Welcome to Gaia! ::

How do you tell? Is there any way to tell? PLease help
No ones coming neutral
Use your common sense, if something seems shady, it most likely is.
If something seems inappropriate, it most likely is.
I don't think there's any real way to tell, but to protect your self here are some tips:

1. Never give your name, age, or where you live to somebody you don't know.
2. Never give out a picture of your self.
3. Never give out any personal details about your self.
4. If somebody starts to make sexual moves at you, or says something sexual contact the police.

Well, those are all my tips. Just watch out, and don't get your self in trouble.

4,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
If the person asks to meet you, asks for your real full name/number/adress or such, there is a chance the person is up to no good.
Never give out your personal info to someone you don't know and never meet anyone you've talked to on the net alone.
Preferably bring an adult to a meeting like that.
Well its not like im gonna go tell people my info, I know not to do that. But, i wish there was a way you could tell crying
Yeah, meeting is definatly a stolker, asking for personal things isnt always a stolker, i guess, but I still dont do it. I do think its okay if they ask for something to call you (Candy, Ducky, etc.) (<----Lol at corny examples)
There's no real way to tell...that's how they get you.

Just be smart. If someone is way too into you after a short period of time, that isn't a good sign.
I'd say if someone has asked to meet you that's a big alarm bell. If you're really sure about them at least make sure your first meeting is in a *very* public place if you're not confident you can take care of yourself.
Just go with your gut, if it feels off and you're getting uncomfortable in anyway, stop talking to them. That's the joy of the internet, you don't have to deal with someone you don't want to.

9,350 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
User Image

♥

It's really hard to tell.

But do not give out any of your personal information. Don't meet that person if they ask.

Just use common sense. ^^

♥

User Image
It's all about common sense. If you think you can't figure out if somebody is a threat to you, maybe you shouldn't be making friends online.

It's okay to talk to people, but don't go much further than that.
Simple: Develop paranoia.
the point is that you can't really tell most of the time. but if someone starts asking you to do things like strip on camera or ask for your address or phonenumber then that's likely to be a rapist/sexual predator.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff