Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lonely Shopper

RyoSW
Aramanthia
I liek athiests cause they don't force their religion on me.

*laughs* I guess that's true! They haven't done that, that's for sure X3

God Bless,
~RyoSW

I'm sure I'm going to offend some one when I say this, but I can't stand the people who come to my door and try to force they're religion on me. If I wanted their religion, I'd seek it out. I don't need them knocking on my door at 8am to ask me if I want to join their faith. I'm happy with the one I have already.
RyoSW
Koravin
RyoSW
O.o You know, this is the first time I've ever heard of someone being made fun of for being an atheist. I'm Christian, and we had to go through Rome persecuting us, China persecutes us now, and we've had a history of persecuting other faiths. We know what that stuff's all about, and it's not something anyone should have to go through.

God Bless
~RyoSW
I'm sorry, you can't play the persecution card. Middle ages? Crusades? And history should remain aside. You can't talk about being persecuted if you haven't been.

Oh? I think I pointed out quite plainly that we've been total jerks in the past. And actually I have been socially persecuted, though not to the extent of Paul, nor to the extent of pagans.

God Bless
~RyoSW
I'm sorry that you've experience religious intolerance. Reading over my post again, it might sound a little mean. That was unintentional. Also, I read over the bit that you said "we've had a history of persecuting other faiths." Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Aramanthia
RyoSW
Aramanthia

God Bless,
~RyoSW

I'm sure I'm going to offend some one when I say this, but I can't stand the people who come to my door and try to force they're religion on me. If I wanted their religion, I'd seek it out. I don't need them knocking on my door at 8am to ask me if I want to join their faith. I'm happy with the one I have already.

Good for you. ^.^ At any rate it's better to stand firm in your beliefs than be wishy-washy and 'go with the crowd'.

God bless.
~RyoSW
i'm starting to think i am one. . .
They should be tolerated, everyone should be tolerated if they've done nothing wrong. But I do say something is better than nothing. I mean, if you believe there is no afterlife, you can't be sure.
Koravin
RyoSW
Koravin
RyoSW
O.o You know, this is the first time I've ever heard of someone being made fun of for being an atheist. I'm Christian, and we had to go through Rome persecuting us, China persecutes us now, and we've had a history of persecuting other faiths. We know what that stuff's all about, and it's not something anyone should have to go through.

God Bless
~RyoSW
I'm sorry, you can't play the persecution card. Middle ages? Crusades? And history should remain aside. You can't talk about being persecuted if you haven't been.

Oh? I think I pointed out quite plainly that we've been total jerks in the past. And actually I have been socially persecuted, though not to the extent of Paul, nor to the extent of pagans.

God Bless
~RyoSW
I'm sorry that you've experience religious intolerance. Reading over my post again, it might sound a little mean. That was unintentional. Also, I read over the bit that you said "we've had a history of persecuting other faiths." Sorry for the misunderstanding.

It's no problem, thank you for the apologies though. ^.^

God bless
~RyoSW
Aramanthia
RyoSW
Aramanthia

God Bless,
~RyoSW

Well it's there job. It's like those people calling you to sell stuff there annoying but you got to remember it's their job.

2,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
There's nothing wrong with being an Atheist. Though I couldn't see myself being an athiest, I do indeed understand their reasons.
Psh, I had a friend for three years and he was an Athiest and I never knew it. He was just a person I got along with, even after that, it never made a difference.
I live in the UK. And its much more likely you will be picked on in school for being openly religious then the other way around.
The greater amount of the countries youth is atheist/agnostic and as tolerant as most of us are, there will always be bullies picking on different people.
I remember my friends religion was ripped when some jerks found a bible in his bag. I got so angry i had to sit in a quiete room for a while. Im an atheist and believe in sensible debates about religion, not hurling insults.
Of course the amount of muslim children increases the theist stats.

7,450 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Friendly 100
I don't mind their beliefs at all, even if I don't agree with them... just as long as they don't try to tear down my own beliefs.

Then Jade gets very annoyed.
GeneralSephirothValentine
There's nothing wrong with being an Atheist. Though I couldn't see myself being an athiest, I do indeed understand their reasons.
Psh, I had a friend for three years and he was an Athiest and I never knew it. He was just a person I got along with, even after that, it never made a difference.

Ah, he must of hid his monster baby-eating form when you were around.

Sparkly Protagonist

Archangel_Of_War
I'm a Christian and i have nothing against Atheists at all. I think we should get along with each other whether we be Muslim, Jewish, Buddhist, Wiccan, Hindu, Agnostic etc.
We're all human, we just believe in a different faith then each other and then some people don't have a religious belief at all but we're all human and we should be treated equally, no matter what our religion or belief.

I agree w/ what you said. It doesn't matter what we believe just please don't shove w/e your religion is down our throats...I hate it when people do that ... does anyone know what I mean???
I'm an atheist.

Anybody who says I'm going to hell, or I'm wrong, go away.

I don't care enough to devote my life to something as hypocritical and contradictory as an organized religion. No offense to those of you who do, but it's not for me.

I also can't believe in any higher power. All I can believe in is myself, and my loved ones.

Perfect Trash

Atheists are just like any other group of people. Some of them are lovely, and some of them are real assholes. But they'd probably still be either lovely or assholes regardless of whether or not they were atheists.

I do find people who are abrasive about their beliefs to be annoying, as a general rule. If you're Christian, stop trying to force your religion on everyone else. If you're an atheist, stop trying to convince every religious person you meet that God doesn't exist. Just let everyone believe whatever the ******** they want and let it go.
SinfulGuillotine
Atheists are just like any other group of people. Some of them are lovely, and some of them are real assholes. But they'd probably still be either lovely or assholes regardless of whether or not they were atheists.

I do find people who are abrasive about their beliefs to be annoying, as a general rule. If you're Christian, stop trying to force your religion on everyone else. If you're an atheist, stop trying to convince every religious person you meet that God doesn't exist. Just let everyone believe whatever the ******** they want and let it go.
Though it is fun sometimes to make the other group think about what they believe a bit.

I welcome food for thought with open arms, though.

P.S. Awesome signature.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces