Welcome to Gaia! ::

how old do you have to be to work at wal-mart??

15 0.066666666666667 6.7% [ 2 ]
16 0.43333333333333 43.3% [ 13 ]
17 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
18 0.26666666666667 26.7% [ 8 ]
21 0.033333333333333 3.3% [ 1 ]
12 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
4 0.2 20.0% [ 6 ]
Total Votes:[ 30 ]

[Nympho] Whore
With attitude like that I'm not suprised you're having problems getting a job.

You need to be atleast fourteen.
http://www.walmartstores.com/Files/Wal-MartStandardsforSuppliers.pdf

If you have a job in ANY place that is taking on. You can refer someone and they'll get an interview, regardles of your position.

with a name like that ..why would i care of your opinion.

4,350 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
With attitude like that I'm not suprised you're having problems getting a job.

You need to be atleast fourteen.
http://www.walmartstores.com/Files/Wal-MartStandardsforSuppliers.pdf

If you have a job in ANY place that is taking on. You can refer someone and they'll get an interview, regardles of your position.
weeeee walmart ohhh soooo fun
I would have assumed 16, but two people so far have said 18. Now that I think about it, I only know three people who have worked at Wal-Mart, and all of them were at least 18.

The only place I know that hires at 15 is Burger King, and I think that might vary from restaurant to restaurant.
C 4 r t 0 0 n M u f f i n
Depends on what he'd be doing. Like, he probably couldn't work at the register if Walmart sells alcoholic -anything-.

I know some grocery stores will hire at fourteen for stuff like packaging or whatever
He can work register, he just needs someone else to ring up the alcohol.
I've seen it done before.
If you work there, work overnights. You don't have to put up with as many bitching customers and it's almost enjoyable. The overnight staff at the one I used to work at were really laid back.

I have never heard of Walmart taking anyone under 18, though. I guess they might if you're a manager's kid, but probably not even then.
Although Child Labor Laws say you must be 16 to work Walmart WILL NOT TAKE ANYONE UNDER 18 I have serval friend that for some god awful reason work there and will tell you the same thing. A few other of my friends have also been told to come back in a few week when they turn 18 when they go to an interview a month before their birthday.

Bashful Bloodsucker

8,375 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Signature Look 250
Depends on what he'd be doing. Like, he probably couldn't work at the register if Walmart sells alcoholic -anything-.

I know some grocery stores will hire at fourteen for stuff like packaging or whatever
Your sister can get him an interview. Current employees have a lot of pull on who gets interviewed and hired. It's hard to get a job any other way nowadays.

Just ******** call the store and ask for a manager and ask them. It's not that hard, it's more reliable than a bunch of people guessing on Gaia.
Pretty sure its sixteen. o.o

Bashful Fatcat

7,250 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Walmart is all about child labor, I doubt they care.
I'm not sure that Wal-Mart cares. (I have a very low opinion of them >_>.) It's probably 16, depending on where you live, but sometimes big box stores will hire younger, and depending on when his 16th birthday is, they might not care anyway.
You don't want a job at Wal-Mart. I worked there one month and haven't been in a Wal-Mart since.
my brother was told by my older sister she is getting him a job at wal-mart but hes 15, i dont think she can because 1 ..shes not the manager and 2 he has to be 16 at least.. she works there .so what do you think????????

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff