Welcome to Gaia! ::

Oulgut Pleu
Flip Wit
Oulgut Pleu
No_Judgement
Heh Heh WoW, You do meet many online friends that way, I just managed to kick the habit after about a year of playing, I did find people that I could relate to, and talk about more than just our mutual enjoyment of wow about. My guess is that you just have to strike up a convo and hope for the best.

Haha, yeah. That friend I mentioned earlier was attracted to me because I was being obscenely perverse in some pug. It lead to wonderful things, such as us later fooling our entire guild that I was his mother in vent.

/: I'm hungry.

it might be horribly evil but my arena partner on my warrior ( A resto druid of course) and I got into a mirror match of 2 people from our server. It ended up with 2 resto druids trying to kill each other. It took like half an hour but we won. At which time the other team came at us saying things like 'lol your warrior is terrible, omfg stop running cowards etc etc'

At which time my druid friend, who is female decided to mess around and said to them ' I would really appreciate it if you guys would not insult my son's ability, he tries very hard on his warrior every day'
Needless to say they went to town with insults from there. At which time my druid friend took it to the next level and reported them, still acting as my mother.

A few days later ( yay for slow GMs) they were given a week ban for harassment.

Hahaha, that's priceless.

While in vent I would introduce myself as "Matty's mom" and ask everyone if he'd been behaving himself. One guy blurted out that he'd been cursing a lot (the kid's got a sailor's mouth on him). I pretended to be really upset, asking Matt if that was true. The guy who had tattled on him immediately realized what he'd done and tried saying that he was only kidding. I pushed on, though, demanding an answer from my son. I made up some bogus full name to call him by, asking him if I had to call his father about it, etc. That guy got s**t for ages for getting him in "trouble".

Haha, I never had any fun like that in a guild, but I have been in a few bad guilds. I remember one that was more of a guild within a guild, we had normal members and then we had members that were all in this tight group of people that were married and had kids and s**t. [this group also figured that they didn't have to help the other guildys] anyway our gm loved to b***h that they couldnt get a kara group together,I ended up quittin that guild a good 5-6 months ago as of the time i left which was early march that guild has yet to make it to Kara.
On that note I also have to go, tomorrow I need to wake up early and go to the city and buy the new Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles game for the DS and a new game card.

>.>
Heh. I'm an officer in my guild so I have to have a level of involvement with my raid members... but past that I don't talk much. Not one for pvp.. resto shaman pvp is terrible.

Also my guild has been working on Vashj this week... so we're fairly into raiding.

We were actually a reroll guild from a different server. Our first raid was one month and 7 days ago so we've progressed VERY fast.
Flip Wit
I don't have very many interesting pug stories.. truth be told on my shaman I've only been in maybe two.

Also there was a player archetype thread posted before on the wow forums.. I fit under the 'Silent Guy' archetype of the person who plays very well but usually never says anything.

Oh god, I've got tons of stories. Trying to tank for a pug is one of the most infuriating things. I mostly stick to an alt now, a draenei mage, who is in a guild made up of me, my siblings, and a friend. It's amazing what you can accomplish when you actually have competent players.

I've got a quiz on Thursday that I should probably cram for tomorrow, and that requires me to be awake. It's approaching 4:30 AM here. xd This website is addictive. I'll catch you later.
Me and you have just about the same playin style, I never said much when I ran with people, I honestly perfered to PvP though I didn't have time to raid because of work, I only ran Kara once and it wasn't even a full clear. stressed
I don't have very many interesting pug stories.. truth be told on my shaman I've only been in maybe two.

Also there was a player archetype thread posted before on the wow forums.. I fit under the 'Silent Guy' archetype of the person who plays very well but usually never says anything.
Flip Wit
Oulgut Pleu
No_Judgement
Heh Heh WoW, You do meet many online friends that way, I just managed to kick the habit after about a year of playing, I did find people that I could relate to, and talk about more than just our mutual enjoyment of wow about. My guess is that you just have to strike up a convo and hope for the best.

Haha, yeah. That friend I mentioned earlier was attracted to me because I was being obscenely perverse in some pug. It lead to wonderful things, such as us later fooling our entire guild that I was his mother in vent.

it might be horribly evil but my arena partner on my warrior ( A resto druid of course) and I got into a mirror match of 2 people from our server. It ended up with 2 resto druids trying to kill each other. It took like half an hour but we won. At which time the other team came at us saying things like 'lol your warrior is terrible, omfg stop running cowards etc etc'

At which time my druid friend, who is female decided to mess around and said to them ' I would really appreciate it if you guys would not insult my son's ability, he tries very hard on his warrior every day'
Needless to say they went to town with insults from there. At which time my druid friend took it to the next level and reported them, still acting as my mother.

Hahaha, that's priceless.

While in vent I would introduce myself as "Matty's mom" and ask everyone if he'd been behaving himself. One guy blurted out that he'd been cursing a lot (the kid's got a sailor's mouth on him). I pretended to be really upset, asking Matt if that was true. The guy who had tattled on him immediately realized what he'd done and tried saying that he was only kidding. I pushed on, though, demanding an answer from my son. I made up some bogus full name to call him by, asking him if I had to call his father about it, etc. That guy got s**t for ages for getting him in "trouble".
Flip Wit
Oulgut Pleu
No_Judgement

Pwned!
Oulgut Pleu
No_Judgement

Its always fun to ******** with people in pugs, its not like they are gonna get anything done anyway...
Oulgut Pleu
No_Judgement

No_Judgement

4,350 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
Find someone who is willing to chat.
Talk to them, share interests etc.
You'll form friendship
Flip Wit
Blaze-kun
Flip Wit
Thats the worst part for me though.

If someone extends a hand to talk in a situation similar to this I usually don't do the same. To me it seems like you offered simply because it seemed a good idea or you were obligated to. It feels more like taking advantage of someone's kindness than anything for me.
To me, it would seem a real life encounter would provide a bigger feeling of "obligation". That is to say, you are required to continue engaging someone in conversation because you may see them so often, such as a classroom or work setting.

It sounds like you're trying to apply an almost perfect definition of friendship to online social contacts. People aren't perfect, and they do sometimes let you down. You just have to enjoy whatever part of life you can.

I wouldn't say 'perfect'
Well.. look at it this way. I play World of Warcraft.. yeah yeah I'm a nerd.

Anyway I play WoW and the people I know on there I can relate to on a single level. Our enjoyment of the game. What I'm looking for is a little bit more. It's nice to have those people to relate to on that level but I'm missing at the very least a closer friend base than I think I require.

I'd like to be able to confide in someone about random things, and to be able to just talk about whatever comes to mind.

I see.

I've been raiding for 3 years so I haven't really quit. But yeah.. thanks for the offer. sweatdrop
Flip Wit
Oulgut Pleu
Flip Wit

I wouldn't say 'perfect'
Well.. look at it this way. I play World of Warcraft.. yeah yeah I'm a nerd.

Anyway I play WoW and the people I know on there I can relate to on a single level. Our enjoyment of the game. What I'm looking for is a little bit more. It's nice to have those people to relate to on that level but I'm missing at the very least a closer friend base than I think I require.

I'd like to be able to confide in someone about random things, and to be able to just talk about whatever comes to mind.

I play World of Warcraft, too. Level 70 orc warrior on Mannoroth.

What server are you located on?

Silvermoon.

Level 70 Draenei Shaman.

I also had a lvl 70 Undead Warrior.

That's awesome.

I haven't been playing much lately since one of my friends left the game. It's not much fun when he's not around.

But yeah, I'm totally for talking to you whenever you feel like it. I know what it's like to be trapped with a circle of friends who only want to talk about one subject and aren't at all flexible with the conversation. I actually started my account here in the hopes of making some new friends.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff