Welcome to Gaia! ::

********. I hate everything.

This stupid job I took. Didn't tell me how much they were going to pay me until my first pay check (UM MASSIVE ******** PAY DECREASE)

I'm doing triple the work of my old job, so that's not cool. They're not respecting the amount of hours I can work a week (I put on my application 20 a week, seems like they're going for 40)

It's only been a week working there but I don't think it's going to get any better. The schedule for the coming week comes out Sunday, the day before. So I won't know if I work Monday or not until ******** 10 pm Sunday.

Not to mention the hours of ******** children/ghetto women screaming and bitching at this job.

Am I taking this too seriously, is it that bad.

How the ******** do I quit a job I just started. Help mom.

Romantic Cheerleader

19,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
Leave a bag of dogshit on the boss' desk with a note saying "Here's my paycheck back. Keep the change."

Loiterer

User Image1. WHY the ******** did you accept a job without knowing how much you were going to make beforehand. That was stupid.

2. Write a note detailing that you:
a.) would like a pay raise
b.) would like your hours cut
c.) that if these suggestions are not complied with immediately, you will no longer work at [sucky job] as of [date that is 2 weeks from now].
d.) sign, print, and date the note.

3. Deliver said note to your boss and/or shift supervisor.

4. That's a two week notice.

Tipsy Codger

Sounds a bit like when I worked for Best Buy. surprised

I'll go with Bornes on this one. 3nodding
Bornes
User Image1. WHY the ******** did you accept a job without knowing how much you were going to make beforehand. That was stupid.

2. Write a note detailing that you:
a.) would like a pay raise
b.) would like your hours cut
c.) that if these suggestions are not complied with immediately, you will no longer work at [sucky job] as of [date that is 2 weeks from now].
d.) sign, print, and date the note.

3. Deliver said note to your boss and/or shift supervisor.

4. That's a two week notice.

Dude its a bunch of ******** hoodlums trying to run a business. This is not like an official thing, it is bullshit. This is why I just need to stick to working for well established places, not some craphole that just decided to open in a mall.

I severely doubt I will be getting a pay raise even if I ask for it, they are paying the other photographer the same amount as me, even though she is in her 40's and WAY more experienced than me.

The reason I took it without knowing the pay, is because I didn't think there would be a decrease, plus I DID ask, multiple times before my first paycheck came, the manager just kept saying "We need to hear back from corporate, but you work tomorrow!"

Quotable Sex Symbol

9,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
When you put in a two weeks notice, you don't need to put in the reasons WHY you are even leaving.

On mine, I put "I (My Full Name) am formally placing in my two weeks notice from my position as team member at (my company name). My final day of work will be (Insert Date here).

As for making sure you work those final two weeks, I would strongly advise it. If you can, request to your supervisor that you simply not be scheduled for those two weeks. Some companies are okay with this, but some aren't.

Good luck.

Loiterer

Ghosty Pie

Dude its a bunch of ******** hoodlums trying to run a business. This is not like an official thing, it is bullshit. This is why I just need to stick to working for well established places, not some craphole that just decided to open in a mall.
*Throws up hands*
Fine. Then walk up to your boss, say you quit, leave, and then never show up to work again.
Why the ******** ask gaia how to quit if you don't care what the answer is.
Quote:

I severely doubt I will be getting a pay raise even if I ask for it, they are paying the other photographer the same amount as me, even though she is in her 40's and WAY more experienced than me.
You'll never know unless you ask. The two weeks notice is professional and it gives the company an ultimatimum: put up or I quit. THERE'S NO LOSING SINCE YOU DON'T WANT THE JOB ANYWAY.

Quote:
The reason I took it without knowing the pay, is because I didn't think there would be a decrease, plus I DID ask, multiple times before my first paycheck came, the manager just kept saying "We need to hear back from corporate, but you work tomorrow!"
That should've been a red flag. But meh. As long as you have your other job, you should be fine.
Bornes
Ghosty Pie

*Throws up hands*
Fine. Then walk up to your boss, say you quit, leave, and then never show up to work again.
Quote:

You'll never know unless you ask. The two weeks notice is professional and it gives the company an ultimatimum: put up or I quit. THERE'S NO LOSING SINCE YOU DON'T WANT THE JOB ANYWAY.

Quote:
That should've been a red flag. But meh. As long as you have your other job, you should be fine.

Yeah I have two other jobs.

I'm so mad they've wasted my time.

Getting yelled at by ******** hood rat mothers is not worth minimum wage.
Ghosty Pie
Bornes
Ghosty Pie

*Throws up hands*
Quote:

Quote:

Why don't you just stick to webcam modeling?
Gonecrazy12345
Ghosty Pie
Bornes
Ghosty Pie

*Throws up hands*
Quote:

Quote:

Why don't you just stick to webcam modeling?

I do like to get out of my house you know.

Original Regular

King Cutie-Pie

x
            I would just leave, I guess?
            Tell them that it turns out that their establishment is not what you were looking for and that you quit.
It sounds like retail. sad

With my advice, it's easier to get a job while you already have it, so put in the applications like crazy until you find something better. Then, give notice the crappy job you have found better work.

Good luck, though!

Divorced Datemate

4,625 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Partygoer 500
If you dont care about using them as a reference just either call and tell them you quit, don't do your 2 weeks. Or just don't show up at all. I've done both of those things. I never have used those jobs as references or on a resume but I have plenty other work experience to use.
La Choucroute
It sounds like retail. sad

With my advice, it's easier to get a job while you already have it, so put in the applications like crazy until you find something better. Then, give notice the crappy job you have found better work.

Good luck, though!
Nope, not retail.

Its a portrait studio, but not an established one, they are dumb as s**t and have no idea how to run a portrait studio, you can't run it like retail, but they're trying.

I have two other jobs already, I do want to find another that way I can be like "uh hey, they're going to pay me real money agian, bye"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff