Welcome to Gaia! ::

If I wear to, hypothetically, try to build an android, how would I go about doing it? Or what sites would you suggest? ninja All hypothetically, of course.

Hallowed Elder

9,950 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
I would suggest a degree in robotics o.O
Good luck with that.

They've been trying for years, and the most they've gotten a robot to do is dance to semi-complicated choreography.
:O Androids are pretty technical devices. It involves some pretty serious robotics if you want it to do anything very challenging... And a decent amount even if you don't. Most of the serious android projects are in Japan, and Korea. They maintain websites, if you can get them translated.
Being knowledgeable in the fields of Robotics, Human Anatomy, Engineering, and Physics would be a start.
Hana Maehata
If I wear to, hypothetically, try to build an android, how would I go about doing it? Or what sites would you suggest? ninja All hypothetically, of course.

In addition to getting a couple degrees and experience, you might want to wait a couple years. The most advanced robots in existence don't do much more than remember words, recognize items, walk upstairs, and vainly try to imitate human emotion, and each of these abilities is only known by a single miracle of science. Building an andriod, even hypothetically, is out of our grasp, for now.
That was the funniest thing I have heard all day. Opposite to failing the internet, You Win it.

On a real note, several degrees in advanced robotics and phisiology. Make.com or instructables.com could help you.
Isn't that supposed to be... you know, really really hard?

Though when (if) you do, let me buy one. It's been a dream of mine to have a harem of robot maids and butlers, like that kid in 'Chobits.'

But realistically... building a chobits-like or ghost in the shell-type android isn't exactly a realistic goal for the moment. Just keep studying and get a couple degrees in robotics--who knows, maybe you will make some kind of breakthrough.

They said flight was impossible... and T.V was ridiculous... If androids are both impossible and ridiculous, then that means the guy who makes one is going to have a lot of 'Ha-ha!'-ing to do to all their doubters.

XD.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces