Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which gender is messier?

male 0.6875 68.8% [ 11 ]
female 0.3125 31.2% [ 5 ]
Total Votes:[ 16 ]
1 2 >

Have you ever had or have a messy roommate? Have you ever had or have a messy S.O?

Typical List of a Messy Roommate:

1. Leaves dishes, plates, and glasses lying in the common areas after use (uses excessive amounts of glasses in one week he's used about 11)

2. If he does remove them from common areas he piles them all in the sink

3. He leaves them in the sink for weeks on end (we have a fully functional dishwasher btw, which he sometimes will put in plates and dishes, but never removes them)

4. He cooks and does not wipe the stove after cooking (totally grosses me out)

5. He cooks and usually leaves whatever he has cooked on the stove for weeks or days before removing it (totally grosses me out)

6. He drops food, spills drinks, and never cleans up after himself. Usually there's a half a&& effort in which a sticky stain is still left

7. We have a maid service, that came last week cleaned everything in the kitchen, and he's already made it a living breathing mess

8. He stacks trash all the way to the top of the trash can even if it noticeably will not fit (Yes, he does not even bother to either take the trash out or simply do the squash down with his hand or foot)

9. He gets serious attitudes and angry if these things are pointed out

10. I have asked him kindly to pick up after himself, but it is not working

11. bonus one he often leaves food out and allows it to spoil. Like chicken, hamburger meat, and a few other iteams.

Are you a messy person?
Have you had a super messy roommate? How messy were they? What did you do about it?
How annoying are messy slobs?

tamtonica's Partner

Hygienic Bibliophile

8,300 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
I'm the opposite of messy, people have told me I'm a neat freak sweatdrop

I've had a messy roommate/boyfriend. We were living together and he was basically everything OP described.
Never cleaned, never did the dishes, left plates and glasses in his room for days, etc.
It was horrible and quite frankly played a big part in our breakup. I felt like he was not even making an effort even though it was clearly upsetting for me.

Now I live alone and it. is. heaven!

Friendly Fatcat

8,350 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
im either super clean or super messy

but i will never get to the point where i have dirty clothes and underwear all over the ground, i just have clean clothes on chairs if im too lazy to put it in my closet lol

but no, no lazy roommate, no roommate at all in fact.
Our apartment descends into clutter pretty quickly, but seldom is it gross-messy-mold growing on dishes. But there are usually clothes on the floor, shoes under the table, and papers on the coffee table. A lot of this is because we have such a small apartment with such shitty storage space. Our old place had way more storage and it stayed much, much cleaner because everything had a place to go. Here things literally have to get crammed into closets or in boxes because there's nowhere else to put them. It sucks, I feel like I'm constantly battling clutter.

We also don't have a dishwasher, so dishes pile up quickly, which also blows. When we had a dishwasher I was really good about rinsing right away and putting them in the dishwasher, but here they just sit in the sink until they make me crazy.

Ugghhh we need to move.

Hygienic Bloodsucker

6,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Over Easy 100
  • Hygienic 200
I still live with my family...and its disgusting. The only reason I stay is for a place while I'm in college. Dishes are everywhere every time I come home from work, and I have to clean them. Food all over the floor, unvacummed rugs so we also have fleas, no one has a clean room, and of course I sleep outside in the storage shed so there's all sorts of crap my mother refuses to throw away because no reason I guess. And did I also mention no one takes out the trash? Its disgusting. emotion_puke We only have four people in the house too, so what the hell? My sister and I have jobs, and I'm going to school...so..yeah its really not hard to do daily chores.

I swear to ******** daisies and petunias I am leaving this dumpy frat house when I graduate, no questions asked. emotion_donotwant

Rainbow Lover

I'm pretty messy myself. One of my roommate is a clean freak. Me and my other roommate stomps our feet on the floor to get it dirty just to piss her off. cat_whee

Sexy Fairy

I'm relatively messy in some areas, such as kitchen work, but neater in other areas, such as living room(s), bathrooms, and bedrooms.

I've never gotten to the point of moving in, so instead, let's talk about my two roommates. I'm usually the cook/baker for the house, and I'm forgetful at times, so there have been incidents where the kitchen was trashed, but we've sort of agreed that if I cook, buy groceries, and organize the fridge, then they have to clean the counters, mop, and wash dishes. It's not too bad, but occasionally when I'm left to my own devices, things can get out of hand for a while.

I'm usually the one who cleans the living room, corridor, and one of the bathrooms (they switch off on the other one). My bedroom is so-so, with my personal half being immaculate, and the other half with my desk and homework stuff being a catastrophe, especially when a term paper is due, or when I need to go over past notes.

One thing I am guilty of though is the glasses. I'm very absent minded when I'm not doing much, so I tend to wander. Since I also drink about 3.25L of water a day, that's a lot of glasses, and while I'm usually good at reusing them, occasionally I lose them. One time I lost the tea kettle, and all hell broke loose (leaf); it's pretty much what made my roommate take over dish duty.

Shy Conversationalist

I'm not very messy at all. I will allow things to clutter up a bit over time, but I will always, without fail, organize it eventually. Even so, I can't stand doing things like leaving clothes on the floor, leaving papers or mail strewn about in an unorganized pile, or leaving my bed unmade.

I had a roommate in college that was horribly messy. She would leave her things all over the floor in a chaotic pile of s**t, all the time. I'm talking clothes, shoes, schoolwork, toiletries, everthing. She'd leave stuff all over her bed (or cram her things under her bed). The worst thing was that she would leave half-eaten food and trash out for days at a time. I'm a very neat and organized person, myself, but I never minded a messy roommate as long as my side remained clean and untouched. I began having an issue with my roommate's mess when her monstrous piles of crap started creeping over into my side of the room. At that point, I moved out.
I live with my boyfriend and am very messy.

My biggest issue is clothes. Im fussy with outfits so will often drag clothes out all over the bedroom, and I take my clothes off in the living room and after a few days there will be a clothes pile in there. The bedrooms always covered in messy clothes; I actually have too many clothes to store, part of the reason that I gave up organising them.

Generally I dont like cleaning though. I like washing up, but need motivation to do it, and plates pile up fast because me and my boyfriend eat in all the time. So thats annoying. Hoovering/sweeping isnt done as often as it should be either.

I just think keeping a whole house clean is hard work. As soon as its clean it becomes messy again, so its really easy for it to get out of hand.

Lavish Loiterer

I'm messy out of habit. The room I live in is pretty spacious but I keep it a little cluttered on purpose since I'm not used to having a large room.

My last roommate was so messy it was disgusting. She could live with the mess/filth of her own dogs and wouldn't do anything about it until it would get really bad (ex: the hallway would smell like dog pee/poop).

Timid Combatant

13,690 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
I leave things lying around -- controllers; cables; books; cameras; toys; tools -- but I don't ever just leave food and crap around; that's dirty. I do typically have a few cups I keep around, but that's so that I can rinse them after I've used them and reuse them the next time I want a drink.

Sexy Fairy

Mae Lovelyn

My last roommate was so messy it was disgusting. She could live with the mess/filth of her own dogs and wouldn't do anything about it until it would get really bad (ex: the hallway would smell like dog pee/poop).

Oh god, we once had a girl like that in our house. It takes so much for the smell to get off of the carpet. In the end because she never did anything we ended up replacing it.

Divorced Datemate

4,625 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Partygoer 500
I'm super messy. I'm trying to get better but it's such a set in my way habit. But I at least try to keep the kitchen and washroom I share with my mom clean and keep my messiness contained to my room. I don't really go anywhere else in my house besides the office occasionally but only when my laptop is ******** up. But I got a new cord for it so it shouldn't ******** up on me anytime soon.

Lavish Loiterer

Silv the Angel
Mae Lovelyn

Oh god, we once had a girl like that in our house. It takes so much for the smell to get off of the carpet. In the end because she never did anything we ended up replacing it.
i ended up moving out telling her that her house should be condemned. She went psycho on me afterwards and we're no longer on speaking terms.

Sexy Fairy

Mae Lovelyn
Silv the Angel
Mae Lovelyn

i ended up moving out telling her that her house should be condemned. She went psycho on me afterwards and we're no longer on speaking terms.

Well I'm glad for you, there is a limit to how messy a person can be before it's disgusting. We ended up picking up more hours despite our course loads just to make sure that we don't have to go through something like that. When we eventually bought a house dog, we made sure that we trained her properly before anything else.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff