Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Kitten

All I can say is: Adderall.

In spring the lowest I got was a 96%

Dedicated Genius

Just review every day and make sure that all your homeworks are completed at the same time you're doing it in class…Study on the weekends (Sunday especially if your classes begin Monday). It doesn't have to be a lot, but a little refresher always helps. Rest at least 8 hours a night and don't stress out. If you do stress out, find an outlet and spend some time decompressing.

Find a good study group and keep with them for the whole semester. Go over your homework. If you miss something, they will catch it and if they miss something you will catch it. Telling them how to do what they missed will reinforce your own skills.

XD

But above all, have a great time learning.

Fashionable Genius

5,425 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Angelic Alliance 100
Hi all. Thank you so much for the tips.
I am done read them.
It is WOWW, gaian still respond me as well. You all such made my day. XD TQ TQ TQ
Arigatou gozaimasu. wink

Original Genius

8,050 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
Something that really helped me was to learn the material, then when I thought I had understood it all, I went to teach it to someone else. (This technique helped bring my grade up from a D to an A mrgreen )

That way I'd have to really understand what it was I was learning and be able to explain the material in different ways and be able to apply it. It also helped me to build various skills, like communication, etc.

Another thing I did was to go over my notes and try to do homework soon after the lecture/lesson was over while it was still fresh in my mind, which really helped a lot rather than waiting until later and having forgotten things.

I struggle a lot with procrastination, so when I need to revise or do homework, I sit somewhere facing a blank wall so I don't look up and start day dreaming, or get distracted by the clock or whatever.

At my college, we have this tandem learning system, where if you would like some help from a peer, you can post a notice on the tandem learning board in the library.
What would happen was if I wanted someone to compare notes or discuss something (e.g. say I wanted help with algebra) I would put a notice up saying I needed help with algebra and in return I would offer to help someone with their english.
If another student relpied, then we could organise to meet somewhere and they would help with my algebra, and I could help with their english.

And remember to look after yourself; you will make things a lot harder for yourself if you're physically and mentally exhausted, and make sure to drink plenty of water to keep your brain hydrated.

10,200 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Befriended 100
Make flashcards and carry them with you. Pull them out at any little 5 minute break you have during the day, all day!

I did that for Calculus (memorizing equations and certain derivatives), Spanish, Physics, and Chemistry.

Edit: Oh, and, at first, write out cards for EVERYTHING, even basic things you're sure you know. The first few times you go through the stack, flip through them all. After a few times, start tossing ones you know you know out of the pile, reducing its size. I suggest saving those cards tossed in a separate pile, and then going over them once more just before the test, even if you're totally confident you 100% know everything on the cards you tossed.

Feral Cat

7,225 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Hellraiser 500
I have a whiteboard and I like to rewrite my notes onto the whiteboard. It helps me organize my thoughts and save on paper. (Plus, I like to colorcode things) I take pictures of them on my phone and study if I have a bit of time.

Greedy Giver

how you learn new facts and retain and recall information is an individual process and its up to you to figure out what methods work best for you, don't be afraid to try different things to see if they're helpful to you

as far as being able to pass a test, all I can say is exhaust your resources. You'll be told what you're supposed to have learned and given a variety of materials, though not all are required, you should use everything available to better your understanding of your learning objectives.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff