Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100
Consult a licensed physician first, please O-o
Get vaccinated (oh noes!!)
Vitamin C, Airborne, lots of water, hot tea/lemon water, vitamins, work out, sleep, stretch, ettccc

Gekko

3,700 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Timid 100
anna_cracker
Take antibacterial hand santitizer with you everywhere and use it. Also keep hand wipes on you.

Be aware of where your hands are, if ou touch something then don't touch your face.

Drink bottled water and beverages.
Eat foods that are well cooked.
No ice in restaurants, no icecream or unpackaged milk.
Stay away from raw fruits and veg, since they might have fecal matter on them.
Bring lots of pepto bismol tablets with you. (it doesn't exist over there)

If you do get a stomach issue, stay away from irritants like beer, coffee and spicy foods. Drink lots of water and (maybe) some tea. Rice prepared fresh (hot enough to kill bacteria).

Yes, all of this is what my father-in-law did when he went on missions to Africa.
He only got sick once...probable food poisoning from a very nice resort hotel right on the beach. Woops
Their yoghurt is powerful. Good news they add it on most food as dipping sauces like mustard and sometimes along with the sour spicy main dishes.

And thai produce the best Durian fruits in the world.

You will be sick. I promise!

Bright Star

8,225 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Person of Interest 200
being to clean can be just as bad as being to dirty so try to find a balance. Be sure to wash your hands before eating because humans are the number one reason sickness is spread. The last thing i have to say is eat right and be active.

Liberal Receiver

With the exception of infections resultant from things like post nasal drip or injury, I usually don't get sick.
I use hand sanitizer before I touch my face. I don't share pens,(Though that came from pen cap chewers giving me back chewed up pens.) lip products, towels, or anything of the like.
I don't eat any food with unwashed/sanitized hands, or unwashed food, if it requires washing.(Like veg and fruit.) I don't eat food that has been out for a certain length of time without proper heating or refrigeration.

I'm also the a*****e that tells people to cover their face when they cough or sneeze.

Hm, I also don't drink regular tap water. Started when I lived in a place where because of water main breaks, they started using a lot of chlorine to combat bacteria - so I began filtering all the water I use. Then we moved out into the boonies and our water smells of sulfur and leaves rust stains.(Also causes horrid sulfur burps and farts.)
So, errything is still filtered water - or bottle.

I'm also told that keeping well hydrated helps prevent getting sick. How much you need, exactly depends on you, as a person. Some people get more liquid from their foods, some people just need to process more liquid. For me, it's about 48oz minimum a day, though I usually go well over that. I base that around whether or not my piss is dark and if my lips are chapped in ways that carmex doesn't help. If dark piss and chapped lips in a manner that cannot be fixed by balm? Dehydrated as all ********.

As for vitamins, I take 1000mcg of B12(It's supposed to help with energy and RLS, in addition to anemia.), 100 mcg of b1 every day(also known as thiamin, supposed to help turn carbs into energy.), 500mcg of calcium(Though that's more because my dad has severe osteo and nobody knows why.), and a multi vitamin erryday.

Probably also helps that my husband has a legitimate germ phobia.
Getcha vaccines!

Deathly Protagonist

do not go near infected assholes

has worked for me
Get your shots.

Shameless Man-Lover

Eat a proper amount of calories a day. Drink a few glass of water. Take some vitamins. Sleep 8-9 hours a night. Exercise some. Lower your stress levels.
USA Job Creator
Help your immune system.

There's a lot you can do. You can eat foods daily that help your immune system, like tomatoes, oranges, garlic, onions, honey, cheerios, orange juice and many more certain foods, certain herbs, etc. Google foods for the immune system.

Drink plenty of water. A body without enough water can't function well, much less your immune system. Get plenty of sleep, for the same reason.

Drink milk... I've read vitamin D supports the immune system.

These are all things that could get him sick if he treats milk, water and raw veg like he does in his home country.

Tipsy Prophet

Stay away from questionable s**t.
Share needles.

Super Cyclops

You can't. Something's gonna get you eventually, no matter what vaccines to take.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff