Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Kitten

ASMR (autonomous sensory meridian response) is this response to a sound (whispering, tapping, scratching, etc) that causes tingling sensations on your head/neck pretty much like a head orgasm. It makes you really relaxed.

It's pretty much pseudo science I think and it started on reddit but it's pretty much amazing.
It's really popular on youtube. For example there will be like role-play type videos however I prefer the 3D binaural sounds.

Mostly scratching, tapping, "ear massages" are my triggers.

Demonic Hunter

Holy crap I love it a lot. I have high anxiety and it usually helps me to focus on something else rather then my racing mind.

Tipsy Kitten

Mari Kyomo
Holy crap I love it a lot. I have high anxiety and it usually helps me to focus on something else rather then my racing mind.

I just like them because well... it feels good lol.

Demonic Hunter

Toki Bird
Mari Kyomo

I just like them because well... it feels good lol.
That's also another good reason xD

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200
Ihate it when that happens. it's relaxing, sure, but it always makes me worry that something's wrong. I usually get one as part of a seizure. also, I generally hate relaxing.

Demonic Hunter

Chieftain Twilight
Ihate it when that happens. it's relaxing, sure, but it always makes me worry that something's wrong. I usually get one as part of a seizure. also, I generally hate relaxing.
You feel ASMR during seizures? That's bizarre. D:

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Mari Kyomo
Chieftain Twilight

is it? it usually happens right after the seizure passes. sometimes it happens at the same time. like, I suddenly freeze, and my vision just fades to black, and I collapse for a second. the same thing happens to my mom.

Demonic Hunter

Chieftain Twilight
Mari Kyomo
Chieftain Twilight

is it? it usually happens right after the seizure passes. sometimes it happens at the same time. like, I suddenly freeze, and my vision just fades to black, and I collapse for a second. the same thing happens to my mom.
I've never had a seizure, but I experience ASMR all the time. The thought of having a seizure frightens me.

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
Mari Kyomo
Chieftain Twilight
Mari Kyomo
Chieftain Twilight

I've never had a seizure, but I experience ASMR all the time. The thought of having a seizure frightens me.

they are scary, alright. I've grown a little bit desensitized by them, but the thought of what it could mean in a dangerous situations still haunts me.

Familiar Friend

ASMR makes me feel really uncomfortable.

And I also feel like Im about to be spit on.

Sugary Cat

When someone sucks something through a straw (that's what she said) I get a REALLY uncomfortable feeling. Sucking sounds in general. No idea wtf it means.
it helps me fall asleep alot more easier than before.
I wanted to make a thread about this a while ago. I've been into "asmr" for a few years now, but I remember as a kid, there were certain things that would "trigger" me that way and I just didn't understand what it was. My triggers are watching people get foot, head and back massages with a lot of pressure. I also enjoy watching people get their hair brushed. Sometimes it helps me get to sleep.

Invisible Humorist

Dustiest Gozongas
I wanted to make a thread about this a while ago. I've been into "asmr" for a few years now, but I remember as a kid, there were certain things that would "trigger" me that way and I just didn't understand what it was. My triggers are watching people get foot, head and back massages with a lot of pressure. I also enjoy watching people get their hair brushed. Sometimes it helps me get to sleep.

So instead of your mother reading you to sleep, she'll brush her hair on your bedside?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff