several things i'm saving for

a gram of that white girl
the vacation i'm taking this summer
and a car

in order of which i'm saving for first

white is white girl

and where are you going :3
acoustic finish
Solanage
acoustic finish
my bosses are p cool
i delegate all my work to my coworkers and sit on the computer all day doing my manager's summer classes for him (which he's paying me mad cash for)
ain't nobody firing me

oh and i have several things i'm saving for

a gram of that white girl
the vacation i'm taking this summer
and a car

in order of which i'm saving for first

white is white girl

and where are you going :3

otherwise known as columbian marching powder

california blaugh

O I c boo ninja

I live in CA!

Which city are you visiting
Congratulations (:
I wish I had a ******** job. I'm in your former boat of like 0/17, except with no friends or family who can help me get a job.

Anxious Browser

"That Christina Aguilera white girl" Haha

My first job was for a small family owned Italian restaurant when I was 15. Working in any family owned small business can be rough vecause its not a corporate over person, its your success and failure that will make and break your lifestyle, so I know that can be tough. It was for me at first til I understood that was why the management was so harsh.

Sexy Fairy

I once had a job in my uncle's business, and it payed extremely well, but shred one payroll sheet on accident and lo and behold, I was unemployed and didn't even get a letter of rec. for my next job. Eventually I got a job at Abercrombie&Fitch and felt like a major douche with my shirt off being nice to people who kept telling me to tan a bit more...and a few more jobs along the way happened.

Right now I'm working at a small café, and I'd say it's probably one of the better jobs I've had since it's close to my house, the pay and tips are decent, and I get to take a lot of the baked goods home to my roommates and stuff.

Bloodsucker

my first job, my manager used the scare tactic to get us in shape. More like boot camp honestly but afterwards when she carved us into her perfect crew she eased out. every time we had a newb though she'd chew them out, make them cry, then we were there to pat them on the head and give them a pickle spear.

good luck on your first job. soon it'll become second-nature to you.
speaking of creeps, I had a regular ask me if I was married- when I answered "No" he began to aske me.
broke him mid sentence and said "But I do have a boyfriend"

Fluffy Lop

My first job boss sucked not because he was mean, but because he was cheap. I worked at a daycare when I was about 12-13. Worked there on and off for the next few years, mostly when I was younger. We used to have two babysitters no matter what, but he eventually cut it down to just one. You were ******** if more then one baby came in and you had toddlers trying to climb on shelves and toys. I viewed it as a major safety hazard. >:/

Eventually I worked at Dunks, got spat on for like the first year, and then became a "Baker". Fancy word for "go heat up our frozen food". Hated that place and thankfully will never go back.

Then I worked as a PCA for a disabled girl with Muscular Dystrophy. smile She was my boss mainly. I had to do everything- Feed her, shower her, clothe her, help her with her medications. She was such a happy person. I loved working with her.

My next boss was a family friend at a hospital, so I eventually worked there as a PCA. Again, really nice boss, great people.

And now in addition to being a PCA, I am an ER Technician in the same hospital. My boss is great also. smile I love my jobs right now, and they are so much better then the shitty jobs I used to have.
I firmly believe your career satisfaction goes up the higher you ascend the latter.

heart

Fashionable Hunter

#chinesetakeout

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out