Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yea I know its kina sad a 20 some odd year old person can’t seem to find someone to hang out with other then roommates or boyfriend.

So see I moved to VA about a month ago and I'm still getting use to everything here, just got a job, so that's helping with doing something with my time other than being with my bf. Don't get me wrong, I love being around him, and what not but I don't want to over whelm the poor guy.
The only other person I hang out with my one of my roommates, Sean, but most of the time its drinking and complaining about or lives together or doing dumb s**t, or getting food. and the other person I kinda hangout with is Brandon, who is a guy in my reenacting unit, He's quite a bit older than me, and I don't know if thats weird or not, but I look up to him as a bother because we like the same stuff, and he always invites me a long when he knows I like something that he does.

But I want to hang out with people my age, but I really don't know where to find people? I'm not longer in school and all my other friends are back in NJ, and I don't want to drive 6+ hours to get there.

And the people I work with don't get my sense of humor or like the same stuff as I do. So I'm at a bit of a lost.

Any suggestions? :I
Have you tried talking to people?

User Image
I don't actively try to find friends. I just let things fall into place on their own.
brutal palm tree massacre

User Image
I like that movie. :U
Roboken

User Image

I know I've seen it before, but I can't remember the name. Enlighten me?

User Image

King Cutie-Pie

x
            Google or look on Facebook for local groups in your area that focus around some of your interests. See if they have meet ups. If they do, go to one.

Or, you know, the usual. Go to a bar/park/coffee shop and meet people.
Roboken

User Image

User Image
Hairspray
Roboken
Roboken

User Image

User Image
Hairspray

Now I regret asking. sad

User Image

User Image

yea at my job and such, but they asren't the kind of people I would hang out with. None of the same interest
Roboken
I don't actively try to find friends. I just let things fall into place on their own.
Same here, but I get quite bored easily. And I wont to go out and do stuff with other people
Ich bin der Morgenstern

User Image

yea at my job and such, but they asren't the kind of people I would hang out with. None of the same interest

Have you tried talking to people outside of your work?

User Image
The Earth King
            x
            Google or look on Facebook for local groups in your area that focus around some of your interests. See if they have meet ups. If they do, go to one.

Or, you know, the usual. Go to a bar/park/coffee shop and meet people.
hmm this is true
Ich bin der Morgenstern
Roboken
Same here, but I get quite bored easily. And I wont to go out and do stuff with other people
Well it's best to start. It's probably just a hump that you're afraid to go over.

Do you go to school?
Ich bin der Morgenstern

User Image

Have you tried talking to people outside of your work?

User Image

some of my neighbors, but most of them are elderly, I don't know where anything is quite yet. Only when I use my GPS :I
Roboken
Ich bin der Morgenstern
Roboken
Well it's best to start. It's probably just a hump that you're afraid to go over.

Do you go to school?
I'm finished with school. went to college, n' all
yea I think that's it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out