Welcome to Gaia! ::

Desirable Darling

13,550 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • First step to fame 200
question

Explorer

I would be rude back, but it is a job. I would file that s**t under harassment and try and get them fired if it got to a point where I couldn't work.

Dangerous Kitten

By being ruder and meaner. I obviously have some delayed growing up to do.
avoid/ignore

I'm not going to confront them. If their rudeness goes beyond annoying remarks and begins to affect the work, I'll alert my boss and/or HR because a) I need to be able to do my job effectively and b) I want it made clear in advance that I shouldn't be held responsible for damage they cause the company by not doing their job because they're concerned with causing drama for others.

Thirteenth Seeker

I don't, I just drop my voice, and stand up for myself, if it's that kind of rudeness (and it normally is- someone thinking they run the place, and wants to push you around).. Remember that you are a person, we are all equal, and capable of controlling our emotions and thoughts about our peers and our surroundings, and no one should have the right or the audacity to treat you any worse than they themselves would like to be treated (golden rule). Or I just take what's being thrown and make the best of it, and if I still feel there's some inky overtone...

sweatdrop I believe the best thing to do is consult your director/manager/supervisor, though. I work in a hospital, and I feel like this process would be relatively easy, as there is always a higher head you can go to, no matter what, and they do encourage it. Sooo.. yeah. Those types of employees are venemous to workplace harmony and I'd pipe up about it if I were in that sort of position.

Perfect Businesswoman

13,200 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Marathon 300
Cuddles Destroys
question

I used to be mistreated by this one chick when i was 17. One day after a week of putting in my 2 weeks notice in (i was moving) she came across very hostile and talked s**t as i turned my back so i turned back around and went off on her. I told her wtf was wrong with and wtf i did to fkin be treated that way, she then avoided my questions by saying that if i didnt back off that she was going to "beat my a**" so then I went up to her staring her down and breathing calmly said that to go ahead and make a move and that if she touched me the only thing she would remember is a punch going towards her face. She then started stuttering and saying to "back off" and then the manager told her to stfu and to stop being a b***h towards me xD

But that was back then .w. like almost 8 years ago xD so what you need to do, is just ask them why they are being rude. Bring it upon yourself to be the adult in this situation and ask wtf you did to deserve that kind of treatment. If they are just hostile and mean or rude then notify your superior and make sure to get the report on PAPER because if that s**t doesnt stop then you can always sue the company for having a hostile work environment and then you would have proof that you reported the acts towards the person incharge but yet nothing was changed o3o
thats what i would do anyways xD

Invisible Tipper

7,600 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Hygienic 200
gaia_star

You don't. If you're the new guy/girl, nothing you say matters. I had this problem with a job I was at. Nobody cared how I was treated by another co-worker. You keep your head down and deal with it and hope it goes away on it's own.

Fanatical Phantom

For the most part, I tolerate them while I'm at work and then b***h about them the moment I'm off the clock.

Recently though, I've made the choice to switch departments away from all the people who I feel 'bully' me at work, so getting away from them works too.
I ignore them, or respond with a sarcastic remark that makes them look stupid.

Dapper Genius

6,300 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trader 100
  • Hygienic 200
i kill them.

just kidding.

Tipsy Prophet

6,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
I tend to just sort of try and ignore it. Until I cant anymore, then I just deal with it badly.

Sunilu's Prince

Bachelorette

Stand up for yourself and show them how good of a worker you are.
Ignore them. I worked with this one dude who was the biggest jerk I've ever met. He's honestly the only person I have ever disliked. I only talked to him if I needed to but otherwise I just did my own thing.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff