Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lil help? 3nodding

This is something I'm not really sure how to do xP Most my food I eat is fast food, and while my body seemed to be able to take it, and I looked good, I never really cared, though lately I noticed I been slowly gaining weight which I noticed when the pants size I was wearing because it felt very loose around the waist is now a perfect fit xD, so I decided It's time to try eating healthier, since it looks like my body is saying no more ;3

Main problem? Well besides giving up some of my fave foods, I really unsure what there is that's healthy, and no one in my family can cook. I'm basically the cook of the family, and all I know how to do is make french fries and scrambled eggs! xD

This is mainly to be healthier, so there's no set amount of weight I want to lose, or a deadline or nada. Fatty food is still ok, as long as it's not grossly fatty, and is healthy.

Here's my list so far.
Drinks:
Water
Milk
Lemonade
Punch
Pepsi (only with meals)
That orange sports drink sold at college vending machine

Acceptable Meals
Bread
Spagetti
Chicken (NO KFC!!!)
Smashed Potatoes
Water Melons / Bananas and other fruit
Soup
Pizza (only on rare occasions)
NO FAST FOOD!!!
Sk2k52

Acceptable Meals
Bread
Spagetti
Chicken (NO KFC!!!)
Smashed Potatoes
Soup
NO FAST FOOD!!!

I see a problem here.

BREADS, SPAGETTI, POTATOES- all VERY starchy things, you'll get hungry soon after eating them! If you are going to eat breads, eat WHOLE WHEAT. It's better tasting, makes you more full, better for digestion and overall has less sugars in it!

Avoid meats like pork, ribs, fried anything, normal fat cheeses, hot dogs, 'lunch' meats'

At school, what do you usually take for lunch?
Maus_Oz
Sk2k52

Acceptable Meals
Bread
Spagetti
Chicken (NO KFC!!!)
Smashed Potatoes
Soup
NO FAST FOOD!!!

I see a problem here.

BREADS, SPAGETTI, POTATOES- all VERY starchy things, you'll get hungry soon after eating them! If you are going to eat breads, eat WHOLE WHEAT. It's better tasting, makes you more full, better for digestion and overall has less sugars in it!

Avoid meats like pork, ribs, fried anything, normal fat cheeses, hot dogs, 'lunch' meats'

At school, what do you usually take for lunch?

Well usually frozen chicken sandwiches.
Sometimes 6in subs, whatever is on special at the near by quick check.
They also have a dollar soup there, which I don't like eating though since it gives me a insane urge for pepsi, which drives me insane until I drink it.
You should eat more vegitables and stuff like that.
I lossed a TON of weight by going on a Protien bar diet- where at least 2 of your meals are protien bars. which are really good for you.
I wouldn't eat bread because it's high in calories and carbs.
Another thing is - you need to figure out how many calories a day you need for someone your height and age- and try to go by that.
Cutting the fat by a 95% out of your diet will help dramatically too.
Spaghetti is also a bad food to eat due to carbs as well and smashed potatoes are just pure starch and if you put butter or other toppings on them- that's just adding way more calories than nessesary. Chicken is a good choice because it is low in fat and not too many calories per serving.
I'd stay away from punch too and pepsi and mabe cut back on the milk- they all have a TON of calories per glass in them. Just drinking water can help you lose weight and help maintain a good body.
Slicer90
I lossed a TON of weight by going on a Protien bar diet- where at least 2 of your meals are protien bars. which are really good for you.
Another thing is - you need to figure out how many calories a day you need for someone your height and age- and try to go by that.
Spaghetti is also a bad food to eat due to carbs as well and smashed potatoes are just pure starch and if you put butter or other toppings on them- that's just adding way more calories than nessesary. Chicken is a good choice because it is low in fat and not too many calories per serving.
I'd stay away from punch too and pepsi and mabe cut back on the milk- they all have a TON of calories per glass in them. Just drinking water can help you lose weight and help maintain a good body.

Would home mix lemonade work? (going by half the suggested mix)

Water is so ew >.<

Also how is frozen chicken nuggets with the 0 trans fat thingy?
i need to eat healthy too
Sk2k52
Slicer90

Water is so ew >.<

You may be able to get by with some crystal light or something like that. But I'm not for sure on that. There are bottles of flavored water you can buy which do taste alot better than just water, they have no calories or fat or anything per serving.
Sk2k52
Slicer90

Water is so ew >.<

Also how is frozen chicken nuggets with the 0 trans fat thingy?

On the chicken nuggets- I'm not quite sure. you can check at www.calorieking.com it's a great site to see the calorie/fat contents of the foods you eat, and can help you make better choices. Personally I'd stay away from chicken nuggets because they are typically deepfried which always seems to increase the amount of calories, fat, grease Bleh in your food. Transfat is the stuff that messes your heart up- but 0 trans dosen't mean it dosen't still have fat in it. Good luck with eating healthy!
I have to leave now but you can pm me if I can help you at all ^^
Thanks greatly for the advice biggrin

Any others with tips/suggestions?
Learning to cook your own foods will be helpful in pursuing a more healthy eating lifestyle. Most things are pretty easy to do and the internet is a great resource for step-by-step instructions on pretty much anything!

This is not even to mention that exercise is important in addition to a healthy diet to maintain good health. smile

Try to stop drinking soda altogether - I've had many friends tell me that they've noticed weight loss once they've done it.

What other fruits do you enjoy? Do you like yoghurt and granola? Those are great replacements for greasy breakfasts that many people eat nowadays.
My dear Sk2k52, if you want to eat healthyer food i would suggest to go learn cooking, view some food books or home medicine books. You could also ask any nurse/doctor for any health food recepts etc. I would say ... eat many different things, whole wheat bread, drink water, cola can be realy bad for your stomach and your teeth. Try to NOT eat fast frozzen food! And dont eat too fat things!
I disagree with cutting out milk. It's very important to intake as much calcium as possible before your mid-20s to reduce the risk of osteoporosis later in life. Also, especially for women, milk and dairy can help you LOSE weight. Of course, skim milk (fat free) is the best choice.

Try eating a healthy cereal for breakfast. My personal favorites are the Special K cereals heart
My main problem with cooking is that I already know more about cooking than my entire family ._. so that makes getting ingredients to cook quite difficult too. I will try harder to learn to cook though, and look up some recipes online and give it a go, but even the easy recipes scares me with how hard they look crying

I won't be cutting out milk completely, but at this point I only drink up to half a cup, and usually like, once a week tops. I'm also at risk for a genetic bone disorder (as my father has it which makes his bones extremely brittle, don't know if I'll get it or not). I shouldn't need slim milk with how rarely I drink it, and it might upset my mother to change the milk in her coffee.

Mmm I'll try picking up some granola bars, special k, and yoghurt next time we out shopping.

Any other suggestions on what to pick up next time I go shoppin? I'm much appreciating you alls help :3

*e-huggles ya'all*

Liberal Sex Symbol

Ideally, you should cut out all those drinks except water, and milk. The rest of the stuff you mentioned is loaded with HFCS and is really bad for you, worse for you than plain sugar. If water is too bland you could squeeze some lemon, or orange into it, and add a spoonful of sugar to give it flavor, or start brewing your own iced tea. I'd vote against the "flavored" waters and such, as they either are as loaded as regular sodas, or are loaded with aspartame, though which may not make you fatter or your glucose spike, it's a ton of chemicals.

The goal of healthy eating is to cut out as much preprocessed food as possible. And to use as much fresh ingredients as possible.

There is no point in having spaghetti, if you're going to used the preprocessed canned sauce crap which is loaded with calories and sugar and preservatives.
Eating Healthy? Well, that's tough cause' everything you eat contradicts with each other thus making chemical reactions on your body.

But I know one strategy that can help a lot. For a week leave the sodas even the juices. Just drink pure water.

Intake water 1 hour before eating a meal and an hour after. It will make food digest softly and in a good shape.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff